Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1

    Default Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    I bought some Dove Men Body & Face Bars. Straight out of the packet it smelled like Drakkar Noir to me. When I have a shower I'm engulfed in Drakkar. The bathroom smells like Drakkar a lot of the time.

    My clothing protectors that I hang in my wardrobe also smell like Drakkar Noir, which in turn make my bedroom smell like Drakkar.

    Looks like Drakkar Noir is makng a comeback in a way I hadn't envisioned. All I have to do now is find a dishwashing liquid that smells like Drakkar Noir, and I'll have all bases covered in the house.

    Does anybody else think the Dove Bars smell like Drakkar, or do you think I have it all wrong and it smells like Giorgio Red?
    Cheers,
    Renato

  2. #2

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    Though I don't necessarily get this sensation, I can understand where it may come from, at least to my nose.

    Most Dove products - maybe except the unscented ones - have a certain crispness, an obvious soapiness somehow bordering leatheriness, and as Drakkar Noir smells leathery, hence a possible olfactory association with Drakkar.

  3. #3
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    78,038

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    I personally don't smell the likeness between Drakkar and Dove Bars.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Though I don't necessarily get this sensation, I can understand where it may come from, at least to my nose.

    Most Dove products - maybe except the unscented ones - have a certain crispness, an obvious soapiness somehow bordering leatheriness, and as Drakkar Noir smells leathery, hence a possible olfactory association with Drakkar.
    Thanks for your input. I've got other soap bars that are leathery but they don't smell like Drakkar Noir to me.
    I wish some Australian posters would chime in here, just in case our Dove Bars are different from everyone elses ( the way it seemed to have transpired in my Hershey Bar posting in Off Topic a few weeks back).
    Cheers,
    Renato

  5. #5

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Thanks for your input. I've got other soap bars that are leathery but they don't smell like Drakkar Noir to me.
    I wish some Australian posters would chime in here, just in case our Dove Bars are different from everyone elses ( the way it seemed to have transpired in my Hershey Bar posting in Off Topic a few weeks back).
    Cheers,
    Renato
    I do shower with Dove Men Soap Bars, use Dove Men deodorant and also own a bottle of Drakkar. It hasn't jumped out at me yet, but I know what I will be testing when I get home.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    I use Dove for men too but I don't get that association.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    I'll have to check this out!!!
    Gary

  8. #8

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    I does have a similar vibe to it. I'm not sure if it's what your referring to, but I use the shower gel and it does have a dry kind of masculine Drakkar Noir smell to it.
    Summer 2014 favorites

    1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche

    7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

  9. #9

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I does have a similar vibe to it. I'm not sure if it's what your referring to, but I use the shower gel and it does have a dry kind of masculine Drakkar Noir smell to it.
    Interesting. I wonder if your gel will smell the same as a Dove bar? In which case you'd have a similar perception to mine.
    Cheers,
    Renato

  10. #10
    Basenotes Junkie Sidney_Falco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    City of Angels/helL.A.
    Posts
    732

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    I'm not familiar enough with Dove products to comment, but I think your original post just set a world record for most use of the word "Drakkar"

  11. #11

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if your gel will smell the same as a Dove bar? In which case you'd have a similar perception to mine.
    Cheers,
    Renato
    I have the Dove Men + Care soap also and the body gel in my opinion smells much stronger. I don't smell much in the soap.
    Summer 2014 favorites

    1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche

    7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

  12. #12
    Dependent mesaboogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Los Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    2,928

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    Yankee Candle Midsummer's Night smells like Drakkar Noir. The first time I smelled the candle I thought it smelled like a man's cologne. Then I smelled Drakkar Noir later on and realized what it smelled like.

    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

    Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

  13. #13

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    Can you post a pick Renato? I don't use Dove but will check it out next time I'm at the supermarket.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney_Falco View Post
    I'm not familiar enough with Dove products to comment, but I think your original post just set a world record for most use of the word "Drakkar"
    I just realised that I left out a "Noir". This is because "Drakkar" is actually an earlier scent than Drakkar Noir which I haven't ever smelled.
    Renato

  15. #15

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    Can you post a pick Renato? I don't use Dove but will check it out next time I'm at the supermarket.
    A picture is here.
    http://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/dov...-soap-bar-x-2/

    It's an interesting bar - 25% moisturiser.
    Renato

  16. #16
    Super Member Bulakenyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pearl of the Orient (+8:00 GMT)
    Posts
    160

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    I use Dove for sensitive skin. Unscented.
    LOWBROW TO THE CORE

  17. #17

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulakenyo View Post
    I use Dove for sensitive skin. Unscented.
    My wife is like you, wanting everything for sensitive skin or hypoallergenic - all the soaps in my bathroom make her itchy.
    Which is good, keeps her out of my little domain.
    Cheers,
    Renato

  18. #18

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    Doesn't dove have like 3 different ones for men? Which color?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

  19. #19

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    Doesn't dove have like 3 different ones for men? Which color?
    Does it?
    I'm partly colour blind so it could be in the green or grey box here,
    http://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/dov...-soap-bar-x-2/
    Cheers,
    Renato

  20. #20

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    That's the grey box. I use the ones in the blue box so maybe that's why I don't get the Drakkar Noir vibe.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    That's the grey box. I use the ones in the blue box so maybe that's why I don't get the Drakkar Noir vibe.
    Thanks. I'd swear that box is the same colour as my grey camping tent - which I thought was grey for years till it transpired that everyone saw it as green.
    Cheers,
    Renato

  22. #22

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Yankee Candle Midsummer's Night smells like Drakkar Noir. The first time I smelled the candle I thought it smelled like a man's cologne. Then I smelled Drakkar Noir later on and realized what it smelled like.

    First thing I thought of when I read this thread was this candle. I used to have it in my apartment before I got married. Just like drakkar
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

  23. #23

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Yankee Candle Midsummer's Night smells like Drakkar Noir. The first time I smelled the candle I thought it smelled like a man's cologne. Then I smelled Drakkar Noir later on and realized what it smelled like.
    I wish I had one.
    Renato

  24. #24

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    Went to Coles and they didn't stock this, does Woolworths/Safeway?

  25. #25

    Default Re: Dove Men - Smells like Drakkar Noir to Me

    Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    Went to Coles and they didn't stock this, does Woolworths/Safeway?
    Hi again,
    It's definitely in Woolworths, and in the major chemist chains. I'm surprised it's not in Coles - but I don't go there much anymore as I'm now surrounded by Woolworths and IGA stores.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Similar Threads

  1. Drakkar Noir = ???
    By klopp in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 9th September 2011, 04:12 AM
  2. Drakkar - not Drakkar Noir
    By narcus in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th April 2007, 03:44 AM
  3. Drakkar Noir = ???
    By gator in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21st May 2006, 03:38 AM
  4. Drakkar Noir....
    By renzo in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22nd December 2005, 06:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •