Code of Conduct

Default SotD Friday, 27 April 2012

Morning Gang,

Chanel: Cuir de Russie
    (Exclusifs EdT)

Default Re: SotD Friday, 27 April 2012

Hello all. Cuir Ottoman for me, for synch Friday.

Hi all, today I'm synching as well (easy choice seeing that it is 'Leather Friday'), I am wearing Mark Birley Charles Street. Wishing you all a good weekend (and please God, stop this rain).

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is YSL Rive Gauche pour Homme.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hello all,
    It's summertime here... my dad is coming for the long weekend (bridge day for me and Tuesday public holiday). Eating out, barbecue, wine and wine again, mint juleps, relaxing in the sun (in the shade that is)... quite a heavy agenda I know
    Sous le Vent to welcome the really summery temps today!
    You know I am such a happy person sitting and eating outside at night... I am easy to please.
    Enjoy your weekend!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning and TGIF !. Another synch Friday participant in the house with L'Artisan Dzing. Enjoy your day

Bandit, because it's the only leather one I have, and then it's only a teeny sample.

First try today... I like.

Bonjour! .............

Basenotes Member

I'm in sync in Cuir de Lancôme.

Oh My oh my oh my oh my! *gasp* Scent rivals, uhuh, with our own Gandhajala in Xerjoff Homme.

Recommended by the extraordinarily talented and lovely gentleman that we know as Darvant, as one of the best Iris/Leather fragrances. It is glorious.

This is sometimes described by the guys as really butch. I don't agree with that, not on me anyway. I think that on a woman it is lushly, plushly, rich and sensuous. Cello, Perfumedlady, G, L, I think you would loooooove...

Les Senteurs Gourmandes Prune Jasmin by Laurence Dumont

Hello all. Bandit edp
    DONNA

Good morning everyone Having a hard time decide which leather I wanna wear today...Cuir de russie or Dzing... Will see which scent I'm in the mood for after I've showered. Have a great friday all!

Good morning and Happy Friday!!! SotD is First. Hope everyone has a great day
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

My cat woke me up early-- 5 a.m. Couldn't get back to sleep. SotD is YSL In Love Again...again.

I'm off to Mom's to give her her meds. I've been having to go over there multiple times per day to dispense her meds as she has become dangerously unreliable (forgets the meds, takes the wrong day's meds, takes too many doses at one time, etc.) Having researched a possible solution, I've ordered a MedReady pill dispenser. This thing is pretty cool-- it's a powered carousel (AC with back-up battery) that can be programmed with times for any 28 doses (in Mom's case, 4x/day x 7 days). At the correct times for the meds, an alarm goes off and a light flashes, and all the person has to do is slide a little door open to get the correct dose for that time. The door closes on its own and it advances to the next dose automatically. There's no way for the person to take the wrong dose or too many doses, and the alarm doesn't stop until the person opens the compartment, so it's not easy to ignore. (I just hope she doesn't take a hammer to it, LOL!)

Mom also had a fall a couple of days ago, but didn't tell me about it-- I discovered it when I saw the gash on her elbow when showering her. She lost her balance after hopping off the elevated toilet seat (installed when she broke her hip last October.) It seems her feet didn't reach the ground when she was sitting, but she'd never told me she was having a problem with it. I promptly had the elevated seat removed, leaving the grab bars attached. I hope there won't be any more falls...but I sprouted a few more gray hairs this week.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 27th April 2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: typo

Finally decided on Cuir de russie, which makes me scenttwin with Gandhajala today Big hug to 30Roses! Your mom is lucky to have a daughter like you

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Out of sync this morning with Frederic Malle Cologne Bigarade.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Friday, 27 April 2012

Jacques Polge's

A L L U R E

H O M M E

C H A N E L
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

30Roses, what a wonderful daughter you are...hugs to both you and your mom.
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Good morning everyone!

I'm out of sync too - most of my leathers are a bit too smouldering and sensuous for my current mood. Jazz Fest starts today and I thought something more cheerful and vivacious would fit the bill, so I'm in Guerlain's Insolence. Y'all have a fantastic day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Foustie, I had a chance to sample that one a long time ago.....and did not do it
    I'll go with Cuir de Lancome today!
    Happy Friday!!!!!!

good morning. in sync today with

1251923198_paco-rabanne-1-million_1.jpg

Tubereuse 3 Animale Histoires de Parfums

In synch with Kelly Calèche.

30 Roses, I am so sorry to hear your mother is not doing well, I wish you and her all the best!
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Today I am in-sync with a creation of my own that I have been working on for a few weeks. I mentioned it in an earlier thread when BN was having some issues. Notes are:
    Top: Black Pepper, Bitter Orange, Sumac (Smoke Tree)
    Mid: Muguet, Orange Blossom, Tobacco
    Base: Sandalwood, Vanilla Bean, Leather

Will be sending out testers to my sniffers.

Went through older posts, Will be sending out packages to TWolf, and 30R. Woot!
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Love the NO Jazz festival pic, thanks for sharing! Haven't tried Insolence, sounds like a saucy one, will have to look for it. Today is my 11th wedding anniversary and we got married on a Friday, too. Think I'll wear Knowing for it.

my yard is loving the weather. Crown of thorns in bloom. Have a wonderful weekend.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Basenotes Institution

30 Roses- thinking of you and your Mom . Shoegal is right- you are a wonderful daughter. I hope Mom's elbow gets better soon. Take care of yourself too , L . Many hugs for you and Mom.

I really have no clue if I am in sync or not ! Well right now, I am wearing Petite Cherie EDP layered with Diorissimo EDT. Actually a fab combination of sweet and tart.
    TGIF everyone !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Roja Dove Unspoken Parfum.

Am I in synch ?. I am unaware of leather being part of the note pyramid but I definitely detect a smoked leather vibe in the base. Maybe it's my nose, maybe I'm cheating a little - Cuir Mauresque would have been too predictable - in synch !.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 27th April 2012 at 04:04 PM.

Coze parfumerie generale

Syncing in with Cuir Mauresque, and off to hunt morels.

Blog Entries

Maitre Parfumer et Gantier- Cuir Fetiche

I'm wearing this for leather synch day. It starts out leathery and somewhat floral-powdery with the ylang-ylang jumping forward. The initial leather wears off after a bit and the ylang-ylang really hangs on. It definitely has a powdery accord. Maybe not suitable if you prefer a more butch leather approach. This is the opposite of Mona di Orio's, Les Nombres d'Or - Cuir, ​for instance.

flower whip
    Last edited by kumquat; 27th April 2012 at 04:19 PM.

No synch yet for me. I’m not much of a leather fan unless it is very, very subtle and later in the day/evening.

For now, it’s a dab of Bourbon French Musk oil. I’ll leather up later.

(((hugs))) to 30 Roses.

Enjoy Jazz Fest, Evangeline.

Enjoy your Friday, everyone.

Possumbility, I LOOOOOOOVE morels, possibly my most favorite mushroom (this and funghi porcini)! Good luck with your hunt! Yum yum
    Jon, IMO you do qualify very elegantly. It's the most wonderful labdanum that does it in Unspoken Parfum. Needless to say you smell divine! Cheers for that bottle of wine you are having.
    Moi, I'm getting ready for a dinner out on this wonderful summer evening. I'm in the mood for Jicky tonight. Refreshing with bite and an alluring dirty vanilla drydown!
    Best to all

Gosh I'm joining in very late today but long weekend for me, sad occasion of strewing the ashes of my stepfather in law on Monday. It would have been his 90th birthday. Then taking mum in law out for a slap up lunch.

Synched in Cuir de Russie from a sample. Scent triplets with Gandhajala and Ineespenes. Mmmmmm... Spent the day sniffing myself.

30R you have the patience of a saint and you do your mum proud.

Basenotes Institution

Morels and Porcini - yum ! Morels remind me of the Midwest.

Good Evening,

To the Cuir de Russie wearers.

Larimar - Enjoy the fine weather this weekend. I'm supremely jealous.
    Alityke - Sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

A few dabs of En Avion (extrait) this evening to ease myself into the weekend.

Take care, all.

Still upset about the BN, please bear with me, I will get over.

Have been enjoying Gres Cabaret, Martine Micallef Royal Musca (excellent floral, simply delectable) and my both jobs. I tend to agree with those who think leather is for shoes, bags and dog collars.

Blog Entries

Maybe I'll synch up after work in Tribute by Amouage...or Kelly Caleche ...or Cuir de Russie.
    Twolf, I still expect the site to be down whenever I log in...so if it goes down, I am thinking of y'all...

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

I’m wearing some really lovely vintage Houbigant Chantilly from a decant that Frou Frou gave me in NOLA. I’ve read reviews that say this has a leather note, but I’m not sure I pick it up. Maybe…ever so subtly. Anyway, I’m calling it my Friday Synch Scent by repute.

Hugs to Alityke and Twolf, and anybody else who wants one.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Thanks and hugs to all of you dear people! I'm really fortunate that Mom is at least agreeable, certainly not true of many elderly people with dementia. Of course, she is not far advanced yet.

I'm in synch with Bottega Veneta. I am almost done with my second sample of this beauty, and it's near the top of my to buy list. Maybe mother's day ( I keep hinting, we shall see.)
    Jessica spies a fairy: "You smell awesome, what are you?"

--True Blood

Blog Entries

happy aniversary heavenscent BTW, i love Knowing, especially in parfum.
    have a romantic weekend!

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Been in a number of scents today. Ending with Cuir de Lancome and thanks F, it is still delightful. I could wear this one on a daily basis.

Big hugs to all that need one. Caring for our loved ones is hard work but very rewarding. Each lovely moment is to be savoured for the now. My M in Law does the tablet shuffle too. I may hunt for that gadget.

Le Male by JPG
    Gary

Basenotes Institution

Happy anniversary Heavenscent !

This afternoon/ evening , I forgot about the sync and ended up in Serge's Fleurs d'Oranger !
    Have a great Friday night everyone !

Now Twolfie- I am sending you massive hugs and I wish I could have a lovely day with you.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Sartorial by Penhaligon's.

Hi all! Sorry I haven't checked in for a while. Everything is fine, though. Today I wore Bombay Bling, and refreshed it for the evening.

((((Roses))))

In synch with Cuir Mauresque, thanks to my dear Primrose!
    Evenstar

Armani Mania(2004).
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

I could not log on today until now so I am clueless about the synch for today. I'm in L'Air du Desert Marocain.

Hugs for all, especially those in need, like our darlings (((30 Roses, Twolf, and alityke))). Take care, all.

Thanks to all for the hugs.

MIL now has too much time on her hands and constantly worries about nothing. I hope she is able to grieve when this final ceremony is over. He died last November but she hasn't been able to move on much as this spreading of his ashes has been hanging over her. It was suggested by the Undertakers (more money for them) but I don't think it's healthy as it holds up the grieving process and prolongs it.

Sorry rant over