Code of Conduct

Default Hardest decision ever... Which to get first Allure Homme Edition Blanche or Platinum Egoiste?

18 year old male. Love both scents. I can see myself wearing EB and it would suit me but PE just smells so freaking good after it dries down. So I'm about to get another Chanel fragrance, I have Bleu de Chanel (amazing stuff!!!) and I have EB or PE in mind. I notice that PE lasts much longer on my skin, after 7 hours from testing I could still smell it! But EB smells pleasant to me as well (drawback is that the scent started to fade away after 4 hours).

I can always get either one next month but right now is the issue between EB and PE. I'm about to reach a party next week and I want to smell extra fly for the ladies (also without longevity being an issue). Both smell ALLURING. Don't tell me to get an atomizer because I just purchased one recently for Bleu since it doesn't stick long and I use it aprťs gym.

Btw, is it true that EB may be soon discontinued?

Default Re: Hardest decision ever... Which to get first Allure Homme Edition Blanche or Platinum Egoiste?

To make it easy for you, don't get any of the two. Save your money and get something better.

Default Re: Hardest decision ever... Which to get first Allure Homme Edition Blanche or Platinum Egoiste?

Considering your age and what others your age would probably like best between those two, I'd go with the Platinum Egoiste. But go easy with it....it can be overpowering and cloying if you use too much. If you want it to last forever, spray a bit on your shirt.

Blanche. The drydown is very nice. I receive compliments on it regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Considering your age and what others your age would probably like best between those two, I'd go with the Platinum Egoiste.
    if this is the basis then I disagree with your choice. EB would be more appreciated in his age range.

Were I to chose, I would pick Allure Blanche

Platinum Egoiste just because it is less similiar to Bleu De Chanel than Edition Blanche.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

I absolutely adore both. Both get me a crazy amount of compliments. Im going to go with Platinum Egoiste. No, Im going go with Edition Blanche..acting PE...fuck it. Flip a coin

PE only because I like it better.

for swap/sale:

Platinum Egoiste

Edition Blanche, no competition..

Platinum Egoiste +x
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day"..... I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Fall: | Gucci PH | Cacharel Nemo |
    YSL M7 | LAP L'Eau du Navigateur | Guerlain Heritage | YSL M7 OA | T.Mugler Pure Havane | Terre d'Hermes | Armani Attitude | T.Mugler B*Men | Lancome Miracle Homme | T.Mugler Pure Wood |

Swipe the Platinum from Platinum …goÔste, and you are set for an olfactory orgasm

Given the fact that Edition Blanche is apparently getting disco'ed, you might want to grab that or a bottle of Chanel …goÔste
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

PE: it will last all day and just 2 sprays will do, so it will take a long time before you finish your bottle.

PE is much better, imo

Quote Originally Posted by aquariuz View Post
    PE is much better, imo
    This!

Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Double Post
    Last edited by hednic; 23rd April 2012 at 12:48 PM.

Just bought Bleu and PE yesterday after sniffing the whole chanel counter!
    Well EB is actually a very nice scent but it just reminds me of lemon pledge lol.

I have both but i first got Edition Blanche. Yummy cream lemon frag that attracts compliments.

Blanche!

Platinum Egoiste as Edition Blanche is way too weak (it lasts long but noone can smell)

Platinum Egoiste is a better smelling frag than 95% of the designer stuff out there. Huge compliment getter and a versatility king. Being a masculine Samsara, it had to be a winner though. Highly underated on BN, as most of the best frags are.

Edition Blanche

Blanche for my taste.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

No contest; Edition Blanche all the way.

NOT the Blanche, too lemony!
    "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." -Mark Twain

Definitely PE for me. Edition Blanche is just way too creamy for my tastes. For lemon from Chanel, I like Allure Homme Sport Cologne much more than EB (much fresher and cleaner with less of the sickly cream/milky note).
    But from your two choices, I like PE. (super fresh, glistening, metallic smell that's awesome. I tend to like floral musks anyway, & this one is great).

Edition Blanche, the lemon cream smell is truly alluring.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    .... I have EB or PE in mind. I notice that PE lasts much longer on my skin, after 7 hours from testing I could still smell it! But EB smells pleasant to me as well (drawback is that the scent started to fade away after 4 hours).
    you answered the question yourself ^^^^^^^^ Platinum Egoiste ...

PE is winner hands down in my book. Versatility is great. I found Blanche to be a one trick pony and that one trick was overwhelming creamy lemons..in a bad way.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Edition blanche, its one of the very few good chanel frags out there IMO.....

Dependent

My vote goes to PE! Blanche is "bleh" quality to me.
    "The most beautiful sea hasnít been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasnít grown up yet. The most beautiful days we havenít seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I havenít said yetÖ"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

Dependent

"The most beautiful sea hasnít been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasnít grown up yet. The most beautiful days we havenít seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I havenít said yetÖ"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

Dependent

-Nazim Hikmet Ran

Neither, get Bleu De Chanel!

From those two edition blanche

I would go with Platinum, Blanche got boring on me pretty quick.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

I echo what Neil said ^

PE is a much better fragrance

Blanche is more of a casual fragrance. Love the opening, but the dry down is very blah. I like Antidote more than Platinum Egoiste which I think is very over rated.

Blanche although PE is amazing as well.

IT'S SO HARD TO CHOOSE! :'( THEY'RE BOTH AWESOME!! I think I might reach for PE... or EB... Or flip a coin, heads = PE and tails = EB.

I'd say go with PE. Its far superior imo.

Platinum Egoiste it is. I changed my mind about Edition Blanche. I'll get that next time. I'm concerned about longevity so PE it is. I don't care if it is a scent for a grown man (I'm 18 but I don't really care because I love the dry down it smells lovely), I will wear it if I want to!

Edition Blanche... Mmm Next time you're in my collection! PE it is for me! I hope I don't regret this decision for a while...

Banned

Edition Blanche.

Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Excellent choice. At 18 you will find PE a great clubbing frag if you're into that. Girls certainly love the smell!

Allure is ok but smells remarkably similar to furniture polish (lemon Pledge)

On another note I was fortunate to find another 3.4 oz bottle of Edition ______! I was a foon for parting with my first bottle of it. Stock is dwindling everywhere! I really think prices will skyrocket in the near future...think about it, Chanel has never discontinued any of their current releases, this one also had a huge following! Just look at the review section.

Lemon Blanche.

Quote Originally Posted by EarNoseThroat View Post
    On another note I was fortunate to find another 3.4 oz bottle of Edition ______! I was a foon for parting with my first bottle of it. Stock is dwindling everywhere! I really think prices will skyrocket in the near future...think about it, Chanel has never discontinued any of their current releases, this one also had a huge following! Just look at the review section.
    With respect, one should never, ever trust the review section. As with any product from fridges, cars, electronic goods etc, viral marketing is rife. Extremely naive to think otherwise. Very easy and cheap to promote products online with shills. Not Basenotes fault, of course.

Having said that, Allure is nice enough but certainly not one of Chanels best imo.

Quote Originally Posted by EarNoseThroat View Post
    It's not being discontinued it's just being pulled from stores and will only be sold on their website and Chanel boutiques.

Edition Blanche would gettign boring after a while. Platinum Egoiste has much more character and it smells terrific.