Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Xerjoff Shooting Stars VS Amouage (regular line)

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xerjoff Shooting Stars

9 39.13%
  • Amouage (regular line)

14 60.87%

Default Xerjoff Shooting Stars VS Amouage regular line.

Easy question. Which one is best / do you prefer out of these two luxury brands? (disregard of expenses). I prefer the Shooting Stars.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Xerjoff Shooting Stars VS Amouage regular line.

I love virtually all the Xerjoff offerings but just find the Amouage line to be a little more hit and miss. Shooting Stars for me without too much hesitation. Definitely not "better" - just personal preference .
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 27th April 2012 at 02:27 PM.

Not a big fan of either, but of the two - Amouage

Amouage. No match whatsoever.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Amouge hands down
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Theres no denying that Xerjoff is good stuff , Amouage is just more me

Its like comparing a Lexus and Toyota

Many of the Shooting Stars line is a weird mix of wonderful naturals draped upon a weak and unfulfilling synthetic skeleton. The Amouage line has very strong structures and is also adorned with many quality naturals, although they feel more structurally intact as their natural/synthetic mix does not vary wildly during the evolution of the scent. Most of the Xerjoffs start off wonderfully and an hour or two later are rather weak and uninspired bases that are not far removed from many designers.

Amouage is far and away more consistent and just plain technically better, imo, when it comes to the compositions. Xerjoff has a few wonderful scents, but most are mediocre or heavily inspired by other popular designer scents.

there's only a few Xerjoff that I'm interested in, compared to the hand full of Amouage

Amouage. No contest.

I've only tried Xerjoff's Kobe, Nio, and Richwood. I think Kobe is the one that I liked quite a bit. I've tried more of the Amouage line, so maybe I'm biased, but MAAAN...I love me some Amouage! lol Love Reflection, like Memoir a lot, like Dia, and Jubilation also grew on me. I especially love Jubilation with Joop (Try it!). So for me, this is easy: Amouage takes the cake. But I'll definetely try more Xerjoffs and see if my opinion changes...

Basenotes Junkie

Xerjoff by far for me. I really haven't gelled with any of the Amouages I've sampled (several times, and I've sampled six or seven). There is just something not at all right about Amouage for me - some sort of fascinating personal clash.

I have sampled three or four Xerjoffs thoug, and I've really liked all of them. Not sure if I like them enough to warrant the price, but they're damn good.

Two very opulent houses. Xerjoff takes it for me.

Amouage:

Homage 10/10
    Epic Woman 10/10
    Jubilation XXV 9/10
    Lyric Man 9/10
    Memoir Man 9/10
    Memoir Woman 9/10
    Reflection Man 8/10
    Dia for Men 8/10
    Epic Man 8/10
    Ciel for Him 7/10
    Silver Cologne 6/10
    Opus II 6/10
    Gold Men 2/10

av. 7.8/10

Xerjoff:
    Richwood 10/10
    Kobe 10/10
    Uden 10/10
    Fiero 9/10
    Dhajala 9/10
    Modoc 9/10
    Esquel 9/10
    Tobacco Oroville 9/10
    Dhofar 8/10

av. ​9.2/10
    Last edited by morrison74; 14th May 2012 at 02:56 PM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Sound Scents

Easily Amouage, IMO
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Many of the Amouage line is a weird mix of wonderful naturals draped upon a weak and unfulfilling synthetic skeleton. The Xerjoff line has very strong structures and is also adorned with many quality naturals, although they feel more structurally intact as their natural/synthetic mix does not vary wildly during the evolution of the scent. Most of the Amouages start off wonderfully and an hour or two later are rather weak and uninspired bases that are not far removed from many designers.

Xerjoff is far and away more consistent and just plain technically better, imo, when it comes to the compositions.Amouage has a few wonderful scents, but most are mediocre or heavily inspired by other popular designer scents.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Many of the Amouage line is a weird mix of wonderful naturals draped upon a weak and unfulfilling synthetic skeleton. The Xerjoff line has very strong structures and is also adorned with many quality naturals, although they feel more structurally intact as their natural/synthetic mix does not vary wildly during the evolution of the scent. Most of the Amouages start off wonderfully and an hour or two later are rather weak and uninspired bases that are not far removed from many designers.

Xerjoff is far and away more consistent and just plain technically better, imo, when it comes to the compositions.Amouage has a few wonderful scents, but most are mediocre or heavily inspired by other popular designer scents.
    Nice try. But please show me one Amouage that is as close to anything as Oesel is to Fleur du Male. Don't even make me bring up Mefisto and Ibitira.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Nice try. But please show me one Amouage that is as close to anything as Oesel is to Fleur du Male. Don't even make me bring up Mefisto and Ibitira.
    I just had to see if you would catch the house reversal from your post, and you did. It's my sense of humor.

It's all good.

For what it's worth, I do think that Xerjoff is more natural, in general, and Xerjoff's best are as good as Amouage's best. Really, they both are more or less at the top of the field but with regards to different compositional styles. If you like the dense, rich, no holds barred opulence then there are few better than Amouage. If you want more traditional structures with excellent naturals and some of the best use of citrus notes, ever, there are few better than Xerjoff.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    It's all good.

For what it's worth, I do think that Xerjoff is more natural, in general, and Xerjoff's best are as good as Amouage's best. Really, they both are more or less at the top of the field but with regards to different compositional styles. If you like the dense, rich, no holds barred opulence then there are few better than Amouage. If you want more traditional structures with excellent naturals and some of the best use of citrus notes, ever, there are few better than Xerjoff.
    Now that's something I can totally agree with, because I really don't consider one house is superior over the the other. They both really try to give us some good perfume, but they both have alot of misses on their journey to a hit.