Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Anyone know where I can read Off-scenter's reviews? They are gone again.

He's one of my favorite reviewers, and I like to read his reviews sometimes before going to sleep, its become a ritual and one of the reasons I eventually joined basenotes.

If anyone knows of an offsight blog, book or whatever where I can read them again, I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

Default Re: Anyone know where I can read Off-scenter's reviews? They are gone again.

I hope his reviews come back up soon.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Swaps
    Wanted

Default Re: Anyone know where I can read Off-scenter's reviews? They are gone again.

He's also disappeared from my friends list and you can no longer PM him. Weird...

something strange too is that I saw this mornig the number 0 in the counter of replies in the SOTD, when It actually was full of replies.

That would be a terrible loss if it's true and not just a technical glitch.

Power Where You Need It

He quitted.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    He quitted.
    I'm so sorry to learn this. Does he have a perfume blog?

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    He quitted.
    Why would he delete all his reviews if he quitted?
    You are joking, right? lol

I don't think he's joking ... And I'm grieving this loss.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

It's true, he left BN and deleted his reviews. Sometimes people have to do what they have to do, for private reasons. I hope he will return someday but if not, I wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I hope he will return someday but if not, I wish him well.
    Same here.

I am sorry to hear this as his reviews are what brought me to this site and inspired my olfactory edification.

You can check them out at Google's cached websites

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=dk

Here you go

EDIT: You can use Google's search engine and their cache to find the rest of his reviews, even though it is going to take a wee bit more labour, than what I put in to find these reviews.
    Last edited by NorstrÝm; 24th April 2012 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorstrÝm View Post
    You can check them out at Google's cached websites

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=dk

Here you go

EDIT: You can use Google's search engine and their cache to find the rest of his reviews, even though it is going to take a wee bit more labour, than what I put in to find these reviews.
    I was about to say this solution but then decided against it since it is his (off-scenter's) wish for his reviews not to be viewed again. Even if there is a technological loop in the system which allows us to do so.
    for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Aphid View Post
    I am sorry to hear this as his reviews are what brought me to this site and inspired my olfactory edification.
    Same. Easily one of the best reviewers.

Quote Originally Posted by RŁssel View Post
    Same. Easily one of the best reviewers.
    By far

Power Where You Need It

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I was about to say this solution but then decided against it since it is his (off-scenter's) wish for his reviews not to be viewed again.
    exactly!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I'm so sad about it, I loved his way of writing. I wish him all the best

Well I wish him well, and I guess only the tech saavy has access to read them. I tried the link, too much of a luddite to figure it out.

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

He'd pulled his reviews before but I think he's gone for good this time. His reviews will be missed but we gotta respect his wishes.

If he'd put them in a book, I'd buy the book.

He's a very good writer and great reviewer of 'fumes. I miss his work already.

Sad news, always good reviews.

Alfarom, you must stay!

Quote Originally Posted by firehorse View Post
    So would I.

I am dissapointed to hear that, i have been viewing basenotes for awhile, and his reviews were the most thorough and thought provocative, i learned a lot.. i acutally pm. when i first joined and thanked him for his reviews, he was very gracious and welcomed me aboard. that is a shame , i will miss his views..

Basenotes Plus

Last edited by Dernier_Cri; 5th May 2012 at 09:11 PM.

When I found a 'fume that I thought might be interesting, the first thing I'd do would be to read both Off-Scenter's & Foetidus's reviews. But with his reviews gone I feel like I'm walking in circles on just one leg...

Basenotes Junkie

Any idea why this has happened?

...as far as I know he writes reviews for http://www.peredepierre.com

Taken from this blog...

Perfume is Boring

After mild deliberations, I've decided that PereDePierre will now operate on a need-be basis only. That is, when something is worth writing about. For the few that visit here regularly, I'm sure you saw this coming, but allow me to explain.

The perfume blogging world has been bitching about the endless number of mainstream releases for some time now, and the niche world has caught up quickly to do the same thing. My beef isn't with the number of releases, or even of the overall quality, but of the loss of art. Something like Fracas wasn't impressive upon its release because it was beautiful, it was impressive because it was weird and new. The last time I smelled something "new" was 2006's peculiar chocolate-floral, Missoni. Yes, Chanel and the like have been producing lovely, wearable things since then, but are they worth writing about? They're nice...I love wearing them as much as the next person, but I don't see the need to describe every note in detail any longer. There are plenty of other sites out there to do just that.

So my friends, I ask that you add PdP to your blog feed, so that when (and if) something sparks a fire in my heart, I will be fortunate enough to have an audience to hear about it, but I wouldn't bother visiting on a daily basis expecting the same-old. Naturally, the archive of mine, Thomas, Andrew, Mark, and the various guests contributors' reviews and whatnot will remain for reference.

To the perfumers reading (and I know you are)...take a chance. We know you have it in you.

Dane