Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
o

Default Re: Advice on buying from Hong Kong

Epic Man at LC IFC will be a good buy - not sure list price but will be better than US for sure. They don't carry the Attars and have recently dropped the Opus Library series, I'm afraid, but was there the other day and the main line all look be in stock.

Good call for Joyce in The Gateway and Guerlain at The One - 10 mins. walk apart. I think they Eau de Guerlain at The One - if not is stock Harvey Nicks Central is about 10 mins. walk from IFC, so might be worth checking before you head over for your Amouage

I met Frederic Malle tonight again at Joyce in Pacific Place, funnily enough and had a nice chat - sorry I missed your post till now, I could have checked list price for French Lover!

You'll be fine when you get here - best time of year to visit, too! Cheers.

Basenotes Junkie

Thanks so much Sir! Really looking forward to the visit...and if I get to sniff and purchase a few frags that would really be icing on the cake.

Just curious but about how much are the Amouage 100ml bottles?

Best,
    David
    Last edited by daverasi; 30th October 2012 at 10:56 PM.

Didn't find china mainland as a category.well, I'm new in Shanghai. And though it doesn't seem a niche perfume paradise, I saw Chanel exclusifs and Dior prive and Tom Ford private blend in flagship stores. So, you will probably find Armani, too. I did't ask for the price. I fear it is much more epensive than in HK, probably even than Paris due to quite protective customs regulations..
    An idea?

I think the various tax and license costs add about 30% to what we pay in HK, DieNase, altho it may be a bit less for some the flagship stores will be pretty heavily marked up, that's why we have so many mainlanders down here buying fashion stuff and bringing it back into PRC to sell.

Basenotes Junkie

I want to thank Mr. Reasonable again for putting this wonderful guide together!

I happened to have a chance to visit the Lane Crawford @ IFC and picked up a bottle of Amouage Epic Man. Came out to 1600 HKD or $206 USD which is a really great price. French Lover/Bois d'Orage was about the same as at home but I still picked up a bottle as I didn't have to pay any tax.

Great! Glad you did alright here

I hope I will get the chance to Hongkong somtime mext year. Anyone a price update for Chanel exclusif? Are they still 1100 HKD the big bottle, which would be bloody cheap? Do they carry the small 75 ml as well? For which price?
    Can't wait to get my first FB of la Chanel Exclusif. Still living on decants and running out of bois des iles...