Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Cool Have you tried MPG- Cuir Fetiche?

I just sent away for a sample. Here are the notes;
    Cuir Fetiche Notes
    Mandarin, bergamot, lemon, geranium, leather accord, ylang-ylang, jasmine, rose, iris, vanilla, musk, ambergris, patchouli, cedar wood, sandalwood

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...5FFetiche.html
    Sounds good to me but I'm dying to know if anyone else has tried it. Anyone?

I'll post my findings.

Default Re: Have you tried MPG- Cuir Fetiche?

Yes, I have a sample. It was sent to me as a substitute for Cuir Mauresque, which I had asked for, but it's nothing like. If you're expecting a 'raunchy' leather with a rough edge (particularly given the name!) then this will disappoint. It's a very well-mannered leather floral. It's in the same sort of category as Cuir Lancome, Daim Blond and Bottega Veneta as far as I'm concerned. I like it, but for me Daim Blond is still the best one in this territory.

Well I agree and disagree with devilcat. I think the leather note is done very right, whereas I find some devilcat mentioned as alternatives are no leathers. I do like the top and heart of Cuir Fetiche (little projection). It does lie somewhere between a much softened Knize Ten and, slightly, Cuir de Russie (Parfum) for me. However, I found the base so generic and bland - sweetish, patchouli - that it actually could upset me thinking further about the parfumeur's motivation and idea. In the end, I am not buying it.

Yes, I have it. It's softer than most Cuir perfumes, but the slightly bitter leather note definitely is there. For me, the base is a really pretty amber. Be interested to hear what you think.

Sniffing it again.
    Still too polite for my tastes and actually, still find something in it quite disagreable ( can't put my finger on exactly what it is though).

Edit. It's the mandarin I dislike.
    Last edited by gandhajala; 24th April 2012 at 07:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Interesting. I usually like manderin. In fact I like all the notes listed so maybe this will work for me. I am sort of hoping for something Madame Jolie-like I suppose. Or is it Miss Jolie? I can never remember which one is leathery.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Interesting. I usually like manderin. In fact I like all the notes listed so maybe this will work for me. I am sort of hoping for something Madame Jolie-like I suppose. Or is it Miss Jolie? I can never remember which one is leathery.
    Jolie Madame is leathery-violet. Cuir Fetiche is a bit more polite.

Sur la Plage

Meh - Didn't really do anything for me.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Jolie Madame vintage is a butch leather, a Bandit hidden behind the frilly violet (in fact, I think both are Cellier's work). I haven't smelled cuir fetiche, but it doesn't sound like it. Incidentally, I recently came across vintage Visa (also credited to Cellier, but incorrectly, I believe), and that's also a very butch leather behind the fruits, with tons of animalics thrown in.

cacio

Blog Entries

Thank you all for weighing in. I hope to have my sample for the leather-synch tomorrow.

I'm really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this one, Kumquat.
    You have a wonderful way of describing perfumes.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the vote of confidence Mr. G. I'll try my best!

I'm wearing this for leather synch day. It starts out leathery and somewhat floral-powdery with the ylang-ylang jumping forward. The initial leather wears off after a bit and the ylang-ylang really hangs on. I think that may be the note you dis-liked. I don't think it is the mandarine. It definitely has a powdery accord. Maybe not suitable if you prefer a more butch leather approach. This is the opposite of Mona di Orio's, Les Nombres d'Or - Cuir, ​for instance.

flower whip- kinky, no?
    Last edited by kumquat; 27th April 2012 at 05:21 PM.

Thanks for sharing your impression, Kumquat. I revisited what's left of my sample last night after reading your post.
    The ylang-ylang is actually OK by me. I seem to have an aversion to citrus + leather however, which is why, despite being a big fan of leather perfumes, I've never gotten along with Knize 10. Maybe I'm fixating on the mandarin when it is really the general citrus component I object to. Once the heart notes come through, I enjoy the perfume more.

Re: Flower whip - yes!

Nice fragrance (at least much better than the latest releases form this formerly OUSTANDING house) but unfortunately it adds nothing new to the table...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I actually own this and I like it. I agree that it is not very challenging, but I do not agree that it is citrusy, at least not to me: after a few minutes, the citrus (lemon and some orange?) disappear and the amber starts smoldering with lots of ylang ylang. In matters of sillage, I actually get a quite some projection. Sure it's not a projection monster, but it's definitely no skin scent on me. After a few hours of applying two sprays, I had a meeting and the girl sitting next to me would not stop smelling me (discreetly, or so she though lol). I think Cuir Fetiche is actually a good choice for an every-day, uncompromising scent (although I would never wear it at night: I have other beasts for that job teheh).

I have a sample and do enjoy it. Well made not in your face leather as has been said. Its not FB for me.

Oh and yes in a fight Jolie Madame would kick its ass!! LOL
    DONNA

I was hoping for a balance of florals and leather but got more florals. I will stick to my Cuir de Lancome. Much cheaper, anyway. I can live without the corset bottle.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Is anyone wearing MPG Ciur Fetiche? Got a sample quite awhile ago and I tried a bit on yesterday.

It's a softened Ciur de Russie; for me, that's a good thing! Somehow the - is it "birch tar"?- effect is so harsh with my chemistry. Literally it's the only thing I can smell in CdR - I get no other notes!

So far, I'm enjoying this soft floral leather! Jolie Madame is in my collection (pre-formulated) and, frankly, it makes a very strong statement by today's standards. Thankfully, I don't get too much citrus with CF, which is a slight criticism I have with Kelly Caleche parfum top notes. Also, I don't get that excruciating sweetness of Daim Blonde with CF. I'm going to give it a few more wearings this week. It would be nice to find an MPG to enjoy - perhaps this is the one!

Anyone else enjoying Cuir Fetiche on a regular basis? How does it compare to other leathers for you? Thanks!

A rather gentle leather that is quite nice, but lacks edge. I like the kinky bottle though.

I do wear it, and find it a very safe-for-work fragrance. It's not really what I'd go to if I'm in the mood for leather, though. It's more of a warm, floral-spicy amber to me. With a little bitter edge.

Agree - quite docile in the drydown!