Code of Conduct

Default Authentic Armani Code?

I picked this up off of a seller on eBay (this time she was just your average seller, not a fragrance dealer). She mentioned it was purchase from amazon directly and not an amazon merchant. The problem is, I've never seen a bottle of Code that looks like this (dark blue cap, nozzle that protrudes, and the gold rim). Yesterday on my skin it smelled like alcohol then dried down a weak version of what code smells like. On paper it smells like code. Just sprayed it this morning and it smells better but weaker than what I remember. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353090690.017375.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353090728.999343.jpg

Default Re: Authentic Armani Code?

Yeah the sticker looks similar to that on the base of my bottle, but that nozzle is questionable as hell.

The cynic in me suggests that it's possible someone got a real bottle, removed the original sprayer and filled it with weakened/counterfeit juice, and upon realising they couldn't get the original nozzle (which should be 2-piece seamless black plastic) back on, attached a generic nozzle.

Some of the other boys might be able to shed more light on it, but were there pics of the nozzle in the eBay listing, or did you not see under the cap until you opened it?
    Last edited by timdoeswell; 16th November 2012 at 06:14 PM. Reason: replaced 'cap' with 'nozzle' (in italics) to be more accurate

If you're not happy with it, hopefully you can return it for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Yeah the sticker looks similar to that on the base of my bottle, but that cap is questionable as hell.

The cynic in me suggests that it's possible someone got a real bottle, removed the original sprayer and filled it with weakened/counterfeit juice, and upon realising they couldn't get the original nozzle (which should be 2-piece seamless black plastic) back on, attached a generic nozzle.

Some of the other boys might be able to shed more light on it, but were there pics of the nozzle in the eBay listing, or did you not see under the cap until you opened it?
    That is what I'm thinking as well. No images were posted of the nozzle, only the bottle, which looked legitimate at first sight.

The rest of the bottle definitely looks legit, but that sprayer is way off.
    Personally I'd get my $ back, but wait to see what the others have to say.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey

I am new here, but I am a HUGE fan of Armani Code so I'll try to help you.
    There are many factors that should be pointed out (not necessarily in this order)

1- I've never seen this kind of nozzle/gold rim
    2- Did it come with a box? Check if the batch# from the box matches the one under the bottle.
    3- By checking the batch code it seems like this bottle belongs to a 29 of May, 2006 batch. Either this bottle was reused or it is indeed a very old batch.
    4- What @timdoeswell said on his first post makes sense
    5- There's been a time when people started receiving fake Armani Codes from Amazon. (Not sure if directly)

Btw: I have a 125ml bottle right here if you want some photos or anything

Thanks everyone! Yeah, the seller agreed to issue a refund should I return the bottle, which is what I intend on doing. I'll pick up a tester for a few dollars more.
    Thanks a ton Woody, the pictures are appreciated but I don't want to bother you for them . I just ran down to macy's and confirmed that none of the code bottles look like this.
    Thank you as well Tim!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry, I'd already taken the pictures for another forum
    I've always loved this bottle. How it starts greenish, then blue, then purple... It's slim, it's beautiful

Yup, this one is definitely a fake.
    Thanks so much Woodsy!