Code of Conduct

Default Please Help me to Contact Montale!

Hi everyone, I've recently decided to take the plunge on a couple of Montales (more specifically, I've convinced my wife to get them for me for our anniversary...). In any case, the e-mail address on their website doesn't seem to work. I phoned them this morning (using the number on the Montale website, and the phone was answered by a French lady who told me "Perfume is finished. I don't know where the new shop is".

I am aware of the recent debacle with this brand, but if it's still possible to get in touch with them, I'd greatly appreciate if someone on here could please tell me how (particularly for the sake of the special offer that was apparently only available directly from Montale).

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Please Help me to Contact Montale!

Until they settle in at their new address and announce the particulars, I think it's going to be a bit difficult. You might have to wait a few weeks.

If you look right on their front page it says they're moving stores and reopening May 15. Though I guess it's easily missable since it's in French.

if youre located in the US, you can always sample or buy from luckyscent dot com
    adversity introduces a man to himself -anonymous

Seems like the only way to get them to respond to emails is to send them your credit card # and all of your info along with which frags and minis you want. They will take your money and tell you your order has been processed. Looks like they are moving so probably wait a couple of weeks before you order in any case.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Thanks very much! My wife found a new number somewhere on-line (don't ask me how), and I got in touch yesterday with a lady called Hiba. She says that the new Paris store will be fully operational from the 1st of June...

My wife also found an e-mail address for a guy who apparently runs a Montale store in Saudi Arabia; his quoted prices are even better than the price for ordering directly from the Paris store ($80 for 100ml). Does anybody know if his frags are authentic please?

Before you part with your hard-earned, I suggest you read this thread and draw your own conclusions:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289...pany-disbanded

I received a reply from Montale today:

Hello,

We are not able to send perfums until June.

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    I received a reply from Montale today:

Hello,

We are not able to send perfums until June.

Best regards
    Same here. I was trying to place an order of Blue Amber.

Montale has been having various organizational problems lately and I personally would not try to order from them directly. On-line niche retailers like Luckyscent carry most of the Montale line and are very reliable. I have heard that Montale used to provide very good discounts when you bought from the directly but I would not try to do this until they have their act together and have a proper, secure on-line sales site (like Chanel has).
    Last edited by BurgundyMarsh; 4th May 2012 at 01:54 PM.

the article says they are now called Tanelli! I'm not sure I understand why a company would change it's name like that though.

Thanks again everyone. The thread linked here seems to indicate that the guy in the UAE is selling legitimate stuff, but I'll probably just hold out until the 1st of June. The shop in question is called "Al Jazeera Perfumes", and funnily enough, it turns out they're selling Tanelli-branded bottles...
    Last edited by nathan.k; 4th May 2012 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan.k View Post
    Thanks again everyone. The thread linked here seems to indicate that the guy in the UAE is selling legitimate stuff, but I'll probably just hold out until the 1st of June. FWIW, the name of the guy in the UAE is "Shady" something or other, which already makes me hesitant to do business with him . The shop in question is called "Al Jazeera Perfumes", and funnily enough, it turns out they're selling Tanelli-branded bottles...
    Don't make fun of a person's name. Especially when you're pronouncing it wrong.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Don't make fun of a person's name. Especially when you're pronouncing it wrong.
    No need to get riled up, I was not taking a personal dig at this guy, I was just joking (I'll edit the post if you like. BTW, I assume it's pronounced "shah-di" or something similar?).
    Last edited by nathan.k; 13th May 2012 at 11:43 PM.