Code of Conduct

Default Ambre narguile vs tonka imperiale vs Git

Hello guys today at 3pm my roadtrip to Vegas from Vancouver . I have only smelled git and love it and my wife loves it also when I used the sample today even my father in law complimented on it. I wana know longivety and projection on tonka imperial and ambre narguie better than git ? And if you had the choice which you would buy and why? Please share

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Default Re: Ambre narguile vs tonka imperiale vs Git

Ambre Narguilé is definitely the strongest of the three.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    Ambre Narguilé is definitely the strongest of the three.
    Agreed, but GIT is by far the better smell (in my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    Agreed, but GIT is by far the better smell (in my opinion)
    They're totally different. As much of a GiT fan that I am, sometimes you need a gourmand to spice up your evening! (and AN will spice up the evening and the day after, LOL).
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Ambre narguile vs tonka imperiale vs Git

They're all very very different.

GIT is astounding in its genre.

The same goes for TI but I personally prefer Fourreau Noir for a tonka.

And AN is nice but a bit too sweet for me. The name is a huge misnomer. Narguile (aka Sheesha) doesn't smell like this. Even the molasses-heavy tobacco types.

for swap/sale:

Ambre N is Gorgeous so is Tonka I.
    Ambre is airy
    Tonka I. Thick, resinous,

I love both! Wonderful frags.

AN - Lovely but to much apple pie vibe for me.
    TI - Again smells great but it reminds me of marzipan on a cake.
    GIT - This one is great I feel totally comfortable wearing it.

All three are nice and worth owning IMO.

OP, I would add whichever one would complement your current wardrobe the most. If you have a lot of gourmands already, then I'd probably lean towards GIT. If you have a lot of fresh daytime frags, then I'd lean towards TI or AN.

Also, if you know you love GIT, as does your wife, then that accounts for something. Surely a safer buy while you search for AN and TI samples. And GIT can be had for cheaper than the others.

I would go with GIT. I find Ambre Narguille way too thick and syrupy to wear and Tonka Imperial, while interesting, not very versatile. And considering you and everyone around you seems to love GIT , you can't go wrong with it.

Banned

Tonka Imperiale by Guerlain - One is initially treated to a dulcet, marzipan-like accord, fashioned from the bittersweet bergamot, the nutty almond, and sweetish honey. Mint-like rosemary, with its faint terpenic aspect, wonderfully tempers the sweet accord. Transitioning to the middle, a billowing tonka bean imparts its spicy vanillic facet to the opening brew. A plume of fruitiness and dimmed smokiness from tabacco as well as a shadow of tutti-frutti jasmine swirl about. A drizzle of delectable heliotrope, with its delicate, caramel sweetness, presents. Segueing to the perfecting base, the tonka bean takes on an amber-like creaminess, and commingles with the balsamic menthol of pine. A fresh and somewhat sweet woodiness from cedar permeates the blend, while resiny, smoky, and slightly sweet incense sparkles here and there. A drydown of epicurean delight ensues. Possessing average projection and longevity, this entrancing gourmand composition is well-crafted and unisex.

Ambre narguile - great longevity and great smell. maybe not ideal for spring and summer. Opening of spicy cinnamon is amazing and I find the dry down similar to musc Ravageur...(and you know how crazy people go over MR)

Banned

Love love love Tonka Imperiale. BUT it smells too feminine imo. But if you don't think so, totally recommend this one.
    Does anyone else get an air freshener vibe out of GIT? Maybe it was groundbreaking at the time, but it is too common of a smell nowadays.

AN - Great for fall/winter, cool nights, great longevity.
    GIT - The most versatile of the three. Can wear it with suit and tie, or t-shirt and jeans. spring/summer even fall/winter. Can be found for cheap online.
    TI - fall/winter not a huge fan of this fragrance.

Basenotes Junkie

Own both GIT and Ambre Narguile, and I LOVE both.

The thing is, GIT is a perfume you can wear at almost any time, and just feel good and smell "in sync" with everything. It's not extreme, it's not cloying, it's pretty low-key but still smells hands down fantastic. I feel I can wear it at ANY time and be happy. I sort of forget I have it from time to time, then come back to it and it lets me relax, somehow.

Ambre Narguile is way sweeter, an evening scent. That being said, I don't find it too sweet like some other gourmands. AN is more or less perfectly balanced, and I get loads of that fantastic armagnac-flavor I just love.

Bottom line - huge differences in perceived wearability, but I adore both and wouldn't be without any of them. I haven't tried TI, but I suspect it'll be too heavy and sweet for me.