Code of Conduct

Default SOTD: Saturday, June 2, 2012

Good Morning my lovely fragrant friends. Hope you have a fantastic day. Im wearing YSL L'Homme again

Default SotD, Saturday, 2nd June 2012

Hello fragrant team! I'm happy to start the discussion again today Hugs for all!

I woke up this morning and felt like smelling elegant & chic. And when it comes to chic, then it must be CHANEL.

Today I'm in CHANEL 31 Rue Cambon, from Les Exclusifs family.

Smell wonderfully!

Default Re: SotD, Saturday, 2nd June 2012

....Good morning!....Have an exquisite and fragrant weekend!

...................vintage Acteur

Default Re: SOTD: Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hello all. SL Iris Silver Mist sample.
    DONNA

Morning all,

Grey and drizzley out today, *blech*. Going with an old fave, Fumerie Turque

Wishing you all a lovely weekend.

Same situation G. (thank you, weather forecast!)... I'm 'sous le vent' today.
    Best to all!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning! SOTD is Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose, for today's Sniff 'n Speak (citrus)

Wish you all a lovely Saturday xoxo
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Saturday, June 2, 2012

Jacques Polge's

C H A N E L
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Thierry Mugler Alien Le Gout du Parfum.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Happy weekend to all. Wearing Knowing again today and looking forward to meeting a couple of new Basenote friends for lunch!

AM: Crown Stephanotis
    PM: Lyric

this morning

Good morning! I'm wearing Un Jardin Sur le Nil today and yesterday. Yesterday I applied it more liberally and received a much welcome compliment.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

HdP - 1725 Casanova

Good morning everyone!

Well, I forgot about SnS, but luckily Cristalle Eau Verte counts as citrussy. The top notes are really all about the lemon...amalfi lemon, so they say, so fancy Italian citrus, to boot! But I'm not actually in Cristalle anymore - that was for my run. I'm in Bluebell now - no citrus, all bluebell...well, hyacinthoides non-scripta actually, and they're apparently distantly related to asparagus ....but that's not quite a citrus fruit either. Oh, well.

Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Creed Tabarome Millesime

Quote Originally Posted by b3t0_1972 View Post
    HdP - 1725 Casanova
    Excellent choice! I love this one!

Montale Oud Pur Oriental

Basenotes Institution

Safe travels home today , Lilybelle !

This morning I'm testing Clive Christian's No 1 for women . It's really not me .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Happy Saturday to you all-Estee Lauder Private Collection o.547.jpg

Good afternoon everyone Today I really slept in...But got home late from a friend yesterday too. For this quite nice and almost warm day I'm in Jicky ( for Citrus s'n's ) Hope you all have a great day!

Basenotes Plus

Happy Saturday, everyone!

SotD is Yves Rocher Tendre Jasmin.

Same mood, same situation... in a cloud of Jicky EdP again and tasting another Burgundy red (and cold cuts and cheese leftovers) tonight. Yum yum...

Hello, all! I am near-scent twins with petruccijc, except I am wearing Alien Sunessence from last summer. Very beachy.

Wishing all a great day!

Good afternoon, today I am in "winter frost" again. I like it a lot, but it just isn't "cold" enough yet. Been thinking of accents that aren't mint. It is definitely "cool" but not cold. any ideas.
    Pictured is a Chypre I have been working on. (unfiltered) dark due to the heavy amount of naturals and oakmoss in abundance. It's quite juicy and dark as it is, but I think I can do more with it. This one is based on ginger lily. (strange note)
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Basenotes Member

I was bare of fragrance as I went to Roja Dove's boutique in Harrods for a nosey.

One wrist Danger and on the other Enslaved - beautiful perfumes both, however Enslaved reminds me of Shem-el-Nessim which I already own, not such an almond vibe but the soft oriental vibe is close enough to stem any temptation.

Very much enjoying Danger though, and it gets better as it wears.

There were a number of new parfums: Vetiver, neroli, amber oud, Diaghilev re-release and brand new arrival GARDENIA!, I tried this on card only and have to say I was very impressed and I am not a true gardenia lover. It was a gutsy gardenia, I should have saved some skin!

SOTE

Good Evening,

Thanks for the heads-up, whwend. I'll have to pay Roja's place a visit next week and test the new gardenia.
    This evening I'm relaxing in Mitsouko EdP.
    Best to all.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up, whwend. I'll have to pay Roja's place a visit next week and test the new gardenia.
    Please give the Neroli a sniff too.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

A drizzly day here...I'm in AdP Blu Mediterraneo Mandorlo di Sicilia, with its interesting root beer float effect.

Passage d'Enfer.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

wooznib, what could cedar and/or iris do to the 'temperature' of your creation? Sounds very intriguing.

I spent Saturday afternoon in Mahyouba by Rosasi.

voyage hermes edp

@Larimar Cedar tends to get scratchy and feels warm to me. I will try a few "iris" type ingredients to see how it fares. The Orris may need some backing. I want to refrain from using anything minty (peppermint, spearmint, birch, camphor, eucalyptus). I don't think a teenager would want to smell "minty". Getting the "cold" aspect is actually difficult to achieve as of yet. I am going to send her samples of the whole process, even the stinkers. This way she can see what I was thinking at the time. Will keep you posted as well.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by heavenscent1 View Post
    Happy weekend to all. Wearing Knowing again today and looking forward to meeting a couple of new Basenote friends for lunch!
    heavenscent1 PIX! we will need PIX!

It's foggy damp and cold today so I am warming up in Roma- a spicy citrus orientall for SnS

Wonder how Foustie is getting along in Italia?
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Basenotes Plus

ALIEN for me too but I'm in the Limited Edition Liqueur de Parfums from a couple of years ago, the one with the oak base note.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by whwend View Post

There were a number of new parfums: Vetiver, neroli, amber oud, Diaghilev re-release and brand new arrival GARDENIA!, I tried this on card only and have to say I was very impressed and I am not a true gardenia lover. It was a gutsy gardenia, I should have saved some skin!
    Oh , oh ! Tell me more ! What great news ! Gardenia !

This afternoon , sweating it out in the heat with Coco Madamoiselle .

This morning I wore Laurence Dumont Vanille Patchouli and this evening it's AA Ylang et Vanille.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wooznib View Post
    @Larimar Cedar tends to get scratchy and feels warm to me. I will try a few "iris" type ingredients to see how it fares. The Orris may need some backing. I want to refrain from using anything minty (peppermint, spearmint, birch, camphor, eucalyptus). I don't think a teenager would want to smell "minty". Getting the "cold" aspect is actually difficult to achieve as of yet. I am going to send her samples of the whole process, even the stinkers. This way she can see what I was thinking at the time. Will keep you posted as well.
    I'm not so sure about that, wooznib. She might like some mint. She isn't too crazy about any of my fragrances that have iris, but she loves L'Occitane's Verbena Summer Secret (which has mint) and on me she loves smelling Diabolo Rose, which also has a mint note. Oh, and I have Jo Malone Fresh Mint Leaf, which she is okay with, but doesn't rave about.

Met kumquat and purplebird7 for lunch and sniffing. (Saved my arms for sampling and wore Knowing in my cleavage.) Learned a lot, and have a new love, China Town by Bond #9. Am flirting with Can Can, too.

Sorry, Knit, didn't take the camera this time. Will do when we meet again.

I am ready for Sunday SOTD! LOL! Ahead of everyone

Today was a perfume free day for me, which was the first time in ages. We woke up early, early to get on the road and drove straight through back to Virginia. So I just didn't bother. I kept having an impression all day of smelling a bit of almond/heliotrope, so maybe that was something coming from my hair or...??? I am so happy to be back at home with all my preciousses again! This is going to be a perfumey week.

Hello!

I wore Oud Ispahan today.

Very very nice. Not much rose in it though.

Welcome home lilybelle!

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Oh , oh ! Tell me more ! What great news ! Gardenia !

This afternoon , sweating it out in the heat with Coco Madamoiselle .
    Apparently the gardenia had literally just arrived the previous day, unfortunately I only tested on paper as I had already committed to testing others (damn it).

My first impression though was really positive, and I am difficult gardenia customer as I find many fragrances a bit 'shrill' for me ( eg i have had samples of Chanel: gardenia and V&C gardenia petales without buying but Isabey: gardenia and EL tuberose Gardenia are both in my wardrobe). The new Roja Dove struck me as punchy, obviously parfum concentration helps, and there was a little bit of something greener (?) to temper the soaring floral. As it settled on paper it smelt lovely I shall have to head back very soon and test on skin. There were so many new things to try it became overwhelming!!!