Code of Conduct

Default Similar to Drakkar Noir and Armani Code

Hello, I have been browsing around this site for a few months, and thanks to fellow members, I am starting to accumulate a decent sized collection of fragrances. I am not good with specific notes yet, although I have been trying to learn! My question is a request for fragrances similar to Drakkar noir and Armani code. I realize Drakkar noir is pretty "played out," so I was wondering what some modern options would be. Something I could wear at night at the bars or "clubs." Again, I'm not good with notes and all this, but I want a "dark" scent; "dark" is how I would describe code and Drakkar noir. Furthermore, I am a typical poor college student, so I am not yet ready to dive into the niche scents. So maybe $80 tops for one fragrance. The cheaper the better however! Also, what would these such "dark" fragrances classified as? I read it would be an aromatic fougere, but I am not certain if this is correct. Sorry for my extreme newbie-ness, and sorry if this question has been asked before! Looking forward to hearing any and all recommendations!

Default Re: Similar to Drakkar Noir and Armani Code

I have heard some say that Herrera Chic bears a resemblance to Armani Code although I don't personally see it.

Midnight in Paris smells similar to Armani Code.

I wouldn't say it is a clubbing scent tho, it does garner many compliments tho.

For clubbing scent I would suggest A*Men/Angel Men and Paco Rabanne One Million.

Banned

Styletto (for Drakkar) and Black Sun (Code).

Tsar by Van Cleef & Arpels (vintage) shares some notes with DK

Banned

try:

Narciso Rodriguez for Him by Narciso Rodriguez - Welcome to the Twilight Zone !! The paltry, note listing belies the complexity of this fragrance. Initially, one is bombarded with a lovely, sweet and woodsy violet, whose brilliance is amplified by aldehydes, an amazing, wet concrete, a graceful wave of petrichor, that special smell of earth, caressed by raindrops after a dry spell, a flint smell and an intense mustiness from the patchouli. This surreal melange is enshrouded by a wet, foresty lushness, with flittering specks of flavorful licorice. The welcoming heart kidnaps the explosive opening and fosters its taming. Lovely violet leaves, with their inherent freshness, inspire an equisitely extreme, green aura akin to grass clippings with a shading of cucumber. Versatile patchouli imparts it nutty and earthy facets. Seductive amber, with its deep, somewhat woody and vanillic dimensions, and white musk, with its dirty sweetness add some powderiness to the blend. The robust base overtakes this humbling middle, where the multifaceted patchouli raises its faintly peppery and herbal heads as well as its mulch-like property. Dry cedar, pencil shavings as well as camphoraceous pine supply intriguing woods. And, evocative, animalic musk, where fecal pellets from critters as well as pubic sweat harmonize, contributes to the fantastical drydown. This extremely masculine and unique composition has very good projection, 4-5 hour scent cloud, and longevity, 7-12 hours - easy on the trigger is the catchphrase here. This atypical fragrance is not for the faint of heart.

&

Encore Noire by Lalique
    - One is initially treated to a drenched, citrusy greenness, afforded by the haitian vetiver, which progresses to an earthiness somewhat akin to the saturated soil of a marsh littered with struggling greens. A warming greenness ensues, brought about by the bourbon vetiver. A duet of vetivers is consummated. From this green, damp and dirty duet, the bourbon vetiver overtakes with a burning, ember-like texture. In the distance, the cool crispness of cypress wood tantalizes, and the tempering heart beckons. Here, the spicy cypress wood stews lusciously with the wrestling vetivers, imparting a dry smokiness to the brew. Transitioning to the soothing base, a sweetness from the cashmere wood taints the subdued vetivers, and combines with a sensual musk to impart a wonderful, dry and animalic woodiness. This exquisite fragrance has a refined and complex uniqueness. A true gem, this high-quality scent has good projection and very good longevity, and warrants your indulgence.

&

Maybe Hugo Boss Soul? It has that dark feel a bit. Although IMO there are few scents that I can think of that has the same dark/dirty almost raunchy edgde that Drakker Noir has. That's one of the reasons I adore DN.

I would stick to Armani code for clubs. MiP is good alternative and smells slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have heard some say that Herrera Chic bears a resemblance to Armani Code although I don't personally see it.
    I agree with them - CH Chic has some notes and a dusty scent in common with Armani Code.
    Also try Bvlgari BlV Pour Homme and Burberry Touch. Midnight in Paris is a more feminine version of Code.

Drakkar Noir - for a modern version of this, try the more toned down YSL L'Homme and Chanel Allure Homme.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

I'd like to open up this post again because I am looking for the same thing, however, not on a small budget. Anyone have any other suggestions?