Profumums....
    Currently wearing: Gilda by Pierre Wulff

Default Re: April 2012 Blind Sniff: Cure for Cold

Got to take a child to a class aaaaah

black pepper .

I've sent a guess and funnily enough I had ruled it out earlier if it's right.

mumsy, I am not sure that you are using all the notes search options. Did you see that post that the notes are NOT from BN?

I'm sure I'm right.... I've just looked it up

Fragranticas note search wasn't working on my apple mac or on my ipad thing.

mumsy makes a correct guess. congratulations!

the same thing has happened to me in the last blind sniff with parfum d'hermes. I probably didn't get as much correct notes as you either. very well done.

good job, mumsy.

It was on a plate at the end with a silver spoon sticking out. I certainly didn't analyze the smell very well. I had ruled out some notes that were there. I'd better not say yet had I?

Well done, Mumsy!

RingER and Mumsy, you can proceed to the vial B at your leisure, but don't post anything yet.

It would be great if you could use this as a guide, especially for people watching

Sweetness .... ?
    Concentration .... ?
    Niche/designer/mass market .... ?
    Thin or rich .... ?
    Linear or changing .... ?
    Masculine or feminine .... ? ( 0 being most masculine 10 being most feminine, what would you grade ? )
    New or old .... ?
    What do you like about it? ...
    What don't you like about it? ...
    Some notes that stick out most ...
    A small review if you please?

Ok, sending guess for A to Sarispatates!
    www.aafke-art.com

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

going to spritz sample B now!
    www.aafke-art.com

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ooooh, nice! fresh citrussy topnotes.
    So let me guess a note, bergamot?
    www.aafke-art.com

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Masculine/feminine 4 I think.
    Am I the only one here now? I'll pipe down a bit if I am.
    www.aafke-art.com

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

I like the idea of the Masculine/femine rating, good idea Sarispatates!
    www.aafke-art.com

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Oooh, there's a note coming up which reminds me very much of something in a herb garden, but I can't lay my finger on it
    www.aafke-art.com

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

yes, it's lavender, but fresh, the fresh leaves crushed between your fingers!
    www.aafke-art.com

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Yep, frou frou has also correctly guessed the first fragrance, which is

Piper Nigrum
    Lorenzo Villoresi

Recalling the Orient and the Arabian markets facing the Mediterranean sea. Aromatic, black pepper in an erotic play with the stimulative scent of nutmeg. The aroma of wild marjoram from Sicily leads to a soft, warm base of ambergris, styrax and myrrh. A hint of red pepper spices this imposing composition.
    Note List:

Topnote: Dill, Anise, Fennel, Peppermint, Citric Notes

Heartnote: Black Pepper, Oregano, Nutmeg, Elemi, Frankincense, Petitgrain, Carnation Leaves, Rosemary

Basenote: Ambergris, Storax, Benzoin, Balsam of Peru, Myrrh, Atlas Cedarwood, Woods
    See mumsy, you even got the inspiration point right. Cut yourself some slack already
    I happen to love this fragrance by the way. The incredible detail and note separation continues to impress me, especially considering how complex the fragrance is.

Good job everyone, on to the vial B!

Well.... ''guessed'''.... It was spelled out really!
    And I still got only some serious cloves, layerd with cloves. Topnotes: cloves, Middlenotes: cloves, and basenotes: Cloves.
    Must be something with my skin!

About Dutch winter stews, I wanted to explain but was whisked off, lots of Dutch winterfood is laced with cloves, nutmeg, etc. or meat, rolled up, with lots of pepper and cloves, tied up and then roasted.
    www.aafke-art.com

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sample B is becoming very soapy.

I would guess a mass market masculine.
    just a guess you know? Só embarrassing when this turns out to be the penultimate, $200 per 1 oz, niche fragrance....
    www.aafke-art.com

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sample B is becoming very soapy.

I would guess a mass market masculine.
    just a guess you know? Só embarrassing when this turns out to be the penultimate, $200 per 1 oz, niche fragrance....
    www.aafke-art.com

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

OOOh you're off again, so I've scrubbed up and got a tiny pot of coffee this time. I got a headache from over sniffing the last one.

I shall try and relax and think of nothing this time. I had very preconceived ideas that I found difficult to let go of before. It prevented me from smelling what was really there.

Ok... On paper first this time

Double post monster again
    Last edited by mumsy; 27th April 2012 at 07:30 AM.

Lavender
    A soft talcum note like powdery roses
    Violets maybe
    I would say an old fashioned accord
    Maybe a trace of polite musk

Something sour and sharp coming in like wee or aspirin

It's like an old ladies talc

I'm going on skin now....

Sharp entrance to a floral.

Clean laundry of a floral nature but chemical floral
    Last edited by mumsy; 26th April 2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: As I go along

I am working till 9 central time now and can not access basenotes except thru my phone which is too laborious to type on. will post my impressions tonite

Powdery with a sharp floral, like a lavender, or violet with a spicy or lemony twang.

Aspirin note more pronounced on skin. It smells like meadowsweet, or maybe hyacinth.

The smell is thin and powdery with no depth.