Code of Conduct

Default Custo Barcelona - Man

Something intrigued me about Custo Man about a year ago, but I couldn't put my finger on it - but my wife disliked it intensely, she told me not to buy it or if I did, not to wear it anywhere around her.

So today I came across it again on sale, I had some of it sprayed on my wrist, I didn't like it at first, but it grew on me in the next 10 minutes - so I bought it. Stength is very good, so far it has lasted 11 hours on my wrist.

I now realise that my wife is totally consistent. Custo Man is in the same sort of floral style as Trumper's Fougena and Fleur du Male - the former she's never liked, the latter she put her foot down and said "Don't you dare buy that".

I think Custo Man is the sort of scent a guy would wear when trying to show his sensitive side - shame it drives my wife insensitive.

Has anybody else tried it?
    Regards,
    Renato

Default Re: Custo Barcelona - Man

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Something intrigued me about Custo Man about a year ago, but I couldn't put my finger on it - but my wife disliked it intensely, she told me not to buy it or if I did, not to wear it anywhere around her.

I now realise that my wife is totally consistent. Custo Man is in the same sort of floral style as Trumper's Fougena and Fleur du Male - the former she's never liked, the latter she put her foot down and said "Don't you dare buy that".
    Therefore, have you decided where you are going to wear it?!!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Therefore, have you decided where you are going to wear it?!!
    On those rare occasions like today where she goes shopping somewhere and I go shopping somewhere else (she has to drop me off to pick up my car that I had to get towed yesterday - front wheel connection came loose, had front wheels pointing in different directions!).

Or when she goes to the hairdresser.

It certainly is limiting.

But at least I now have three scents she dislikes strongly to rotate on those occasions.
    Cheers,
    Renato

P.S. Do you realise that if you hadn't kindly responded to perhaps the last 10 or 15 threads on my new scents here, I'd probably have a record for the most number of postings with zero responses?
    Last edited by Renato; 28th April 2012 at 12:58 AM.

I tried it while on holiday in Tenerife last year. The green one, by FK, reminded me of Reflection Man. Very good at the price. The blue one 'Pure' was similar to Diesel Fuel for Life, a pleasant light but persistent youthful fruity scent.

I've tried it and thought it was quite nice just not my style - I do struggle with intensely synthetic frags. It does come to mind from time to time though, I may give in to a small bottle at some point
    Also, it's a very worthy alternative to Reflection Man. Custo B Man punches way above its weight IMO and I'm surprised it doesn't get more love. Perhaps limited distribution is a problem....

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    The green one, by FK, reminded me of Reflection Man.
    me too, they share some vibe, specially for the neroli and pepper combination.In reflection the iris root (among others) give it a more refined and delicate touch, while custo man , a part of more synthetic , has a sweet-chemical dry down.

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    I've tried it and thought it was quite nice just not my style - I do struggle with intensely synthetic frags. It does come to mind from time to time though, I may give in to a small bottle at some point
    Also, it's a very worthy alternative to Reflection Man. Custo B Man punches way above its weight IMO and I'm surprised it doesn't get more love. Perhaps limited distribution is a problem....
    Don't wait before buying. It is currently going very cheap at Perfume Connection. And it is extremely cheap if you buy four scents together from their discount collection. So far I've bought Lauder Intuition, four Pal Zileri scents, a newer Luciano Soprani and the Custo for ridiculous prices - as low as $9 a bottle. I even bought my wife some fabulous Jacomo "art" scents for $6 a bottle - and she thought they were great, unlike anything she had.

I actually liked the women's Custo scent a lot (which is unusual, as I'm not fond of a lot of women's scents) so I bought six bottles, one for my wife and the remainder for presents.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    I tried it while on holiday in Tenerife last year. The green one, by FK, reminded me of Reflection Man. Very good at the price. The blue one 'Pure' was similar to Diesel Fuel for Life, a pleasant light but persistent youthful fruity scent.
    Thanks. Believe it or not I've never smelled Reflection Man, and I've just looked it up. Makes me feel even better about my purchase.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    me too, they share some vibe, specially for the neroli and pepper combination.In reflection the iris root (among others) give it a more refined and delicate touch, while custo man , a part of more synthetic , has a sweet-chemical dry down.
    The dry down is a sweetish thing indeed, but it did't strike me as chemical. On the other hand, I haven't got a clue exactly what it was.
    Renato

Wow that's super cheap - I can't say no at that price.
    Thanks Renato

Custo Man is a nice frag; strong, floral, a lot of neroli, very Fleur Du MÔlish.

I've never heard of this one Renato. I'll have to check it out.

Btw, do you find Perfume Connection has some good deals?
    La vita Ŕ breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by koala501 View Post
    I've never heard of this one Renato. I'll have to check it out.

Btw, do you find Perfume Connection has some good deals?
    They have had great deals in the past - I paid between $35 and $40 for Egoiste, Equipage and Blenheims Bouquet, to name a few. Lauder's Intuition for Men cost me $30 the other day, when I bought three other scents with it. But they are progressively closing their stores down, and all will be closed by the end of the year. So keep an eye on the store closest to you and on their web sites.

If you do go by there, check out the mens 24Karat by Joachim something or other. It's a spanish scent currently costing $14.50. It is deceptive because it turns into a real powerhouse (I wrote here about my 11 year old nephew totally outpowering me with this scent).

They have a very good European selection and other scents not carried by mainstream shops - Bogart, Dali, Lapidus, Jacomo - without which my comments here would have been a lot sparser.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 29th April 2012 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    Custo Man is a nice frag; strong, floral, a lot of neroli, very Fleur Du MÔlish.
    Agreed. I don't mind wearing Custo Man, but while I was tempted, I think that despite my wife's protestations I'd have felt a bit squeamish wearing Fleur Du Male. I have a sample of it somewhere, I may surprise her one day.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    They have had great deals in the past - I paid between $35 and $40 for Egoiste, Equipage and Blenheims Bouquet, to name a few. Lauder's Intuition for Men cost me $30 the other day, when I bought three other scents with it. But they are progressively closing their stores down, and all will be closed by the end of the year. So keep an eye on the store closest to you and on their web sites.

If you do go by there, check out the mens 24Karat by Joachim something or other. It's a spanish scent currently costing $14.50. It is deceptive because it turns into a real powerhouse (I wrote here about my 11 year old nephew totally outpowering me with this scent).

They have a very good European selection and other scents not carried by mainstream shops - Bogart, Dali, Lapidus, Jacomo - without my comments here would have been a lot sparser.
    Regards,
    Renato
    I'll check them out and let you know how I go. Thanks for the tip Renato!
    La vita Ŕ breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!