Code of Conduct

Default Antidote....Do You Guys Like This?

God, it smells like I took a bunch of scented Yankee Candles from different seasons, threw them all together in a box, tossed in some soap and....well, that's it.

This is my initial impression at least. Very "perfumey" in a soapy scented candle kind of way. Sort of mixed up and all over the place.

A weird one.

I'll give it a few more shots though, some say it grows on you.

Default Re: Antidote....Do You Guys Like This?

I didn't like this one much. It smells like quality but it's just too busy and all-at-once imo.
    To be honest, I only had it for about 2 hours before I decided to go wash it off

Personally like this one but like Spicebomb better.

It's one of my absolute favorites. Has one of the best jasmine sambac notes in a men's scent that I've ever come across. Lovely stuff!

I should add that I kind of think of this as a modernized take on Chanel Pour Monsieur, with hints of Gucci Envy in the mix too, although it is lighter and easier to wear/more versatile than Envy, imo.

This one requires careful application as it is very strong, has excellent projection and lasts a whole day or more on me.

Personally I like it a lot. I find it to be quite a distinguished fragrance. I haven't yet come across anything quite like it.

Blog Entries

Happy to have Antidote in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally like this one but like Spicebomb better.
    This, they do share a lot of similarities.

I'm actually torn between antidote and spicebomb. Just got my nose around SB and was pleasantly surprised, as a whole its a great scent, and i got good longevity from my sample. Both are niche quality to me

Here's a tip when applying Antidote. I keep the spray distance at around two feet and kind of "walk" into the spray. Keeps it from becoming cloying and makes the notes easier to pin point. Overall I really like Antidote and before the hype of Spicebomb, was very under rated.

I like it, but wouldn't put it in my top 20. There was (actually still is) someone selling 12 carded sample bottles of Antidote new in bulk packaging on ebay for less than $11. I bought them, and have tried it a few times. This one I still have to figure out, but it's definitely not bad, and may grow on me. But for the deal, definitely worth it. Worst case, every person I swap with for the next two months gets a free sample of Antidote.

Banned

Antidote by Viktor & Rolf - One is immediately treated to a fresh and cooling, citrus opening, furnished by the zesty grapefruit, nectarous mandarin and tart bergamot, with a twist of sharp mint. Tumbling to the flush middle, the sweet florals of fruity freesia, green geranium, earthy violet, light lavender and citrusy orange bloosom are nicely encased by the warm and pleasant spices of nutmeg and cinnamon. This lovely, strong heart meanders to the robust base. Here, a pastiche of evocative leather, lively incense, creamy amber, sweet vanilla, murky vetiver, resinous labdanum, clean treemoss, smoky guaiacwood, carroty iris, dry white cedar, bright sandalwood, powdery tonka beans, herbaceous patchouli and soapy white musk bombard you with scents you have experienced a thousand times before. Remarkably, this motley assault leads to an entertaining and intriguing drydown. This high-quality enterprise is very versatile in light of its kaleidoscopic heads, and can be worn any time and any season. A one-stop wonder, this amalgamated composition has excellent longevity and good projection.

Sound Scents

In a word, "no." I didn't hate it, but rather found myself expecting so much more...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Seeking it feverishly. Difficult to locate at a reasonable price.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

IMO is pretty much reductieve fragance I pass it.

Love it. Classy, versatile, interesting.

Why So Serious?

Classy for sure, i do get a little bit of Gucci Envy, but Antidote is floral rather than woody. A good modern floral composition with some classic undertones, but I prefer Spicebomb.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Andrea Maack Coven
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Sur la Plage

Meh - don't love it, don't hate it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm going to give both Antidote and Spicebomb full wearings these next two days and decide which one i want to pick up. Today is antidoate, and so far really enjoyign it. This stuff feels like its going to last a long time on my skin..

Thanks to Spicebomb people are giving this one a second look. Very complex, every time I wear it's a little different than the time before.

I've owned it a few times. It never really "took" on me. Not bad, but not good enough.

Not too crazy about it, it's good though not outstanding to me. After I finish my bottle I am not going to be repurchasing this

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I've owned it a few times. It never really "took" on me. Not bad, but not good enough.
    Yeah, I get the feeling that it's not going to "take" on me either. But I have that issue with a lot of floral based scents.

@silentrich Good advice though, I'll see what happens when I try your application method.

Yes!!! I Love this!!!
    Gary

Really enjoyed antidote today, good projection and longevity and i can see what people have mentioned about getting somethign differetn from each wearing, since from sampling it before i don't recall it smelling like it did today, very complex and al lot going on. I will say that overall i think spicebomb is a bit more enjoyable imo, and i will most like pick a small bottle.

I'll give SB a full wearing tomorrow to confirm. I'm sure i can come across Antidote at a perfume outlet store for a cheap rpice, we have so many in central florida, someone has to carry it.