1 5.00%
  • Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche

3 15.00%
  • Chanel Platinum Egoiste

4 20.00%
  • Other / None

8 40.00%

Default Best Spring / Summer Scent for Me

Hello - I am looking to add another new scent from Chanel to my collection for spring and summertime use. I would like one that is long lasting, fresh, plesant, decent sillage but not overpowering, and appreciated by women. I'm thinking of one of the following: Bleu de Chanel, Allure Homme Sport, Allure Homme Sport, Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme, Allure Homme Edition Blanche, or Platinum Egoiste. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Sound Scents

Default Re: Best Spring / Summer Scent for Me

None
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

This is like the 18th million thread on which is the best chanel fragrances. Lol

Edition Blanche ftw tho.

From the list: Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    From the list: Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche
    Concur

Get Edition Blanche now, it'll be gone soon.

Banned

I know that it is not on your list, but do try:

Sycomore by Chanel - Upon application, one is treated to a stimulating wave of hesperidic notes, with their inherent tangerine, orange, bergamot and lemon flavors; aldehydes heigthen their sparkliness. Riding the crest of this citrus swell, haitian vetiver imparts its green and smoky facets. A faint anise bobs about. Carried to the waiting middle, fruity and shyly spicy pink pepper showers the airy and bitter vetiver, and is married with the fresh and clean woodiness of cypress, while a hint of sensual jasmine and haunting frankincense waft about. Transitioning to the welcoming base, creamy sandlewood, dry cedar and pine needle-like juniper encase the rooty vetiver, as delicate ylang-ylang lightly mists the lush and woodsy melange adding a trace of powder, and orris masterfully impregnates the concoction with its wet, earthy and slight violet-like facets. With a feebly sour and warm musk flickering, and a sweet and balsamic styrax adding a kiss of vanilla, an exquisite drydown ensues. This elegant composition befits a gentleman. A tasteful and refined, all-season fragrance, it has average projection and good longevity.

If limited to your list, then either:

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel
    - One is immediately greeted with a very fresh, citrus pas de trois by the tangy orange tree, the tart lemon tree and the zesty grapefruit. Warm pink peppercorn as well as a well-developed peppermint join in to make a very crisp cocktail as it flows to the waiting middle. Wonderfully, spicy and sweet nutmeg and a somewhat penetrating ginger, floating on an ethereal cloud of sweet jasmine, subsume the delightful opening. The lighthearted heart is drawn to the strong, woody base with its dry cedar and bright and fresh sandalwood, along with a smattering of evocative incense. The welcoming base is augmented by patchouli with its slight peppery, herbaceous aspects, vetiver with its earthy grassiness as well as radiant labdanum imparting a sweet and salty, vegetal, mossy facet. Thence, the resplendent base meanders to its soft drydown. Really an all-season scent thriving in spring, summer and fall, this mainstream scent is subtly nuanced enough to set it apart. This pleasantly refreshing composition has good longevity and good projection.

or

Allure Homme Sport by Chanel - I dare say it is one of best, overall, summer fragrances ... a fantastic journey from its sharp, orange, citrus opening, through its imaginative, peppery, neroli and cedar heart, thence morphing into its exquisite, creamy and sexy, white musk and vetiver base ...

I voted "Other" and would like to second Sycomore from Les Exclusifs, Eau de Cologne, and Bois des Iles (especially if you can find a vintage). Another vintage Chanel that is wonderful is Pour Monsieur - citrus chypre that is really nice in the summer. Classy citrus.

Dependent

From your list allure homme sport. Not from your list, i will agree with sycomore
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Blog Entries

From your list, Bleu de Chanel is the safest choice. Edition Blanche is getting a lot of love here on BN and it has been discontinued, so might as well consider it.

Edition blanche > PE > Bleu > AHS

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    None
    this!

Personally I'd go for Bois des Iles but I voted Bleu out of the above.

My vote goes to the one you left out; Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport (in the clear bottle). Wonderful, refreshing lemon with a tiny bit of tonka creaminess & a nice clean, soapy fresh drydown. It's easily my favorite from the Allure line.

I had a Chanel employee tell me that Bleu would work on a woman, and then offered me a spritz. I didn't want to wear it but asked her to put it on paper. anyone think it would work on a lady?

Quote Originally Posted by JanFume View Post
    I had a Chanel employee tell me that Bleu would work on a woman, and then offered me a spritz. I didn't want to wear it but asked her to put it on paper. anyone think it would work on a lady?
    sure why not