Code of Conduct

Red face SL Gris Clair + Chergui

Have been sampling Gris Clair the past couple nights and absolutely love it. My favorite scent in the world is Caron PuH, and it basically reminds me of a smokey version of that, which is awesome. I suppose it's difficult to make anything with lavender and vanilla in it and not get compared to PuH.

Blind-bought Chergui alongside it and I can't wait. I've got weekend plans to be out of town in Portland and part of me is saying "AHHHH BUT WHAT IF THEY ARRIVE THEN???"

I've never seen any discussion of Gris Clair on here. Anyone tried it? Chergui seems to be something I'll absolutely love.

Default Re: SL Gris Clair + Chergui

Although I own neither, I have tried both several times and think they're both very nice scents. Glad you like the former and will bet you are going to like the latter.

Banned

Gris Clair by Serge Lutens - Upon application, one is treated to a wave of fresh, clean lavender, with its somewhat camphoraceous and minty facets. This lovely herbal essence floats cloud-like to the waiting heart. Here, in the middle, standoffish iris commingles with the refreshing lavender, imparting its icy coolness. Whiffs of a campfire smokiness intrude to temper the cool melange with its dryness. This inviting mixture meanders to the awaiting base. The coldish brew intermingles with dry, woody notes as well as a restrained amber, with its hints of a musky and vanillic sweetness. An unworldly and ethereal incense showers the blend with its enticing and cryptic character. An alluring drydown ensues. This exhilarating composition is an all-season refuge, and has good projection and longevity.

yah i read that in the gris clair review section....

i don't care much for gris clair (not a fan of lavender i must say) but chergui is one of my favourite winter scents. keep that in mind if you intend to wear it now as it might be too warm for it (weather wise) and i wouldn't recommend it, it might be a bit too heavy. i know seattle is quite similar to london in terms of weather (rain and cool) but if you've been experiencing a heatwave like the rest of the united states i'd lay it off for now.

While in Portland make sure you hit up The Perfume House. They have the entire SL Export line (As well as Amouage, Montale, Creed, CdG, Goutal, Etro, Rance, L'Artisan, etc) and tons of other brands with a focus on very rare and hard to find labels.

If you like GC then you should definitely try Encens et Lavand and Fourreau Noir.

The former is a lavendar and incense accord (with some resins) whilst the latter is lavender and tonka.

for swap/sale:

Oh yea, I forgot to add that to my post, thanks for reminding me hedonist. Fourreau Noir reminded me very much of Gris Clair but far, far better. Loved it so much it was my first bell jar.