Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • DHI (new)

16 41.03%
  • LIDGE

23 58.97%

Hybrid View

Default DHI (new version) vs LIDGE?

I know this has been posed many times before but let me ask this stripped down Q./Poll please? If your one and only priority is as a single guy is to wear the more romantic of the two scents and are not overly concerned with how it wears and all the various notes. Which gets your "head to head" vote for praise from the opposite sex?
    Last edited by peake1; 3rd May 2012 at 06:49 PM.

Default Re: DHI (new version) vs LIDGE?

L"Instant De Guerlain Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    +1 It towers over the new DHI and just looks down on its better brother DHI vintage.lol

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    +2, I've done a few side-by-side experiments asking for female opinions and it's won every time. This of course is with DHI vintage though

Dhi

Dior Homme Intense

DHI will get you laughed at. Seriously, the stuff is an embarrassment to wear. Ignore the viral marketing on Basenotes.

LIDGE is a patchouli bomb, make no mistake about that, but still a thousand times better than DHI.

I like DHI from the moment I spray it onto myself. I wore it to work and a girl there seemed to like it, and she asked me what I was wearing. LIDGE, on the other had, I don't like the beginning, but I really like the middle and base notes.

Lidge.

I love both but I get more compliments wearing DHI (yes the reformulation is still an awesome scent)

Lidge

This is a tough one but I voted LIDGE

Both are great. LIDGE is just greater. The cocoa note is more edible than the one in DHI. It's more masculine as well. The new DHI 86's the lipstick note after 20-30 minutes, but it's still there, whereas LIDGE is more masculine all throughout. DHI is still fantastic, but LIDGE wins this round.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Well, trusting your noses opinions and blind buying today based on the votes. I thank-you and hope the better of the two "helps" project the right image along with all the other "more important" features.
    peake1 - excited to break free from the dept store counter frags.

I'm somewhat relieved you made the right choice, peake1.

Another blind buy Basenoter saved from the cheap, synthetic nastiness that is DHI. Have a great weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    I'm somewhat relieved you made the right choice, peake1.

Another blind buy Basenoter saved from the cheap, synthetic nastiness that is DHI. Have a great weekend
    Is someone paying you for spreading hate against DHI ? I see that like every 5th of your post is DHI bashing. Maybe just chill out and accept that different people have different tastes...
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Maybe i should ask you the same question, dreamer? Nice Avatar/sig btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    Maybe i should ask you the same question, dreamer? Nice Avatar/sig btw.
    Thanks for asking. Yep. Dior pays me $5 per post with signature and $100 for every new thread about DHI. Just check my post history.

Now seriously. I dont think that anyone is pushing here Dior or any different brand. Maybe there are more than average amount of topics about Mugler flankers but I dont think that someone is trying to hype here anything.

My zodiac sign is libra and I hate liars and dirty marketing maybe even more than you. You must always trust your nose and not someone else review so buying fragrances blind (especially vintage versions for more than they are worth) is not smartest thing you can do. You bought DHI blind and didnt like it. Just suck it up. You are not only person here that blind bought fragrance that didnt live up to hype.

Good advice that I read here is that before you blind buy anything you read all NEGATIVE reviews first.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Hey Tropics, what happened between you and DHI? Some bad experience? Because that kind of a hate is not funny anymore. What happened?

Hello, Limaaa. It's no big deal, mate. I was persuaded to buy it blind because of Basenotes glowing reviews believing it may be something special. What i discovered was one of the worst smelling frags i've ever encountered. I asked plenty of peoples opinions and not one person liked it. It's too synthetic, cloying and feminine. Now i'm absolutely convinced that Basenotes is being abused with viral marketing tactics, which is a shame, but it happens on all internet forums for all products.

I just like to tell it how it is and i can't imagine for a minute that anyone could possibly be offended by my opinion, it's only a frag

I don't understand why these fragrances are frequently compared on Basenotes ( LIDGE vs DHI ) as they're very different...?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    I don't understand why these fragrances are frequently compared on Basenotes ( LIDGE vs DHI ) as they're very different...?
    B/c both are classy, elegant, cocoa based fragrances in EDP strength that retail for around the same price range. Even the bottles are smoked black.

And you can never trust the hype on here or Youtube reviews. I blind bough a small decant of Musc Ravageur thinking it would be the most heavenly thing I've ever laid my nose on, but it just smells like something an older guy would have worn in the 70's. It's not bad, but it's nowhere near as good as it was hyped up to be. DHI and LIDGE just happened to be the "in" frags not long ago on here. Both are good for sure, but both are definitely put on a pedestal.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    B/c both are classy, elegant, cocoa based fragrances in EDP strength that retail for around the same price range. Even the bottles are smoked black.

And you can never trust the hype on here or Youtube reviews. I blind bough a small decant of Musc Ravageur thinking it would be the most heavenly thing I've ever laid my nose on, but it just smells like something an older guy would have worn in the 70's. It's not bad, but it's nowhere near as good as it was hyped up to be. DHI and LIDGE just happened to be the "in" frags not long ago on here. Both are good for sure, but both are definitely put on a pedestal.
    Yep, I sure noticed the hype!

I had both for some time. To put it simply, DHI is 'warm' and sweet and LIDGE is 'cool' and moderately sweet. I wouldn't lump them together because they've both got a bit of cocoa in or they have smoked bottles... as people seem to be doing. They smell very different.

The new Dior Homme Intense is so underrated, for me it's on par with the old, not that much different, which is still good enough to hold off L'Instant Extreme, which is a legend in its own right.

Dependent

Tough one but I would pick DHI if youre talking about romantic nights and all. Not that LIDGE isnt sexy, but to me, its more formal as compared to DHI. Then again, thats just mu opinion
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by teemas View Post
    Tough one but I would pick DHI if youre talking about romantic nights and all. Not that LIDGE isnt sexy, but to me, its more formal as compared to DHI. Then again, thats just mu opinion
    I agree.

They're tied now. Quick, somebody vote for LIDGE!

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

It“s impossible for ME.

I love BoTH

Voted for LIDGE because I enjoy it.

I also thought DHI made me smell like a giant lipstick man

Lidge.

I wonder if the poll was just Dior Homme Intense vs L'Instant Extreme what the outcome will be. The "reformulated" and original Dior Intense are really not that different (average person wouldn't detect a difference I bet), it's mostly psychological..