Code of Conduct

Question Looking for Best Cucumber and Best Tomato / Tomato Leaf and Fresh Grass Fragrances......?

I have already tried Eau de Champagne from Sisley...... and the Marc Jacobs Cologne...... (that is supposed to resemble cucumber), so I would prefer to hear about others on offer.
    I´m looking for fragrances that really capture the fresh essences of these plants/vegetables.
    Thanks for your advice.

Default Re: Looking for Best Cucumber and Best Tomato / Tomato Leaf and Fresh Grass Fragrances......?

From the designer range, I can think of Lacoste Essesntial which has a tomato leaf vibe. Carolina Herrera 212 also has a fresh cut grass opening.

Default Re: Looking for Best Cucumber and Best Tomato / Tomato Leaf and Fresh Grass Fragrances......?

Annick Goutal has a fragrance that fits your requirements. Do a search (can't remember the name).

Tomato Leaves

JOOP! What about Adam - as you have already tried Eau de Campagne- Unfortunately it is going to be difficult to find it, as it is discontinued

Last edited by Bonoanimoes; 24th April 2012 at 04:59 PM.

CK One Shock for cucumber...I definitely detect it in the opening.

Wall Street by Bond No. 9 has a strong cucumber note.

Un Jardin sur le Nil, smells like the whole garden.

Bath and Body Works' Cucumber Melon... just kidding

I enjoy Premier Figuier for its grassy opening, but your MJ is in the same vein. A lot of people here prefer Phylosykos over the PF, both are fig leaf based scents.

Do yourself a favor - smell Memory of Kindness by CB I Hate Perfume. It's tomato leaf in a bottle.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    Do yourself a favor - smell Memory of Kindness by CB I Hate Perfume. It's tomato leaf in a bottle.
    I totally agree-- in fact, that was what the perfumer intended it to smell like, reminiscing when he was a young boy playing in his aunt's garden, I believe.

You must also try Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau which smells strongly of tomato leaf/stem (even though the notes are Bulgarian rose and blackcurrant leaf, the effect is one of tomato leaf.) I prefer the Diptyque over the CBIHP as to me it is a more finished scent.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 26th April 2012 at 10:56 AM. Reason: tags

2nd best Tomato leaf scent behind Sisley's Eau De Campagne, is L'Artisan's unheralded Parfum De Fueilles.

It's minty, garden-y, full of fresh cut grass and a clear image of a fresh growing herb and tomato garden

The stars are:

Leafy Mint
    Fresh Cut Grass
    Tomato Leaf
    Torn Basil Leaf
    Galbanum
    White musk

What about Un Jardin après la Mousson by Hermès?
    Has lots of green, I think tomato leaf is in any of Ellenas gardens. + it has a significant melon note - which imo ressembles cucumbers.

Tomato leaf + fresh grass = Huitieme Art Aube Pashmina

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Sorry, forgot to mention earlier: Chanel's Cristalle edp is cut grass to me.

Cucumber Melon by Bath and Body Works

A cheapie for tomato leaves is Claiborne Sport by Liz Claiborne. Also, for fresh grass and a really great overall "green" vibe, check out Calvin Klein's Truth for men. I think it's discontinued now, but can still be found online.

The best tomato leaf I've come across is l'uomo by Trussardi. A strong fragrance the opening is balsamic and the tomato leaf stays right through. This is a very different animal to Uomo by Trussardi.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

I second the What About Adam by Joop! As for cucumber, I have no clue except for Izod but I can't think of anything with both.

I also second What About Adam and Eau de Campagne

Maybe Demeter Tomato and Demeter Grass? These are not the projection killers and quite hard to get in Europe, but worth giving a shot and can as well be used as room sprays.

Quote Originally Posted by DieNase View Post
    What about Un Jardin après la Mousson by Hermès?
    Has lots of green, I think tomato leaf is in any of Ellenas gardens. + it has a significant melon note - which imo ressembles cucumbers.
    This is a good suggestion - and the reason cucumber and melon are so close is that, both in nature and in perfumery, the key chemical you are smelling is the same (trans-2-cis-6-nonadienal) which is detectable by humans at incredibly low concentrations. It’s in quite a few vegetable scents and also, interestingly enough, in violet and some other flower scents.

I have a couple of cucumber-based scents in my range as it’s one of my favourites (though neither is on the website yet) one is Sativus - named from Cucumis sativus - it’s my interpretation of the scent of the fresh-cut vegetable - prices on that are the same as my Fruit Wood. The other is Hendricks - designed to recall the scent of a fresh Martini, made with a certain unusual gin and garnished with a slice of fresh cucumber. Pricing is the same as my Gin & Lime range. Drop me a mail if you’d like a sample.

On tomato leaf I don’t think you can beat the CB Memory of Kindness, so I have not tried.
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation I’m happy to quote: if you want free advice, that’s what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

What About Adam? - makes me feel like I'm out among the tomatoes in the vegetable garden. The scent is slightly lacking though, as it requires a few insecticide notes to make the experience complete.

I can't really distinguish the tomato leaf note in Halston Unbound.

Even though there is no cucumber note listed for Issey Blue, my wife is adamant that I smell like cucumbers (or cucumber salad) whenever I wear it.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 26th April 2012 at 06:42 PM.

The new Aedas de Venustas has a strong tomato leaves accord.
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

Default RE: Looking for Best Cucumber and Best Tomato / Tomato Leaf and Fresh Grass Fragrances......?

Quote Originally Posted by odioustoilet View Post
    I second the What About Adam by Joop! As for cucumber, I have no clue except for Izod but I can't think of anything with both.
    tH/S|
    :. :. : .
    Last edited by EarNoseThroat; 26th April 2012 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by koala501 View Post
    The best tomato leaf I've come across is l'uomo by Trussardi. A strong fragrance the opening is balsamic and the tomato leaf stays right through. This is a very different animal to Uomo by Trussardi.
    Totally agree here. I would add CK Truth for that fresh grass/cucumber vibe.
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day". I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Spring: | Chanel Allure Blanche | Guerlain Homme Intense |
    Dior Fahrenheit | Givenchy pour Homme | Carolina Herrera for Men | Narciso Rodriguez Him | T. Mugler A*Men Sunessence | Trussardi Inside | C. Herrera Chic | Azzaro PH | M. Kors Michael for Men | Pal Zileri Sartoriale |

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    This is exactly what you are looking for. Tomato leaf & Cucumber. It's uncanny.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

+3 on Unbound.

theres one more that i liekd very much..but my memory fails me..

For cucumber, I think Polo Blue is really a standout. For a garden vegatable vibe, Hermes Eau deo Gentiane Blance might be the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    2nd best Tomato leaf scent behind Sisley's Eau De Campagne, is L'Artisan's unheralded Parfum De Fueilles.

It's minty, garden-y, full of fresh cut grass and a clear image of a fresh growing herb and tomato garden

The stars are:

Leafy Mint
    Fresh Cut Grass
    Tomato Leaf
    Torn Basil Leaf
    Galbanum
    White musk
    Does Parfum de feuilles smell anything like L'eau de l'artisan since most room sprays are a pendant to one of their parfums? Also Métaboles by Ys Uzac has a tomato leaf note, with the slightest touch of black pepper, mint and licorice the effect is quite longlasting. D'orsay has a room spray and a candle called Feuilles de tomate.

Ô de Lancôme.

L'Eau de L'Artisan

I tried Eau D'Italie by Eau d'Italie the other day and couln't get Sisley's Eau De Campagne out of my mind. As for actual tomato and cucmber I'm not sure, but a great deal of the vegetable patch is there, as it is with Jardin du Poet, which I think I prefer (or is it the name I prefer?)

Quote Originally Posted by sin_is_in View Post
    Does Parfum de feuilles smell anything like L'eau de l'artisan since most room sprays are a pendant to one of their parfums? Also Métaboles by Ys Uzac has a tomato leaf note, with the slightest touch of black pepper, mint and licorice the effect is quite longlasting. D'orsay has a room spray and a candle called Feuilles de tomate.
    L'Eau De L'Artisan is similar, but more soft/powdery, with a touch of "Fruit smoothie". Parfum De Feuilles is much more zesty and grassy. A clear cut mint, tomato leaf, basil, and fresh cut grass and galbanum scent.

Tomato leaf blood concept a
    Cucumber wall st bond no. 9
    My current obsessions for now
    Oud Wood , Noir de Noir , DHI , Mugler Cologne , Bond No.9 Bleeker St. ,
    Ramone Monegal Agar Musk & Umbra , Chanel Coromondel ,

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    L'Eau De L'Artisan is similar, but more soft/powdery, with a touch of "Fruit smoothie". Parfum De Feuilles is much more zesty and grassy. A clear cut mint, tomato leaf, basil, and fresh cut grass and galbanum scent.
    Does it have the same hay note... that's what bothers me about the edt.

For tomato leaf its BloodConcept. Its a bit too strong but its very realistic.
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

My recommendations:

Aedes de Venustas EdP by Aedes de Venustas (Perfumer: Bertrand Douchafour)
    Notes include: Rhubarb, vetiver, red berries, tomato leaf, incense, green apple, hazelnut, honeysuckle

A EdP by BLOOD Concept
    Notes include: Green garden accord, tomato leaves, basil, star anise, metallic notes

I just tried a very realistic tomato leaves scent a few days ago but I can't remember what it was called.

You have to be in the right mood to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    You must also try Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau which smells strongly of tomato leaf/stem.
    Right!!
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2