Code of Conduct

Default Vol de Nuit Xmas 2011

Perfumeshrine has posted a photo of this year's special edition "Vol de Nuit" Christmas powder. I heard about this a few weeks ago and put my name on the waiting list, but today is the first time Ive seen a photo of the product.
    It is a loose powder perfumed with Vol de Nuit, presented in the "flacon rayonnant" (in coloured glass). She's a stunner!

This follows last year's special perfumed powder release in the flacon "abeille blanche", Or Imperiale.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Vol de Nuit Xmas 2011

Oooh Dimi !

It looks wonderful ,doesn't it ?
    I really wanted to buy the Or Imperiale powder duty free but Changi Airport was out of stock when I was there this year. Didn't really need it of course *LOL* but I did love it when I tried the tester.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I bought Mira the Or Imperiale last Christmas, but she felt it too precious to use! I think shes only had 2 or 3 puffs from it... but this Vol de Nuit presentation is to. die. for! Im treating MYSELF this one this year, methinks!
    Will retail for $87.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 23rd September 2011 at 05:57 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Despite not using powder, being a boy and all, I really want this, if not for just the bottle. A lot of the makeup blogs I follow on Twitter have reviewed it and have said it smells wonderful (of course, it's VdN!) and the whole Christmas Collection looks excellently executed.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I find it interesting that many reviewers have had a crack at describing the scent, but so few are actually familiar with Vol de Nuit (the perfume)!

Yes alot of people are really interested in this one. They do a different fragrance each year it seems. A golden shimmer highlighting powder fragranced with a Guerlain perfume. Don't expect it to smell like the parfum, it will only be lightly fragranced. I know its around 72 so thinking 60+ in sterling.
    DONNA

Last year's was quite strongly scented... I expect this year will be no different. Reviewers have not said anything about it being fleeting. Of course, it wont wear like a parfum though.

The only reviews I have seen and read are beauty blogs and they are all about the makeup part. They say its very pretty etc but nothing about the actual fragrance etc.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution

A spray powder sounds sort of strange. The bottle is a beauty.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Hi Dimi
    You bad boy. Don't put temptation within my reach. I really can't resist easily.

Anything VdN is pure heaven. So where do we get it? May make a nice Christmas request, though perhaps I'm pushing my luck having already been promised a Chanel 5 extrait already.

Hi LiliB, I think this will be readily available through David Jones and Myer stores. Last year they had a similar powder on offer (see my first post) with their Xmas makeup story. May be best to call and ask a store near you and reserve one. I have my name down for 2 with a friend in the US, as the Australian markup on last year was 100% ($72 in the US, $144 here!)!

Blog Entries

Friggin' cool. Vol de Nuit is an amazingly beautiful fragrance. I bought it for my wife because of a rec from a friend of hers, years ago, but now I'm the biggest fan of the stuff.

No wonder you changed your avatar, Dimi!

Now - powder. How does one use it? just dust it on like talc? Not a problem. No guy should have any qualms. I mean, really - what's more barbershop than powder on the neck and shoulders?

I think this powder is sparkly though Red. Which instantly puts it in the female-use only for me personally. Had it been a powder without shimmer, I might have used it. I guess this just means I will sit and stare at the flacon longingly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    I think this powder is sparkly though Red. Which instantly puts it in the female-use only for me personally. Had it been a powder without shimmer, I might have used it. I guess this just means I will sit and stare at the flacon longingly.
    Sparkly???!!!

Man - that would be kinky. I suppose I could break out the gold chains and spray my chest.

Basenotes Institution

Kevin Guyer gave me a 'shimmery' Michael Kors Michael body lotion (the feminine) that dare-I-say I have worn a couple of times. It's not that sparkly.

-- Jack Kerouac

Suspended in lotion it won't be that shimmery/sparkly. But as a pure powder it will come out as pure shimmer. The sa said it was for applying to the collarbone etc going out in the evening. No stock yet but that was the idea when using it.
    DONNA

But would this perfume you enough? Or would you need the perfume too?
    Why did they have to put shimmer in there????
    The bottle is...wooooow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by allabouteve View Post
    But would this perfume you enough? Or would you need the perfume too?
    Why did they have to put shimmer in there????
    The bottle is...wooooow!!!
    Because its classed as part of the makeup collection for the Winter/Holiday period. The whole collection is called Vol de Nuit all deep blues and greys. You won't be able to apply it as a normal perfume because of the shimmer only on collarbones, down the shins(sp) where you want to highlight, etc not inner wrists or neck unless you want to look like the tinman from Wizard of Oz.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Because its classed as part of the makeup collection for the Winter/Holiday period. The whole collection is called Vol de Nuit all deep blues and greys. You won't be able to apply it as a normal perfume because of the shimmer only on collarbones, down the shins(sp) where you want to highlight, etc not inner wrists or neck unless you want to look like the tinman from Wizard of Oz.
    Oh...not good,nope!!
    Ok,the bottle's still a beauty,but I think I'd rather spend the bucks on a plain perfume bottle...

Blog Entries

.... not inner wrists or neck unless you want to look like the tinman from Wizard of Oz.
    Hmmmm. Wonder if I can get it in time for Halloween.....

Well I spotted this at the local Guerlain counter and bounced over. Bottle is beautiful. I sprayed lightly and got a veil of shimmery golden powder. No smell!!!! Sprayed heavier again on hand twinkling like Tinkerbelle but I could not notice any real fragrance from it at all. Very disappointed.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution

Sounds disappointing indeed donna255

-- Jack Kerouac

Well mine is on order to arrive Tuesday . I will look at the bottle and my daughter can shimmer , then I get to keep the bottle.

Mine should also arrive in the next 10 days or so. Im looking forward to spritzing wifey with it.

Well I spotted this at the local Guerlain counter and bounced over. Bottle is beautiful. I sprayed lightly and got a veil of shimmery golden powder. No smell!!!! Sprayed heavier again on hand twinkling like Tinkerbelle but I could not notice any real fragrance from it at all. Very disappointed.
    The emperor's new clothes? Haha! Guerlain is really that bold?

I found it in another store today and sprayed it on my daughter's face .In the sunlight it looked blue and gold but I'd say lovely .It's probably meant for parties but she was wearing a 1970's dress and Biba type make-up and all I could think was how I'd have given my right arm for it back in 1972 when I had partial blue hair and thanks to Andy McKay ( Roxy Music's sax. player ) quite a bit of glitter. I had it on the back of my hand too and it didn't look odd at all to me .

Sorry see post below.

Can you see the blue sparkle , my bottle arrived today and you can smell the fragrance.

^ does it smell like Vol de Nuit? I ask because I'm curious if they just called it VdN, but fragranced it with whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    ^ does it smell like Vol de Nuit? I ask because I'm curious if they just called it VdN, but fragranced it with whatever.
    Yes it's like a powdery Vol de Nuit , very light but lovely.

WOW it must be very light as I couldn't get a thing from it sadly.
    DONNA

summer means fireflys

Very pretty!

I have Angel powder and it has a subtle blue + silver shimmer. So, I probably don't need this one too. Sometimes, I have hard time distinguishing between needs and wants, though.

I received mine today! The bottle is so beautiful. The powder smells nice, but very light. I just tried it very quickly. I will apply more tomorrow.
    Evenstar

My flacons also arrived today - one as a gift for my wife, and one for my vitrine.

As far as the powder goes, wifey loves it. The powder itself is a soft pink/nude colour and doesnt look particularly blue when applied. There is a *faint* perfume - what I'd call a "dumbed-down" Vol de Nuit scent. Its a pity it isnt heavily scented as last year's powder was, but still, its a gorgeous, collectable presentation!

This seller has it for a very good price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330726336708...84.m1423.l2649

But i dont think it worth, if it doesnt smell