Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hiro Yoruzuka

Default Hiro Yoruzuka

Hiro does fragrance reviews on youtube. They are kind of interesting, but I was wondering if any of you basenoters think his opinion is to be respected? He seems to have a passion for fragrances and apparently owns many many bottles, including many expensive niches.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 23rd July 2012 at 11:26 AM.

Default Re: Hiro Yorozuka

Love his reviews. He is hilarious too! Watch his Musc Ravageur review I had to show my wife it cracked me up so much.
    I enjoy Hiro, Al, Cubby. I like that these guys have passion for fragrance and arent snobs. You always have to take perspective of the reviewer though whether here or on YouTube. Hiro is. Young guy. If you look at his top 10, it is from perspective of young guy. Just like anything else YMMV.

His vids are great.

I think he's funny. His nickname of Hiro "The Hype" is well earned as he does hype up a few frags quite a bit. He's asian, so he automatically gets cool points from me.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I think they're pretty good also.

He has personality, and why should his opinion be any less than anyone on here? If you take everything in context, it's just another point of information in an easily digestible video format with good delivery.

He is one of the few that I actually enjoy watching.

double

He's annoying/

I'd rather watch marc's, cubby's and Al's reviews.

Sometimes he's too over the top for me... However, when he puts his descriptions into story form, they're pretty good. Overall, he's entertaining.

Blog Entries

I like his videos, but I also think he has a good nose - so yes, I respect his opinions. If he says he smells something, I believe it without question.

Very entertaining! wish he did reviews more often, has been very inactive these days.....

Basenotes Member

I love his reviews! I actually found BN due to a mention on one of his videos, and now I'm hooked!

I really like his reviews too.

What I like about him in particular (other than what has already been said) is that he has a nose that seems to "think for itself"--that is, he tells us what he likes and what works for him (I don't detect any snobbery at all)--and at the same time he backs up his opinions and has thoughtful judgments (and he does it with flair and style).

So yes: very good reviewer.

I´ve enjoyed watching his videos from some time ago. His videos aren´t boring or dull , unlike some others I´ve seen online. Loved his review on the underrated Xeryus Rouge and his " fragrance realtalk video" where he mentions the pedantry of the perfume world... hehe
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

He is honest and gives HIS opinion on fragrances. He is not snobbish when it comes to niche or designer or whatever. He wears what he likes and makes fun/entertaining video reviews. I also wish he did more but he has been saying that he is quite preoccupied with other things such as studies etc.

Dependent

took me a sec to find. last name is spelled Yoruzuka. i recommend you edit your subject so people can find him more easily.

Blog Entries

I always enjoy Hiro's reviews. He knows his stuff, too.

He's my favourite of the youtube reviewers, simply because he isn't pretentious. He seems to be a genuine guy who is putting out reviews because he likes doing it, not for some form of self-indulgent gratification. If I'm totally honest, Marc is my least favourite as his introductions are too long and I personally think he likes the sound of his own voice too much. That isn't meant to sound too harsh (I'm sure I'll be bashed for having this opinion) as I do respect his opinions and tend to agree with what he says. I just find Hiro's reviews more down to earth and accessible. Hope he keeps it up for some time to come.

I really enjoy Marc's reviews! Hiro's (sometimes a little preachy but I think he's being somewhat humorous too, he's an acquired taste) are pretty good too as are FragranceBros, QandAaren, deathscythe77, etc..

I don't know what Marc's profession is but he seems to be loaded to blind buy so many expensive niche bottles and do those niche haul videos. Talk about total fragrance envy. People who have that much experience with so many fragrances I find myself trusting.

The one fragrance reviewer I simply don't care for at all is Katie Puckrick.

Basenotes Member

Hiro is solid. His top ten lists are just basically him showing off his new niche bottles and tossing in a few other designer frags. He is also funny and just gives his opinions. Big ups to the mention of QandAaren. They are my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by flouris View Post
    The one fragrance reviewer I simply don't care for at all is Katie Puckrick.
    I know what you mean...something about her personality. And I swear if I hear that song in her videos one more time...

I believe his real name is Miguel, but I think he tries too hard to act cool and in my opinion he's childish and homophobic. Other than that his reviews are good and his taste in fragrances is in the majority. In general Youtube reviewers give me better insight into a fragrance than basenoters. If your a beginner it's very hard to figure out who the snobs are and who the people that are legitimately trying to help you out are. Doesn't take long, but it can be intimidating.
    Last edited by silentrich; 2nd May 2012 at 10:02 PM.
    Currently wearing: Avant Garde by Lanvin

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I believe his real name is Miguel, but I think he tries to hard to act cool
    Do you not think that he's almost trying to be a parody of himself? From what I've seen, he is trying to act as if he's trying to act cool, if that makes sense! I'm also not sure that I've seen any evidence of him being homophobic... could have missed that though.

Dependent

I find his strange accent and affected demeanor distracting. Gotta hand it to Katie, she knows how to present/host . . . very few YouTube reviewers have presence and diction skills.

A cool dude who makes me laugh when I see his reviews.
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami by Hermès

I really like his reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by jlusk99 View Post
    They are kind of interesting, but I was wondering if any of you basenoters think his opinion is to be respected?
    Sure why not. I don't think he works or is paid by anybody to favor any particular house.

I used to be able to watch his vids but find him somewhat annoying now. He has become more and more affected since his first videos. i think that its ridiculous the way people run out and buy whatever his new top ten for the month is. He is hyping Lavender Palm right now so in 2 months there will be about 300 people trying to get rid of the Lavender Palm that they bought because it was his # 1 on whatever list.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    If your a beginner it's very hard to figure out who the snobs are and who the people that are legitimately trying to help you out are.
    a pithy comment indeed !