Code of Conduct

Default Question about perfume

hey everyone, long-time lurker, first time poster here. i'm new to fragrance and it's something that has interested me for a while but just never had a chance to get into it. I currently wear Chanel No 5 (it was a gift) and I also have Country Chic from Bath and body works. I like No 5 and wear that one when I'm out on a date with a man or with friends. the other one is just a casual one but I'm not as crazy about it as when I bought it.

I'm a 42 year old woman and I'd like to know what else out there is like No 5. I feel a little old to be so out of the loop on perfume, but I spent a long time focused on my career and let the rest of me go on autopilot. Everyone here seems to know so much about perfume so I thought I'd put it out there. i'd really like to wear something similar to No 5, but maybe not as strong. I know from reading that k de Krizia is one that sometimes is compared. are there any others?

Thanks!

Jan

Blog Entries

Default Re: Question about perfume

I am new myself and would like to say, Welcome, just the same. There is one perfume "flying under the radar" because it is advertised with a complicated campaign, but nevertheless this one is a gem.

TAUER PERFUMES - Tableau de Parfums - MIRIAM

I love it. I cannot relate to that character but the scent is outstanding. Read the Scoop at LuckyScent - where you can buy it, or get a sample. Read the reviews at Lucky Scent. Here is that link:

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...ms/Miriam.html
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Thank you, Ursula! Miriam looks really good. I thought I had read somewhere about this line - they're naming all the perfumes after women (?)

I see the notes list . . . so this is similar in feeling to No 5? The description definitely makes it seem so!

Hey Jan !

Really, if you hang around here any amount of time, you won't be out of the loop for long !

You might want to post this question on the womens fragrance board, with something in the title of your post that refers to your specific question. There's gals there who are sure to be able to steer you in the right direction.

And...maybe steer you in some totally new directions as well !

Welcome to Basenotes

Thank you bird! I know right, this is the place to learn about perfume it seems. it amazes me how many people here know so much about it. it's a little intimidating actually, I haven't familiarized myself with all of the more exclusive/niche types of scent brands, but some of them friends of mine are into, so guess I'm not totally in the dark.

I'm going to re-try this question in the women's board and see what happens. Thanks again!

Blog Entries

Hi JanFume, l'm no expert on No5, but just wanted to say welcome to basenotes! l'm sure you'll get lots of helpful suggestions.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

I am confused. We are holding a peaceful conversation about perfumes that might resemble Chanel No. 5, and looking at this thread this morning, I notice that

JanFume has a notation next to her name Banned .

What is going on ??
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Banned

Yes, I am surprised the Thread is still functional.