Code of Conduct
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Red face All invited *** Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, May 5, 2012 *** FRUITY

Mmmm, mmm, fruity notes -- often used abusively in pedestrian perfumery, but exquisite when properly done. Which fragrance sends you swooning over fruit?

For newcomers, here's the lowdown on this monthly online event:
    Every member, any gender, novice or veteran sniffer, is invited to apply a fragrance related to the theme of the month (listed below) and share your thoughts on the first Saturday of the month. This isn't a mandatory assignment; it's just for fun. Because not everyone logs in on weekends, you're encouraged to continue to add comments within this themed thread on subsequent days. If you don't join us for this month's discussion, please look ahead at the tentative lineup and join in at a later date.
    JANUARY ~ Oriental
    (warmth, flowers, spices, woods & vanilla)
    FEBRUARY ~ Animalic
    (civet-, castoreum-, leather-, or musk-influenced scents)

MARCH ~ Chypre
    (used to be defined by oakmoss presence, but ...?)
    APRIL ~ Floral
    (single solifore or full bouquet of flowers)
    MAY~ Fruity
    (single sweet fruits or a bowl of fruity-florals)
    JUNE ~ Citrus
    (hesperidic: bergamot, lemon, orange, grapefruit, tangerine, etc.)
    JULY ~ Green
    (fresh leaves & grasses)
    AUGUST ~ Fresh or aquatic
    (cool, dewy notes and seaside scents)
    SEPTEMBER ~ Opposite-Gender Fragrance
    OCTOBER ~ Ambery
    (dark, light or blond amber as feature note)
    NOVEMBER ~ Spicy
    (warm notes associated with cooking)
    DECEMBER ~ Gourmand
    (fragrances with a foody note, but not usually fruity--save for May)
    Looking for suggestions?
    See previous SnS discussions:
    Oriental — Jan. 2007, Jan. 2008, Jan. 2009, Jan. 2010, Jan. 2011, Jan. 2012
    Animalic — Feb. 2007, Feb. 2008, Feb. 2009, Feb. 2010, Feb. 2011, Feb. 2012
    Chypre — March 2007, March 2008, March 2009, March 2010, March 2011, March 2012
    Floral — April 2007, April 2008, April 2009, April 2010, April 2011, April 2012
    Fruity — May 2007, May 2008, May 2009, May 2010, May 2011
    Citrus — June 2007, June 2008, June 2009, June 2010, June 2011
    Green — July 2008, July 2009, July 2010, July 2011
    Fresh — Aug. 2008, Aug. 2009, Aug. 2010, Aug. 2011
    Fougere — Sept. 2007
    Opposite Gender — Sept. 2008, Sept. 2009, Sept. 2010, Sept. 2011
    Ambery — Oct. 2007, Oct. 2008, Oct. 2009, Oct. 2010, Oct. 2011
    Spicy — Nov. 2007, Nov. 2008, Nov. 2009, Nov. 2010, Nov. 2011
    Gourmand — Dec. 2007, Dec. 2008, Dec. 2009, Dec. 2010, Dec. 2011
    For the months of July and August 2007, regular BN was offline and supporters had access to an abbreviated site. We discussed aquatics and greens, but those posts are no longer accessible.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: All invited *** Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, May 5, 2012 *** FRUITY

Sorry I don't do fruity. So a no from me.
    DONNA

I'm in - I've got lots of beautiful fruit in my wardrobe!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I'm in, too.

Blog Entries

The only fruit in my wardrobe is citrus, & l'll be saving that for June's S&S. l have a couple of samples that might fit the bill, but l'm working this weekend, which means l can't devote my attention to a scent l haven't tried before, especially if there's a strong chance l won't like it. Sorry, but l'll sit this one out. Have fun, people!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Uh oh, I almost forgot! Good thing my Attar Bazaar African Violet this morning is short lived. Actually, it does have a fruity quality to it, now that I think about it. I’ll be back again later.

I'm in Annick Goutal's Eau de Charlotte for our fruity-themed SnS. Charlotte's all about the jammy blackcurrants, tart and savory and sweet (it literally makes my mouth water) and laced with touches of cocoa and vanilla, alongside floral notes of lily, lily-of-the-valley and gentle mimosa. It's beautiful, charming and delicious ...one of the most adorable perfumes I own. Annick Goutal excels at "adorable" - I almost chose Petite Chérie for its wonderful, adorable pear note.

Fun one Quarry - I love my fruitiful perfumes!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I had missed this, but luckily I'm still lingering at home and haven't gone out yet, so here I am. Just sprayed Visa. Or better, Visas, current and vintage.

On the right arm, vintage EdT. Gorgeous, a powdery oriental with animalics, a touch of leather, and some fruity sweetness. But not too much, this wouldn't qualify as fruity in today's lineups. Very much in the Tabu lineage. The animalics slowly bloom as it goes.

On the left arm, current Visa edp. This is the fruity one. Completely different, and clearly post-angel. Intense, very sweet and fruty, with a touch of leather. But very well done. I don't wear much fruit, so I almost never put this one, but it is good.

Still my nose goes to the right arm...

cacio

Lady edp by Carthusia…

Bergamot, cyclamen, ylang ylang, iris, jasmine, lily of the valley, peach, sandalwood, patchouli, musk

I’m sampling from a decant sent by a very sweet Basenoter. This is very nice! A citrusy, summery fruity floral that is elegant and has substructure under the sweetness and sunlight. Feminine. I like it.

I'm wearing Juicy Couture today. N
    otes: watermelon, mandarin, pink passionfruit, marigold, green apple, water hyacinth, crushed leaves, tuberose absolute, wild rose, princess lily, caramel crème brulée, vanilla, precious woods and patchouli.

This isn't really as fruity as it sounds ... To me, tuberose is the star here. So, not really the best pick for our fruity SnS day, but it's a pleasant scent for the mundane tasks I had today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I'm in Zibeline, which smells uber-fruity to me. I need to check the notes to see if I am correct or even in the ballpark on this one, but going by smell alone, I felt safe in wearing it for today's SnS.

Since I went to the gym and showered there, I had the occasion to put on another frag, so the fruit now is 1969. Wonderful classical fruity (peach and acidic lychee type of fruit, rose, vanilla). Surprisingly persistent too.

In honor (?) of the fruity day, since I was walking by a perfumania, I stopped to check the new thing by the Jersey shore lady. As expected, the usual trashy lactonic fruity floral.

cacio

2 days ago:my favourite strawberry: Ambre a Sade by Nez a Nez!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Black currant (cassis) is probably my favorite nose-fruit, butfig, blackberry, strawberry, peach, pineapple, kiwi and the sweet citruses will grab me, too. Keep those green apples and cantaloupe-melons away from me though.

On Saturday, I wore an oldie-goodie: Chopard's Mira Bai, whose sweet pralines usually get the credit for its success, but that wouldn’t be meaningful without the tart contrast of the cassis.

I understand Evangeline's affection for the black currants in Eau de Charlotte, but EdC's just too adorable for mature, robust moi.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.