Code of Conduct

Default Thoughts on a couple Creed colognes..

So Neiman Marcus sent me some samples in the mail since they couldn't give me them in store.. they couldn't send me Aventus, but I got Virgin Island Water, Original Santal, and Himalaya. VIW smells like suntan lotion to me, is it still wearable? Or is it just me that's getting that smell?

In any case, was just looking for feedback/personal opinions on these three and how they can be worn.. (age, time of day, event) etc...

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Thoughts on a couple Creed colognes..

Don't know about VIW, but OS and Himalaya are okay Creeds - but not the best imo. Prefer Himalaya over OS. Nice pink pepper intro, followed by woods and musk. Still, I'd rather go for some of the other offerings.

OS was nice, but the lavender doesn't work in it (Creed seems to have some problems integrating lavender into their scents successfully), and the frag reminds me a bit of other things I've smelled.

All three are very nice IMO.

Aventus is my favorite Creed. It smells like fruity, smokey, leathery amazingness with killer projection and longevity. Himalaya and OS are pretty good too. Himalaya is the more generic smelling Creed and OS smells very sweet. MI smells like salty watermelon and amazingness.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Not crazy about any of them to be honest. VIW does indeed smell like copper tone/Malibu rum, very pleasant and holiday in the sun esque.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Not crazy about any of them to be honest. VIW does indeed smell like copper tone/Malibu rum, very pleasant and holiday in the sun esque.
    Yeah... it really does.. I'm so hesitant to wear it lol.. I can't think of a time I would want to wear it tbh. If I'm at the beach.. I would probably be wearing sunscreen anyway.. with the upside of actually protecting my skin >_>

Quote Originally Posted by JSN723 View Post
    So Neiman Marcus sent me some samples in the mail since they couldn't give me them in store.. they couldn't send me Aventus, but I got Virgin Island Water, Original Santal, and Himalaya. VIW smells like suntan lotion to me, is it still wearable? Or is it just me that's getting that smell?

In any case, was just looking for feedback/personal opinions on these three and how they can be worn.. (age, time of day, event) etc...
    I own bottles of both VIW and Himalaya. VIW is a very nice scent and would be best worn during the Summer. It's a mix of lemon, coconut, and rum. Himalaya is one of my favorite Creeds. It's a very fresh & classy scent. It's also very versatile and can be worn on just about any occasion.

I tried Original Santal once on my forearm while I was at Nordstrom. I wasn't too fond of it. I got a strong chlorine vibe. I have yet to give it a full wearing though.

You should definitely try Silver Mountain Water sometime.

OS and Himalaya are rather powdery, feminine scents, IMO. They aren't at all what I think of when I think of Creed's best fragrances. VIW is a wonderfully different scent. Some describe it as a "suntan lotion" scent, but I don't think of it like that. It's meant to be a coconut/rum and fun scent. It's a great summer scent when you're just hanging out with friends in the summer. People will smell it on you and will be intrigued by it because it's not like your typical "cologne". It's not meant to only be used at the beach, although it would certainly be appropriate for that.

If you're wanting some fragrances that made Creed famous, keep looking. None of these 3 would qualify, IMO.

Yeah, I like Aventus the most.. GIT doesnt seem to last very long on me unfortunately.

I agree VIW smells like you have spilled a cocktail of Mailbu on yourself while you were applying your suntan lotion, a novelty fragrance.lol Himalaya's white musky icy soapyness can be worn in any situation and in any season. Original Santal is better suited for the fall/winter and it to me it smells like a better well made joop. Which begs the question why spend big money on a cologne which is near enough to a fragrance I can get for a lot less.

I like Himalaya's powdery (the gunpower accord?) woody vibe, a rather understated and quiet scent, to me. Safe, but comfortable. It is quite versatile: I think it is suitable for most occasions, a most safe office scent, and yet also good for casual events.