Code of Conduct

Thread: Update Apr 2012

Default Update Apr 2012

Firstly, my apologies for the downtime of late. My host spent last night fixing up the website, and Im currently carrying out some maintenance tasks to stop this from happening so often.

I have had to rewrite some code, which made caches of a lot of pages to attempt to stop the databases coming under so much pressure, but my host has advised that they can do this another way. The build up of many cached files, may be part of the crashing problem, so Im removing these to try and see if that is what is causing it.

Long term, were partnering with a company who will look after the tech side of things. They have been working on it since last year, but they need to build a lot of extra things to make the way Basenotes works fit in with their software. They are looking at being ready sometime in the summer, but it will obviously need some testing before it goes live.

In the meantime, I hope that the work my hosts and I have done this weekend will hold the crashes at bay until then.

Default Re: Update Apr 2012

Oh, and I'm going to bed now. Try not to break it while I'm gone

Thank you so much Grant. It's working fine for me. For now....haha

Thank you immensely.

Thanks for the hard work and the update Grant, both are very much appreciated!

Thats good to hear. Thank you.

for swap/sale:

Blog Entries

Thanks Grant, hope you slept well!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Many thanks for all your efforts, Grant - much appreciated.

Thanks Grant!!
    Well, I am not too sure about the 'don't break it while I am asleep' part. It's acting up again or still. Server too busy, posts not showing and finally I have my SotD thread posted three times. Well, I leave the cleaning up behind me to you, resp. the mods.

Well done Grant. Your hard work is much appreciated.

This is an excellent site, full of advice, opinions, expertise, etc etc, and all for free. So what if there are one or two hiccups??

Ignore the whingeing moaners (some of whom were on facebook yesterday). They wouldn't know a good thing if it jumped up and smacked them in the face!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    Well done Grant. Your hard work is much appreciated.

This is an excellent site, full of advice, opinions, expertise, etc etc, and all for free. So what if there are one or two hiccups??

Ignore the whingeing moaners (some of whom were on facebook yesterday). They wouldn't know a good thing if it jumped up and smacked them in the face!
    So true ... "they would not know a good thing ..." Complaints in other groups all over the field, taking BN for granted and just to serve them. Let's not forget that many members here are NOT supporting members and have the convenience and the pleasure of the site for FREE.

I repeat what was suggested before - to start an extra collection of funds - now - for the unique purpose of fixing up BN. Set up an account and tell me where to send the money. I suggest a one-time contribution of whoever wants to make it of not more than $10.00 a member.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    True enough.