Code of Conduct

Default Best cologne for me

Hi guys I'm new here . Ill be going to Vegas may 4th and I wana get into unique colognes. Currently I have jpg le male and I like it but hate the longivity and before that I used paco rabanne for 2 weeks and it was making my eyes watery so I stopped using it. Someone told me brands like nasomotto or blood concept is much better colognes than you buy from drug stores but problem is I don't know where to find it to smell them. Can you guys recommend me cologne that the scent blows you away lol . Budget 150-200$

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Default Best cologne

Hi guys I'm new here . Ill be going to Vegas may 4th and I wana get into unique colognes. Currently I have jpg le male and I like it but hate the longivity and before that I used paco rabanne for 2 weeks and it was making my eyes watery so I stopped using it. Someone told me brands like nasomotto or blood concept is much better colognes than you buy from drug stores but problem is I don't know where to find it to smell them. Can you guys recommend me cologne that the scent blows you away lol . Budget 150-200$

Default Re: Best cologne

tbh, from le male to nasomatto No plz.
    i wouldnt jump straight into niche if i were you and it also depends on what purpose your getting it for,
    niche wont work for the girls most of the time, it might work for ladies/woman so also keep in check with your age group.
    if u insist on going niche i think Creeds Green irish tweed or aventus might do it for you
    also take a look at acqua di parma's Mandorlo di sicilia thats somewhere in my wishlist for summer atm and isnt that expensive
    goodluck

I just noticed so many people talking about creed ? Where do I find it or smell it? And what niche? Sorry I'm newbie. Is creed high end or drug store brand?
    By drug store brand I mean that you can find easily in Macy's or target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xqizit View Post
    tbh, from le male to nasomatto No plz.
    i wouldnt jump straight into niche if i were you and it also depends on what purpose your getting it for,
    niche wont work for the girls most of the time, it might work for ladies/woman so also keep in check with your age group.
    if u insist on going niche i think Creeds Green irish tweed or aventus might do it for you

Niche is often perceived as fragrances that are harder to get and you wouldnt find them in your local drugstores and theyr usually from brands that strictly produce fragrances, and they rape your wallet
    creed is high end altho some beg to differ lol i think theres so much talk about them is because they have a bunch of fragrances that arent overly challenging and quite universally appealing
    creed has a couple of fragrances that resemble some designer scents but is noticeably higher quality in ingredients and less synthethic smelling
    uhh, you can google it and try theperfumedcourt for samples

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by mustafa604 View Post

Barney's at the Shoppes at the Palazzo is a great place to check out. They have a great selection of scents there and some great service. Portrait of a Lady by Frederic Malle is a bit over your budget at $220 for a 50ml, but I recommend sniffing it anyway while there as it is an incredible dirty rose and patchouli combo scent held together by an amazing raspberry supporting note. It became my favorite scent in short order after I smelled it there a couple months back. Une Fleur de Cassie is also well worth a sniff as well as Angeliques sous la Pluie (both also by Malle and within your budget). Quite frankly most of the Malle line is worth a sniff if you have the time.

Also at Barney's the Acqua di Parma range is available and well worth trying as they are all easily within your budget. Colonia, Assoluta and Essenza all are superb. There are many others at Barneys at price ranges high and low. This is just a small sampling... BTW: They do have the Nasomatto line including Black Afgano. I did not care much for them, but your experience may vary and since you are there anyway...

Also at the Palazzo is the Dior Beauty Boutique. There you can sniff some of the exclusives like Leather Oud. All are within your budget at $150 a large bottle if I remember correctly.

Guerlain is right there too... Cologne du Parfumeur is well below your budget at about $98 and is an incredible edc. They have many others within and outside your budget that merit sniffing at least while there, IMO...

This is just a small sampling... So many choices in Vegas. Enjoy!
    Last edited by drseid; 17th April 2012 at 02:33 PM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Default Re: Best cologne for me

There are a plethora of fragrances to try in that budget. And Las Vegas has plenty to choose from too.

Elaborate on your taste.

for swap/sale:

Welcome!! If you're in Vancouver you can smell Creed and a bunch of other niche brands at Holt Renfrew.

I would advise you to get some 75 ml Chanel Les Exclusief - Sycamore

Perhaps pay a visit to the Perfume Shoppe in your city, Vancouver, and sample the varied offerings there to get an idea.

Don't get Nasomatto, not yet at least, you'll wonder why your bottle is so small. And the Blood Concepts are a little...odd, I dunno how that got thrown in. Honestly if you're dead set on spending money go with Creed's and sample Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, and Aventus. I don't know if Le Male lasted too long or not long enough for you...but I'm assuming not long enough, which is strange and if that's the case you might want to consider something besides Creed, except for maybe Aventus...

A few houses to consider, and I'm sure by searching around you can get more than enough info on them:
    Creed
    Chanel Les Exclusifs (sycomore mostly)
    Frederic Malle (Musc Ravageur)
    Tom Ford Private Blend (some long lasting ones here)
    Serge Lutens (Chergui)
    Bond No. 9 (careful, there are a lot of duds)
    Le Labo (Rose 31...a few others)

Hey man, welcome! I think you should just spend a little bit more time browsing these forums. You'll learn so much, and then when you take your trip you'll be in a much better position to appreciate and purchase a great fragrance or two.

Don't just blind buy something that a bunch of people on here like, but you've never tried. Most of the members here have experienced noses, where in your case it seems that you just started your journey. I would sample a bunch of frags, high end or not, to get a good understanding of what you like

Sample sample sample

Banned

Le Labo Santal 33 and Moss Breches.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    Sample sample sample
    Quote Originally Posted by icanzapyou View Post
    I think you should just spend a little bit more time browsing these forums. You'll learn so much, and then when you take your trip you'll be in a much better position to appreciate and purchase a great fragrance or two.
    wise advice ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Having bought lots of Niche recently, i recommend too you sample or join splits first.
    Coming from designer fragrances, I would be very careful with some of the niche recommendations as they are different from what you are used to. for example, Dior Leather Oud has a civet note that I haven't been exposed to earlier. Surge Lutten Amber Sultan is gorgeous however the amber note is very strong and not for everyone. Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille has a very pleasant pipe note but again that is not too common for untrained nose. There are some niches that are easier, like Tom Ford noir de noir. I would also consider Amouage EPIC and Memoire, not sure if those are sold vegas, last time i visited I focused on the other side of vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by kimo View Post
    Having bought lots of Niche recently, i recommend too you sample or join splits first.
    Coming from designer fragrances, I would be very careful with some of the niche recommendations as they are different from what you are used to. for example, Dior Leather Oud has a civet note that I haven't been exposed to earlier. Surge Lutten Amber Sultan is gorgeous however the amber note is very strong and not for everyone. Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille has a very pleasant pipe note but again that is not too common for untrained nose. There are some niches that are easier, like Tom Ford noir de noir. I would also consider Amouage EPIC and Memoire, not sure if those are sold vegas, last time i visited I focused on the other side of vegas.
    What's the other side of Vegas?