Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Default cK One Shock for Him

I sniffed this one for the first time yesterday.
    I thought I was gonna smell another boring and
    blah Klein frag, but, I was quite surpriced; it's
    really good.
    A rather spicy semi-gourmand oriental. Nice!

But, it reminds me a whole lot of some other frag.
    I just cannot put my finger on which.

Is it La Nuit de L'Homme?
    Maybe Opium pour Homme, EdT?!
    Or is it Dior Homme Intense?!
    Maybe a fusion of them all?!

One thing is for sure; I need a full bottle!

Default Re: cK One Shock for Him

I also tried it with low expectations and thought it was actually not terrible.

It seems to be pretty popular now in stores here, but personally tried it and didn't care for it at all.

I tested it out and was expecting a crappy scent and was surprised that it was half decent. On the top you can smell the freshness of fruit with the pepper and just underneath you get the warmth of the cardamom and a lot of other notes. It has a apple fresh top with a peppery warmth all mixed together

It comes across to my nose very loud and youthful.

I think it's great. Bought a 100ml bottle as soon as I sniffed it. Cheap as well.

Agreed, I also expected some boring CK scent but was pleasantly surprised when I sampled and immediately purchased a bottle

I quite liked it too and will buy the 200ml soon.

I tried it really really fast at duty free, but, am i crazy or its a boozy gourmand with cognac chocolat?

I liked it too but I'm starting to wonder if I have a thing for sweet scents! I wouldn't mind owning this. The girl at the Essence kiosk tried to give me a couple bucks off the sale but I wasn't sure yet so I passed.

I tried it, but, dont really remember what it smelled like. I guess that speaks volumes...

It supposedly has a red bull accord. I don't know about that, but I love Red Bull! Oh and CK One Shock smells great.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I was also pleasantly surprised. Wouldn't mind smelling this instead of the original, which still seems to be a favorite around here.

The For Her one wasn't so thrilling.

Blog Entries

I avoided this at Sephora due its tacky font, but was forced to try when I was in NYC -- I was pleasantly surprised. So I decided to get a sample from Sephora, but was disappointed in my first full wearing as it didn't project/last.

I like the tobacco and the sweetness of CK One Shock, so I gave it another shot. Don't know what I did, but it lasted very long and it continuously wafted off my skin.

Planning on buying the tester bottle (200mL) from Amazon as soon as its price goes down to around low $40.

Yeah, I also thought it was okay, but didn't think it was worth a purchase.

It's soft and mellow. I couldn't really identify the main note but the top notes reminded me of Spicebomb without the spice.

Basenotes Junkie

To me, it's a slightly too sweet Burberry London. After extensive sampling side by side I went for London. I'd still say CK One Shock is good, though, just a tad too sweet for me. I'm not a big sweetie-fan :/

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    It supposedly has a red bull accord. I don't know about that, but I love Red Bull! Oh and CK One Shock smells great.
    I've always enjoyed the smell of Red Bull, but the original Thai version. I gotta give this a try

Sprayed it at duty free a few months back. It had pretty crappy longevity on the tester strip. Scent was OK, but nothing special to me. Quite youthful smelling as Mr. Hunter pointed out.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Tested it for the 2nd time a few days ago, and all I could smell from it was the energy drink accord.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post

Yes, with a dollop of Witness added, by a perfumer wearing Egoiste.

It seems to have gotten a pretty bad rap around these here parts , but I think its really quite good

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I love CK One Shock for what it doesn't pretend to be. Great smell, good longevity. That's what counts for me.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Sounds like it's fittingly named, shockingly good.

It's a good solid scent. Not my type, but it's OK.

Banned

CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein - One is initially treated to a mildly fresh accord. Clementine, with its sweet orangey and faint floral facets, lavender with its clean, herbal character, as well as cumcumber, with its medicinal, sea-like aspect, all commingle in a brisk concoction. A cloud of something, perhaps aldehydes or the cryptic, energy drink accent, imparts an effervescence to the invigorating blend. Transitioning to the heart, a field day with herbs is had. Leafy, black basil, with its licorice accent, vivacious and woody black pepper as well as mildly spicy and sweet cardamom encase the opening. A nascent tobacco serves as a backdrop to the herbal jubilation. Segueing to the base, the rich and spicy tabacco has come into full bloom, while an earthy mustiness of patchouli flitters about. A pleasant ambrene wood infuses its laurel-like, sweet and spicy, woody overtures. And, a casheran musk imparts its velvety, somewhat floral bouquet. An enjoyable drydown ensues. This versatile composition is an all-season scent with average projection and average longevity, 6-8 hours. Its favorable price point makes this fragrance even more welcomed.

Anyone else find it more woody, specifically like those sandalwood incense cones sold at import stores and headshops, than sweet? I mean, there's an underlying sweetness throughout but the woods and tobacco are key players to my nose. Even something like YSL's original L'Homme seems sweeter to me as that scent lets the tonka sit center stage for much of the dry down. It's definitely less sweet and more nuanced and complex to my nose than say 1 Million or La Nuit de L'Homme.

Yeah as many of you I expected to smell the same generic designer crap but was also surprised. Whilst its not going to win any awards for the price the longevity and projection and the actual smell hit the mark. I've yet to buy a bottle but would consider it just to have in the mix.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

I guess I am also one of the Basenoters quite favorable about CK Shock - actually, not bad at all and much more complex and creative than I would have expected from this house

Local stores pulled this long ago, but I guess Sephora still has it, at least in some locations. Actually, I like it too and would buy this at a good price.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    I sniffed this one for the first time yesterday.
    I thought I was gonna smell another boring and
    blah Klein frag, but, I was quite surpriced; it's
    really good.

Maybe Opium pour Homme, EdT?!
    Or is it Dior Homme Intense?!
    Maybe a fusion of them all?!

One thing is for sure; I need a full bottle!
    Have you smelled Keith Urban Phoenix? I found that to be very similar, especially in what seems to my nose to be the main aromachemical. I expect to own one or the other. Phoenix is a bit less gourmand and more leathery.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Local stores pulled this long ago, but I guess Sephora still has it, at least in some locations. Actually, I like it too and would buy this at a good price.
    CK One Shock has been pulled from all the store shelves in my area, Sephora and dept. stores - its gone. "It didn't sell" the SA told me. Sephora no longer carries it here either. I am really surprised they gave up on it that fast.

1st, the bad: They try something new, push the envelope and make something woodier and more sandalwood incensey, and it fails. This is going to discourage others from heading down these more daring paths if Klein, with its (semi) powerful CkOne brand can't even make any inroads.

The good: I was worried this was going to become as ubiquitous as 1 Million. Either way I planned on getting a bottle, but now I won't have to worry about smelling like everyone else (not a huge concern of mine, but it is always nice to smell unique). I wonder if this is going to be like By Man/Magnetism/Ungaro I/etc and become highly collectible and sell for $200+ a bottle in a few years after stock dwindles and it becomes hard to find online.

Tried it, like it pretty much and now it's on my wanted list...also considering the very good price online (saw 100ml cheaper than 50ml). Overall it was a nice surprise: the woods and tobacco created a smooth aura and, as others basenoters said, it's not too sweet like recent 'modern' releases. A youthfull scent I personal consider having soon in my collection.
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day". I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Spring: | Chanel Allure Blanche | Guerlain Homme Intense |
    Dior Fahrenheit | Givenchy pour Homme | Carolina Herrera for Men | Narciso Rodriguez Him | T. Mugler A*Men Sunessence | Trussardi Inside | C. Herrera Chic | Azzaro PH | M. Kors Michael for Men | Pal Zileri Sartoriale |

i thought it was totally unmemorable. I even like In2u better

Quote Originally Posted by pawful View Post
    i thought it was totally unmemorable. I even like In2u better
    I'm surprised at that. In2U in my opinion is just another boring citrus with terrible longevity. Been done a million times before (mostly by CK). I thought Shock was a move away from this generic crap they've been serving up. Might not be everyone's taste, but at least they tried something slightly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    CK One Shock has been pulled from all the store shelves in my area, Sephora and dept. stores - its gone. "It didn't sell" the SA told me. Sephora no longer carries it here either. I am really surprised they gave up on it that fast.
    I keep talking to the Coty fragrance reps and I'm not sure if they are talking out their butt or what, but they say it didn't sell. Now since they had different juices for men and women I am thinking they might have just looked at the combined sales and since the women's version was just terrible (smelled like nothing) it might make it look like the men's was a failure as well.

Strange thing is even though it was pulled from many stores shortly after Christmas Coty did actually come out with a spring set for it with new packaging. Kind of confusing for a frag they supposedly are discontinuing. It can still be bought at Macys.com or if you go into a store they can have it shipped to you.

I'm a big fan of this one and I hope it comes back! But since I only need 2 sprays of this to last all day and project great, my 200ml bottle should last me over 1,000 days I think I'm good
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

This is a good stuFFFFFFFFFFFFF..........longevity & sillage are average. And it“s very cheap IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post

CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein - One is initially treated to a mildly fresh accord. Clementine, with its sweet orangey and faint floral facets, lavender with its clean, herbal character, as well as cumcumber, with its medicinal, sea-like aspect, all commingle in a brisk concoction. A cloud of something, perhaps aldehydes or the cryptic, energy drink accent, imparts an effervescence to the invigorating blend. Transitioning to the heart, a field day with herbs is had. Leafy, black basil, with its licorice accent, vivacious and woody black pepper as well as mildly spicy and sweet cardamom encase the opening. A nascent tobacco serves as a backdrop to the herbal jubilation. Segueing to the base, the rich and spicy tabacco has come into full bloom, while an earthy mustiness of patchouli flitters about. A pleasant ambrene wood infuses its laurel-like, sweet and spicy, woody overtures. And, a casheran musk imparts its velvety, somewhat floral bouquet. An enjoyable drydown ensues. This versatile composition is an all-season scent with average projection and average longevity, 6-8 hours. Its favorable price point makes this fragrance even more welcomed.
    Superb review, you've got an amazing nose!

It is a nice frag. I like it if not love it....It comes at the price which won't hurt you either...

200ml acquired. Mission accomplished.

Copped the 200ml about 3 weeks ago.. Its Quite Cheap but i really don't like it, Projection-Silage and longevity is Quite Poor.. As i said earlier the only + Side is the price, Got 200ml for about $60.. Not Bad.

Copped the 200ml about 3 weeks ago.. Its Quite Cheap but i really don't like it, Projection-Silage and longevity is Quite Poor.. As i said earlier the only + Side is the price, Got 200ml for about $60.. Not Bad.

The CK outlet here had it as of last Saturday. It's good.

It's good stuff. Mint, tobacco, and vanilla.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOpera View Post
    I keep talking to the Coty fragrance reps and I'm not sure if they are talking out their butt or what, but they say it didn't sell. Now since they had different juices for men and women I am thinking they might have just looked at the combined sales and since the women's version was just terrible (smelled like nothing) it might make it look like the men's was a failure as well.

Strange thing is even though it was pulled from many stores shortly after Christmas Coty did actually come out with a spring set for it with new packaging. Kind of confusing for a frag they supposedly are discontinuing. It can still be bought at Macys.com or if you go into a store they can have it shipped to you.

I'm a big fan of this one and I hope it comes back! But since I only need 2 sprays of this to last all day and project great, my 200ml bottle should last me over 1,000 days I think I'm good
    Maybe it's not selling because of the hideous packaging? The juice itself is, IMO, good stuff - unexpected, fun, even interesting. Was a definite pleasant surprise for me.

Very mediocre scent in every way IMO...

I picked this up today and I love it. I am not a fan of the ck one series but they went out on a limb on this one and created something unique.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedredandblue View Post
    Maybe it's not selling because of the hideous packaging? The juice itself is, IMO, good stuff - unexpected, fun, even interesting. Was a definite pleasant surprise for me.
    THIS! Ohmuhgawd, that bottle is hideous. I saw it at Sephora and rolled my eyes. OK, to be fair, that's judging a scent by the bottle. I guess I should smell this one sometime.

Tried it with little to no expectation. To me it smells like a cross between La Nuit with a little 1 million somewhere in there (especially during the dry down). Loved the scent so much that I just purchased a 200ml bottle. For $40, it's well worth the money spent. Now to play the waiting game.

I've been testing this one out recently and I have to agree - a really good sweet tobacco gourmand frag for very little $$$
    Surprisingly good.

You will find this for dirt cheap at Marshall's/Maxx now in 200ml size. I suspect the Halloween-like box killed this. Why would anyone sample this looking like that. It is my favorite CK scent, and would sell if they classed-up the packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by dampier View Post
    You will find this for dirt cheap at Marshall's/Maxx now in 200ml size. I suspect the Halloween-like box killed this. Why would anyone sample this looking like that. It is my favorite CK scent, and would sell if they classed-up the packaging.
    I agree. Put it in the Euphoria packaging (replace the Euphoria juice, too) and you've got a big winner.

the dry down smells like linstant guerlain edt, nice scent, youth version of linstant , more sweeter.

Wow I tried this a few weeks ago and liked it. I didn't wanna believe I was liking a cheap, tacky ck cologne this much, I thought my nose was losing its swagger, but apparently many other basenoters feel this way so its all good.

It's very good, but so close to Spicebomb and Pure Havane that I sold my bottle. I don't need three that smell that similar. They all have that tobacco scent to my nose.

Its not bad. I finally tried yesterday. To my fellow Canucks, SDM(Shoppers) is selling a 20ml version for 18.00. And is still in that ugly packaging.
    Re: Avatar-So are they whats known as subwoofers?

I received my bottle yesterday (ahaha such a long time to arrive) and Im wearing it for the first time today.

Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait!
    Such a goooood fragrance. Cognac, Chocolate, Tobacco, Spice (cardamom?), what a combo!

It have very good longevity and sillage, and also you can spray a lot cause it costs less than 50usd for 6,7oz.
    I bought a tester and paid 35usd for 6.7oz. That means 0,17 cents per ml, what a deal!!

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    I received my bottle yesterday (ahaha such a long time to arrive) and Im wearing it for the first time today.

Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait!
    Such a goooood fragrance. Cognac, Chocolate, Tobacco, Spice (cardamom?), what a combo!

It have very good longevity and sillage, and also you can spray a lot cause it costs less than 50usd for 6,7oz.
    I bought a tester and paid 35usd for 6.7oz. That means 0,17 cents per ml, what a deal!!
    This is a very good fragrance, not sure why it isn't as hyped as some of the other hype monsters *cough Pure Malt cough*. I actually paid 24.99 for a 3.4oz from Marshall's. Sillage is good yet projection is only about 1.5ft.

Not a youthful fragrance the way many have described it. Worn by the right person this can come across as a pretty mature fragrance. Very versatile fragrance. Can be worn any season.

5/5 as far as bang for the buck. Get a bottle!

Basenotes Institution

IMO, the parts of Shock that smell so good were copied from Calvin Klein's Obsession for Men which (prior to reformulation) was a masculine classic. CK just took a very familiar accord and dumped a lot of sweet /woody ambery notes into it - modernizing it. I like it, but I cannot say that it's very original. Nonetheless, I would prefer smelling this on a guy than some of the more 'synthetic' masculine releases recently.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Junkie

I liked it but there was something kind of juvenile about it. Maybe it was just the psychological affect the bottle was having on me. I found it pleasant, but I didn't like it enough to buy it.

I liked it either. Hope it will not be discontinued.

- - - Updated - - -

I liked it either. Hope it will not be discontinued.

For kids.