Code of Conduct

Default Freshman in High School... What would you wear?

It's my nephews b-day and I'd like to buy him an appropriate scent as he is a freshman in high school. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Freshman in High School... What would you wear?

Hi Tony,

I'd toss out some recommendations but could give better ones if you explained your nephew a bit. What's his personality like? Is he extroverted? Introverted? What are his interests, hobbies, and extracurricular activities.

Thanks

He's a pretty sharp kid with a bit of an attitude. For the most part, he is a home body, usually in his room playing video games. On occasion, he plays soccer and partakes in air gun battles with his friends. Just got his first job and is starting to take interest in girls. Hope this helps.

Versace Man Eau Fraiche, perfect for that age range and will definitely get him noticed

Lacoste Essential is another worthy option

Thanks for the info Tonysamos .

With that in mind I think Eau Fraiche is a good suggestion as Sidney recommended above. I also think Givenchy Play would fit the bill - it is a bit less fresh but a bit more 'sexy' than Eau Fraiche, imo. The thing I love about Play is that it's very versatile - it's a smooth orange (it has no real sharp edges like so many fresh or aquatic scents do) over a light woods and vanilla. It is a nice mix of two categories of scent: versatile and young freshness coupled with a sweet and attractive (to the girls, at least) gourmand side.

The other nice thing is that if he ends up liking Play, he could later pick up Play Intense which is somewhat similar but has more chocolate and patchouli in the mix. It is kind of the romantic/date-night counterpart to the regular version of Play.

Banned

Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka, 212 Men.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    ....Givenchy Play would fit the bill....
    The other nice thing is that if he ends up liking Play, he could later pick up Play Intense which is somewhat similar but has more chocolate and patchouli in the mix. It is kind of the romantic/date-night counterpart to the regular version of Play.
    I agree.

Play by Givenchy - Citrus abounds in the opening, with bergamot, mandarin orange, bitter orange and grapefruit. This wonderful interplay of semi-sweet and semi-bitter flavors, with an undercurrent of woods, is refreshing. The wrestling of the citrus and wood tumbles to its middle. The spicy heart usurps the citrus opening with its pepper, amyris wood and coffee flower, forming a musky, spicy and woody radiance, arousing a sexy aura. The oft-seen patchouli and vetiver base blends with the heart nicely, mellowing the woods and spice, and leads to its alluring drydown. This is a well balanced composition, and has very good longevity and projection.

RL Polo Blue
    Armani Code

What? No Muscs Koublai Khan?

+1 for Givenchy Play

Also I would suggest Lacoste Pure White. Sporty, sweet coconut tropical vibe. Lasted about 3hours when I first tried it...I had just come from the gym. When I tested it on 2 different occasions it lasted 6hrs on my skin. So longevity is sketchy with this one. Maybe a lil over priced for inconsistent longevity. Still I think its a perfect fragrance for high school aged students.
    Last edited by frostyicy; 4th May 2012 at 03:04 PM.

Burberry London

I would also suggest Givenchy Play. Good first fragrance, quality materials, not too juvenile, not too aggressive, pleasant, not too long lasting (teenagers live in short time spans), not likely to offend, good price point, very versatile, nice in warm weather.

I think any designer fragrance would just about make him stand out in that age group, when most kids are buying Pacsun and Hollister fragrances.

I think Givenchy Play is a great suggestion, maybe even Polo Black. CK One shock is also a good one, and Dolce & Gabbana The One is pretty fun. But all I did was go to Sephora's website and pick out the ones I liked..

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    What? No Muscs Koublai Khan?
    Yeah. The first spray would initiate him right into adulthood.

Abercrombie Fierce! Hell I'm in college and would love to have this in my collection, it's good stuff.

Definitely go with the heaviest musks and ouds you can find, preferably just pure oils. Nah, I'm kidding! For that age, there's nothing more appropriate than Aqua di Geo in my opinion. It's basically enough and universally accepted. I would also second Fierce. For a high school freshman, just wearing cologne is a novelty, so there's no reason to seek out anything uncommon or to find a unique signature scent. Whatever it is, teach him to use only a little, since he'll probably be in a classroom setting every day with people four feet away from him in every direction. Good luck! You're a good uncle!

Fuel For Life (Diesel)
    Dirty English (Juicy Couture)
    True Religion
    Escada's Sunset Heat for Men (Escada)
    Moon Sparkle for Men (Escada)
    Only The Brave (Diesel)

Tommy by Tommy HilFiger

I think someone young would prefer more well known designers (like Armani, CK, D&G, Chanel etc.). At least I know I did when I was in high school

+1 Fierce
    Armani Code
    D&G the One
    Fuel for life
    Allure Homme Sport

Ysl l'homme

The suggestions above are great. I would also like to add
    Bvlgari Aqva Marine
    Hugo Energize
    Burberry The Beat
    Paco Rabanne Black XS
    L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Intense

However, if I were you, I would take him to the store and let him decide on what he like since fragrances are very subjective. I remember I was given Acqua Di Gio when I was about his age and I hated it until now.

Ck One SHOCK

I'm not sure he'd appreciate the scents many of us love here so to be safe, something along the lines of A&F Fierce, Aqua di Gio, lacoste Essential, etc would suit him. L'homme would fit him too I think

+1 RL Polo Blue
    L'Homme Libre

Just wanted to thank you all for the suggestions. It was great to get out and put my nose on these scents. In the end, I selected Givenchy Play, and my nephew loved it.

Thanks again,
    Sami

Armani Acqua Di Gio or Versace Pour Homme would both be great & garner a lot of compliments from girls his age.

Oops, didn't see that you'd already chosen. Sorry. Another good one for later when it gets colder is Paco Rabanne's 1 Million. (maybe a future Xmas gift for winter).