Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default Neroli Portofino Brown Bottle?

I don't like how the new turquoise bottle looks. Do they still carry the brown ones or have they been discontinued??

Default Re: Neroli Portofino Brown Bottle?

Ive only seen the blue. Whats wrong with the blue glass?, it fits the frag perfectly.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Banned

the brown one just looks more classy imo :P

Agreed - I'm still curious why they singled this one out for a color change, though.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Ive only seen the blue. Whats wrong with the blue glass?, it fits the frag perfectly.

That blue bottle of NP is beautiful! I like the brown ones too, but man that NP really stand out.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I think it's just a case of TF having changed the bottle, so brown bottles would be slightly older juice.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

Banned

i don't mind the older juice.. but wow, i didn't realize i was in such a minority in not liking the blue bottle

Quote Originally Posted by diorhommeintense View Post
    i don't mind the older juice.. but wow, i didn't realize i was in such a minority in not liking the blue bottle
    I prefer the brown one too.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

I'm sure you could find it if you looked hard enough.

for swap/sale:

Maybe the color of the bottle was changed to better reflect the locale of the fragrance title, but have no idea.

I think I read they did I minor reformulation with the blue bottle. I was just able to pick up a brown bottle maybe a week ago just by chance. If you keep your eyes open for it you will eventually come across it. Check ebay and sales threads.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    Agreed - I'm still curious why they singled this one out for a color change, though.
    Neroli Portofino was (is) one of the best selling of the entire Private Blends line. When TF repackaged NP they did it to 'match' the ancillary body products that they created, for the scent: soap, shower gel, body scrub, body lotion and body oil. I think the packaging was quite beautiful and I remember drooling over them at Neiman Marcus.

I remember when these first came out, years ago, I tested all 12 of them...one per day, for 12 days straight. I like many of them right away and some I disliked right away, but I remember calling Neroli Portofino a 'modern 4711' and I don't think I have changed my mind. Just goes to prove that not necessarily the 'best' scents are the 'best selling' scents. The perfumer Ford chose, Rodrigo Flores-Roux, had a history of very popular, best-selling fragrances...many of which I absolutely detest (many of the Varvatos' masculines, the terrible TF Jasmine Rouge, Happy by Clinique) and also a few I enjoy (some of the Arquiste line, Black Cashmere by Donna Karan, the 'new' 2010 Fougere Royale reissue by Houbigant)

These days I constantly compare NP it to Anbar by Comme des Garcons which is drastically more affordable and just as good IMO.

OFF TOPIC: I would kill to have some of the other TF scents (Moss Breches, Velvet Gardenia, Tobacco Vanille) in soap or shower gel formulas. Although I don't think that's ever gonna happen, especially since two of these are discontinued.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

It is my understanding that Neroli Portofino was a limited edition. Some stores are selling it that way.

Is it a part of the regular collection?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    It is my understanding that Neroli Portofino was a limited edition. Some stores are selling it that way.

Is it a part of the regular collection?
    I think I see what you mean Primrose. On the Neiman Marcus website it says 'Limited' in the description of the EdP (all 3 sizes).

How confusing. This scent was released as one the 1st twelve back in 2007. It's been for sale for five years - that doesn't sound very 'limited' to me.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle