Code of Conduct

Default Layering: Aventus and Tuscan Leather. It is good.

I cannot take credit for this. The idea came from GentlemensCorner1914 on youtube. Actually technically he says it came from someone else first...Anyway, if interested start at 11:50. I know a lot of people are opposed to layering but this one really works IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auSkZ...nvYFQV85wyzG_g
    Last edited by Jridgen; 6th December 2013 at 04:05 AM.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Default Re: Layering: Aventus and Tuscan Leather. It is good.

I'd almost be afraid to layer these because they're both extremely strong.

Will have to try this out. This recipe combines two of my most favorite things, Aventus and cocaine.

You should never mix chemicals.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    I'm not a fan of layering either

Basenotes Junkie

Huh. Aventus... AND... Tuscan Leather. At once.

Sounds like a fun experiment, but talk about sensory overload. Not something I'd try for the first time before going in to work. Thx for the heads-up though.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Will have to try this out. This recipe combines two of my most favorite things, Aventus and cocaine.
    I hear ya. TF tuscan leather, smellin' like a brick.

NSIS: You are aware that the fragrances by themselves are mixed chemicals, not single ingredients?

In all seriousness, point taken regarding layering, and this entire thread is at the risk of flaming. The thing is I don't really care because this one works for me. If no one else takes to it I guess it will be a unique signature. Just throwing this out there to share.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    Agreed with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    Nor am I
    (1219)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

It sounds very interesting but I must admit I never experiment in layering. I am sure it give you a different perspective on two good scents becoming one.

Has to be the way to go with TL imo. I certainly can't wear it on it's own

The pineapple of Aventus mixed in with the raspberry note of Tuscan leather. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. lol

Why would you even consider this.....they're both marvels in their own right....this is perfume suicide if anything IMHO with all due respects ...peace

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Really Jhippo....you had me there...very funny....when you do go ahead with it, please let's us know your take on it...please
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Two strong ones.

I've never layered anything. I'm always assuming they've done a better job blending than I will. These two are both great on their own, but I wouldn't want to mix them.

Blog Entries

I'm not a big fan of layering, but maybe I'll try it out. My first impression is that TL would totally overwhelm Aventus. Then again, maybe it all depends on my "weak" (?) Aventus batch - etc. etc. etc.
    Check out my personal blog: http://stayathomedadfindsacologne.com

"Perfume and incense make the heart glad..."

-Proverbs 27:9

The first guinea pig should report in.

How about Tuscan Leather + Tobacco Vanille? Leather + Tobacco = Man Smell, but I'm curious which would overwhelm the other!

Quote Originally Posted by Petrichor View Post
    I'm not a big fan of layering, but maybe I'll try it out. My first impression is that TL would totally overwhelm Aventus. Then again, maybe it all depends on my "weak" (?) Aventus batch - etc. etc. etc.
    The Tuscan leather does dominate the blend a bit, but the Aventus still blends very well and adds the effect of pineapple and black currant. This goes perfectly well with the raspberry. That being said I'm going to try it again this weekend with 2 sprays Aventus, one TL and see what that does. Will report back.

Layering, mixing, blending...

I am surprised by how many people say they do not do this. You are missing out that's for sure.

I have achieved the best results compliments wise by layering or mixing and blending.

One of my faves is TdH and Hypnose blended with Encre Noir. It's a masculine bomb.

Can't wait to try this one. Love Aventus and Tuscan Leather.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Seems odd to me. Both very strong scents. What's next, 1 Million + Interlude Man?

Maybe I'll give it a try some time though. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewthecologneguy View Post
    One of my faves is TdH and Hypnose blended with Encre Noir.
    Whoa, a TRIPLE combo huh!!! I've always wanted to try layering of scents but always chicken out at the last minute.