Code of Conduct

Default So I was searching around for Summer Fragrances and here's what I have learned.

What I got out of my research was..

1. Christian Dior Homme Sport
    2. Channel Allure Edition Blanche
    3. Creed: Green Irish Tweed

Does anyone disapprove or have other suggestions? By the way I live in Texas if that helps. Getting close to Summer.

Anyone care to explain to me what I should be looking for in a summer fragrance? How do I know it performs well during the summer? Just through experience or is there some kind of key ingredient?

Default Re: So I was searching around for Summer Fragrances and here's what I have learned.

GIT is a good one.

Default Re: So I was searching around for Summer Fragrances and here's what I have learned.

I like your three and I'll add Limon de Cordoza by The Different Company as another suggestion.

Light / citrus fragrances are usually recommended for summer.

Edition blanche and GIT are awesome!

You can go for L' Eau D' Issey PH by Issey Miyake for a summer fragrance.It is way better than those niche summer fragrances and it is a very safe blind buy.The best thing is that it lasts and projects the best among all summer fragrances.
    Fresh and citrusy in the top notes and becomes fresh and woody in the dry down.

why are citrus fragrances best for summer? I would think they would burn off faster . . . ?

I'd say that the best colognes for summer are those that are "synergistic" with scents/fragrances that you'd associate with summer.. citrus, aquatic, and "fresh" scents come to mind.

Go to TJ Maxx and get some Nautica Voyage for 20 bucks.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Quote Originally Posted by padhee83 View Post
    You can go for L' Eau D' Issey PH by Issey Miyake for a summer fragrance.It is way better than those niche summer fragrances and it is a very safe blind buy.The best thing is that it lasts and projects the best among all summer fragrances.
    Fresh and citrusy in the top notes and becomes fresh and woody in the dry down.
    Man I hate this stuff, smells like cat piss on my skin. Wouldn't recommend blind buying it.

To op all three of those are good, my favorite would be Dior homme sport and edition Blanche. Like heperd said check out nautica voyage.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Go to TJ Maxx and get some Nautica Voyage for 20 bucks.
    This.....^^^^^^^can't beat the bang for the buck.

Also L' Eau D' Issey PH by Issey Miyake is not a safe blind buy. I get more florals than citrus.

Allure Edition Blanch is great btw. Lemon meringue pie.

Sound Scents

GIT is the only one of those three I can recommend.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Really can't in my right mind recommend Dior Homme Sport (one guys opinion) Do check out Millesime Imperial though.

Halston Z-14 and I-12.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mens Cologne Hub View Post
    I'd say that the best colognes for summer are .... scents/fragrances that you'd associate with summer.. citrus, aquatic, and "fresh" scents come to mind.
    I tend to agree.

Try:

Aqua Fahrenheit by Christian Dior - This is a considerably toned down version of the original, masterpiece Fahrenheit. No negative connotation is implied or should be taken; rather, this is a distinctive composition, somewhat bright and fresh, with ties to the original.
    Initially, one is treated to a blast of sparkling grapefruit, with its sour greenness, tempered by a hint of sweetness from the mandarin. This invigorating, citrus melange is drawn to the heart by a nascent mint. Here, in the heart, the cool spearmint comes into its own with its sweet, green facets, and commingles with violet leaf, with its intense freshness and a hint of cucumber. Basil infuses the refreshing blend with a lively dusting of its lemon-like, savory herb. A very faint undercurrent of petro/gasoline can be sensed. Transitioning to the base, a rather ordinary, woods accord presents, and interplays with a light, almost airy, Haitian vetiver as well as a subtle leather. A placid drydown ensues. This high-quality composition is bright and fresh, and should prove to be very versatile. Having average projection and longevity, this scent will, indeed, shine in the spring, summer and fall.

&

Gai Mattiolo Uomo by Gai Mattiolo - Upon application, one is treated to an invigorating wave of hesperidic notes, with their citrus highlights of lemon, bergamot, tangerine and orange. A touch of neroli with its spicy, overripe orangey aspect also presents, while star anise imparts its sweetish, smoky licorice and slightly woody facets. This fascinating melange floats on a cloud of perfumed hedione, with its tinge of citrusy jasmine and woods, and wafts to the awaiting middle. Here, in the pleasing heart, the opening mix is subsumed by a somewhat bracing concoction of lively and woody pepper, menthol-ish clary sage and nutty coriander. A sweet rose presents as well. An oceanic fucus provides an undertone of salty, aquatic plant life. Transitioning to the waiting base, the aquatic brew is encased by creamy and delicately balsamic sandalwood as well as honeyed and slightly smoky guaiacwood. A fresh-linen musk, akin to a fabric softener dryer sheet, showers the woods, and leads to a refreshing drydown. This pleasant, masculine composition is ideal for spring and summer, and has average projection and very good longevity. Given its inexpensive price point, it's a must have.

&

L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo
    - Initially, one is treated to a biting and sparkling blast of yuzo, somewhere between a grapefruit and a mandarin orange, with its lemon-like tangy and floral aspects. This sharp and bright citrus slowly pairs with ho leaf, which tinges the pseudo-lemon with its spicy and sweet, floral and rosewood overtones, yielding an almost lemon, furniture polish accord, morphing the stark citrus into a luscious smoothness. The refreshing, watery middle beckons. Here, in the heart, the pseudo-lemon is immersed in a bath of lotus flower, with its lovely, water lily greenness with a hint of mint, sharp and fresh ozone notes, as well as refreshful aquatic notes, with its faint, marine and mint accord, and steeps into a soothing lemonade. Pleasant white musk usurps the cool blend into the awaiting base, imparting its sweet and floral facets, and its cohort, green pepper, adds a kiss of earthiness before meandering to the light and airy drydown. A wonderful fragrance to be turned to in the heat of the summer, this fresh and crisp composition is a vibrant, green, lemony and woody scent, and has average longevity and projection. In the sweaty dog days of the summer, you need this!

Cool Re: So I was searching around for Summer Fragrances and here's what I have learned.

And I agree with dollarsandscents, esp b. Gai Mattiolo Uomo

The problem is it may be difficult to test. Are the stores in the mall still carrying this one?

If money is no object, you could get Selection Verte by Creed for a mere $400 these days, far superior to Green irish Tweed, imho. Even in Texas it cools you off---but back to financial reality-let's see; others that may work and that are probably available to test

1.Guerlian Vetiver---Vetiver is an acquired taste but at least you'll be able to smell it on you before you buy it.

2. Damn it! I can't think of others readily available at a large dept store or mall.
    Well, if you want to go by our reviews look up (NO they're not anywhere as expensive as Selection Verte)

A. Versace l'Homme ( not to be confused with Versace pour Homme) by Versace
    B. Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermes
    C. Lowe Para Hombe by Lowe
    D. Infusion by Bombay Sapphire--Yep, Guess what this smells like.

Most anything with the 'key ingredient' of verbena. But it's still trial and error. Anyway, try before buying if at all possible.
    Spray on the skin, go out into the heat and see how it works an hour later. Under great heat I prefer Himalaya rather than GIT among the Creeds, but that's just me.

Good luck, and welcome to the house of addiction!

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Cartier Roadster

Minty fresh scent. Leans more casual IMO.