Code of Conduct

Default My wardrobe I'd too serious

Insomnia has held me captive since the early hours. So I've amused myself by updating my wardrobe. It occurred to me that my FBs tend towards the serious grown up end of the market.

Now if I wanted to insert something fun, frivolous and flirty (maybe even pink) into my FB options what would you suggest?

Default Re: My wardrobe I'd too serious

I suggest some of the new Lush. B Scent is an irrepressibly funny, lemony-fruity rose floral. Cocktail is a woody floral with a weird artificial plasticky angle. Dirty is minty-flinty.

And do you own Anais Anais?

cacio

Rose Barbare is lovely and great quality I'd say straight away.

Or one of the fruitier feminines among the Maitre Parfumeur? They smell lovely and of quality on paper to me.

Blog Entries

TAUER PERFUMES - Une Rose Chypree

This is a lovely scent. The Rose surrounds you in a soft cloud, medium sillage, medium longevity. High class niche.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Kiehl's Original Musk or Miss Dior Cherie perhaps.
    I also second cacio's suggestion to check out the Lush/Gorilla frags. I like Lust myself but they're all a bit quirky and fun.

The Gorilla Lust had my sister and I in stitches with tears rolling down our cheeks..... they actually dared.....

The Serge Lutens Sa Majesty la Rose is actually quite serious but still fun

Guerlains Insolence is pretty and pink

How about Baby doll or Paris? ( YSL both of them), or Champs Elysees by Guerlain? I also second Insolence and Miss Dior Cherie.

Lipstick Rose from Frederic Malle is fun and also quite beautiful - bought a bottle for a friend and she loved it - worked like a dream on her. She finished it in a year or so actually so I got her another one - the 100ml this time. It's pure ditsy fun at first with the classic powdery lipstick note then opens up into a beautifully light alluring rose - grown up fun.

Moulin Rouge from Histoires de Parfums is the other one that also ticks all the right boxes - beautiful stuff that makes you smile. For me it marries the almost narcotic front of house aura you get at the ballet, all the women dressed and scented for a night at the Opera House, with the incredible strands of powder, lipstick and make-up that fill the air back-stage - it's a heady mix.

Nina by Nina Ricci. Fizzy, fruity, toffee-apple concoction - pure fun. Very sweet though - it'll ruin your appetite for dinner.

+1 for B Scent by Lush/Gorilla.

MJ Daisy or Hilde Soliani Fraaagola Saalaaata

^ I really like MJ Daisy. Sometimes that one gets bad reviews, idk why.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Thank you everyone.
    Ine-Paris was my pregnancy perfume with my eldest son. It has associations of being HUGE!
    Lust/Gorilla perfumes-I can't enter a Lush shop without retching. I did try Breath of God once. Not something I'll repeat
    MJ Daisy-I'll explore
    SL SMlR-I have a decant but have been holding off for warmer weather
    FM Lipstick Rose-will dip in my sample draw and retest
    Champs Élysées-CE is not my friend
    Kiehls Musk-Again not my friend and I have MKK
    Insolence-I'll explore further

I was wondering about YSL In Love Again rerelease in 80ml cream square bottle

+1 on Moulin Rouge! Fun, fun stuff, but also just a beautiful perfume

How about:
    Putain des Palaces by Etat Libre d'Orange
    Violette in Love by Nicolai
    Jovan Musk
    Tocade

And +1 for Insolence.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

In Love Again would be a good choice for the warm weather ahead. I've been wearing it rather a lot lately-- it's always so cheerful.

I will say, though, this scent is all about the top (and maybe the middle) notes. It isn't fleeting, but it starts off at its best and becomes less and less noticeable from there.

Have you tried Rosine Diabolo Rose?

What about Comme Des Garcons?

Here are a few light-hearted fragrances from their range...

Series 5 Sherbet: Cinnamon
    Series 5 Sherbet: Mint
    Play
    Series 6 Synthetic: SKAI
    Oduer 53

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I'll add to the chorus of praises for Lipstick Rose and 1889 Moulin Rouge, two of my very favorite fun and flirty perfumes, although I wouldn't call them frivolous ...they're a bit better than that, they both have such substance! The same with Insolence, although it does have a more frivolous feel somehow. And although it's rather polarizing, I love JPG's MaDame for these light and cheerful, girly moods ...and it was created by Francis Kurkdjian, for what that's worth to you. I see devilcat already suggested the new Nina, and I agree with her - it's very pretty, fun and fruity. Also, Miss Dior Chérie edp (the one from '09, I think) is girly and pretty and rather well-composed floral fruity gourmand that you might want to check out.

But the most frivolous, fun and flirty one that comes to mind is Pink Sugar. It's super-sweet but quite pretty ...if you can stand the cotton-candy pink sweetness, of course. It's a huge compliment-grabber, and it's very inexpensive so you wouldn't have to shell out much to find out if the "fun and flirty" thing is more than a once-in-a-blue-moon desire for you.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Shalimar Parfum Initial

Basenotes Institution

Coco Mademoiselle is wonderful ! Love it and decidedly pink and fun .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

l'd like to suggest some fun & flirty, totally tropical scents;

Anything from the Lucy B line.
    Estee Lauder Brasil Dream.
    Montale lntense Tiare.
    Creed Virgin lsland Water.

l can't help but smile when wearing these!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

I see you have quite a few of my favorites; especially chypres. I have a feeling you might like my current favorite;
    Caron French Can Can- it is a flirty and fresh combination of violet, rose and amber. I think samples are available from Luckyscent.

PRADA Candy

Evangeline at the time you were suggesting it I was cashing in some loyalty points and getting JPG Madame. I love Kurkdjian's work for JPG. I've been a loyal wearer of Gaultier2 since it's release. Which means I've used about a litre!
    Being not a cheap thrill but a free thrill it hits the spot completely.

Strange when considering the forthcoming event on Monday but I wanted something 'happy' and I simply don't own any happy FBs

queen of the universe

Ralph Hot by Ralph Lauren is the only frag to make me laugh out loud. All the funnier since to wear it is clearly not to act my age. Punk Oriental might sum it up, alternatively, one might call it Ralph iHOP (that maple syrup note).
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

I'm wearing Mata Hari by Histoire de parfums courtesy of a kind BNer friend. It could be considered very naughty fun.....

Frederic Malle's Outrageous! is what the doctor ordered. Minty limes, apple and a very nice neroli/cedar accord, all over a sort of fresh laundry musk base. Fun, carefree, and sure to put a smile on your face.

Here I go too, getting ideas. I love girly, flirty, and fun. I've been wearing Insolence a lot lately, too. It puts me in an upbeat mood. I think I'm going to try Caron Can Can.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Frederic Malle's Outrageous! is what the doctor ordered. Minty limes, apple and a very nice neroli/cedar accord, all over a sort of fresh laundry musk base. Fun, carefree, and sure to put a smile on your face.
    Now that sounds good ! I must try it .

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Yup, and you know it's the opposite of serious when it has an exclamation point in the name!

It's a bit young, and definitely summer oriented, but I really like it and think I'd enjoy it even more on a woman. There's even a hint of tuberose in there, too - which is the only thing that takes it down a notch or two when I consider wearing it myself.

I suggest Jo Malone Earl Grey & Cucumber Cologne.

Its a lighthearted perfume. Great for a stroll on the beach or park or attic.

for swap/sale:

Blog Entries

1+ on a Jo Malone. There are quite a few ypung and lovely scents in both the L'artisan Parfumuer family and the Annick Goutal family. Or you could just suspend all questions of taste and grab a bottle of Pink Sugar...good luck and enjoy!

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

I've been looking to try this for a looooooong time

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Hi Alityke

Another vote for HdP Moulin Rouge. Great fun. It just seems to come tumbling out of the bottle! 1969 from the same range is like a big peach smoothie. Most of the Rosines are bright and cheery. Also Clinique happy for Men.

Ooooh, you guys, that FM Outrageous sounds great!!
    Last edited by Foustie; 29th April 2012 at 01:29 PM.

The first one that I always think of is Ormonde Jaynes' "Osmanthus" :it's one of the bubbliest, most cheerful frags I can think of!A real pick-me-up when you're feeling dull.
    "Yuzu Fou" from Parfums D'empire and "Still Life" from recent niche line "Olfactive Studio"..I think those are two interesting and cheery citrus frags..must be the yuzu!
    in the "sexy+fun" category I second Coco Mademoiselle..and include 31 Rue Cambon (a fun and sexy sort-of-chypre)
    Lipstick Rose and Une Rose Vermeille (Tauer) have a very similar vibe and are sweet and fun (Lipstick Rose maybe more elegant in the drydown..)..to me actually too sweet..but you never know!
    Also seconding YSL Baby Doll and Rose Ikebana from Hermes, both (to me)from the same family:freshfruity&fun roses..

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Evangeline at the time you were suggesting it I was cashing in some loyalty points and getting JPG Madame. I love Kurkdjian's work for JPG...
    I'm pleased to read you're giving MaDame a try - it's a fun one, alright ...rather kitschy, but not trashy. I love the fizzy oranges and grenadine - it smells like an effervescent and sparkly girly cocktail to me.

Fleurine's suggestion of Annick Goutal is another good one - I've been absolutely smitten with Petite Chérie and especially Eau de Charlotte lately - I highly recommended both of these, and also Eau de Camille.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Oh, and Heeley's Oranges and Lemons say the Bells of St Clements is bright and cheery!

For flirty and girly and fun, Marc Jacobs Daisy.

I haven't tried many Goutals but there is Quel Amour. Definitely fits in this category.

I also really like Coco M. EDT version.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Institution

Evangeline - I adore both Petite Cherie and Eau de Charlotte. Quel Amour is also a good choice .
    A Goutal Folavril ( April Fool ) is one of my faves too. I've gone through a couple of 100 ml bottles of it.

Sculpture and Alfarom - Outrageous seems to go under the radar but it sounds so appealing and the price point is pretty good for a Malle.

Have you tried Flower Bomb?

Evangeline - I adore both Petite Cherie and Eau de Charlotte.
    Petite Cherie would be a lovely choice. Pears, peaches, rose and grass! How lovely is that? Like a little sprite of a fragrance.

Basenotes Institution

Foustie - Petite Cherie especially in EDP is magical and delightful. I even bought the large candle and it's beautiful. The soap too . Petite Cherie really lifted me when I was particularly down last year.

Gosh you are all rather wonderful! I'm so delighted with these suggestions and shall try as many as I can.

I also hope that you've all been a little cheered by thinking of the genre too.

Have you considered Miss Boucheron? This has a fun, bubbly aura about it. A casual, floral with a fresh fruity presentation! Nice little bottle too!

Blog Entries

Lots of people like Juicy Couture.

summer means fireflys

I totally agree on Pink Sugar!
    Also try By Kilian Love, which is Pink Sugar-like with added jasmine and orange blossom.
    By Kilian Prelude to Love is a happy, sparkle-y iris and orange blossom.
    Boucheron Trouble is very flirty.
    L de Lolita Lempicka clicks the frivolous box on your list. I call it my mermaid-fantasy scent.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Institution

Creme Bouquet by Stila . Lovely lilac vanilla floral fragrance . A lot of fun !

You want frivolous and girly?
    Then I second Pink Sugar all the way!

Another line you could check is Smell Bent.
    Lots of nicely put together and fun perfumes there too.

I've read that Paris Hilton's original perfume actually isn't bad, and it's sure funny looking! Hard to take anything from her seriously.

Hi ! I looked through your wardrobe and it is pretty "adult" (refined taste).

Some non-serious perfume suggestions:
    Flowerbomb
    Pink Sugar
    (Juicy) Couture Couture
    Lolita Lempicka
    Katy Perry Purr
    Tommy Girl

Oh and Prada Candy

Update as well as the Ma Dame I got YSL In Love Again. Yes it is all about the top and heart (is there a base?) but it's so cute and refreshing. Gained me a compliment too!

Thanks to all for your suggestions. This is probably my most challenging category