Code of Conduct

Default Original vetiver vs bleecker street

Hey guys, I was impressed with your answers to the tobacco vanilla vs DHI thread so wanted to get your opinions on the above mentioned colognes.

I have a sample of original vetiver and really enjoy this one. It also has pretty good longevity for me. I would like to purchase a bottle but have also got my eye on bleecker street by bond no 9. Reading people's opinions on these fragrances I get the impression they are very similar, is this correct? How do the two fragrances differ?

Default Re: Original vetiver vs bleecker street

Not really similar to me, OV is soapy, not much vetiver, not really a fan honestly. I own Bleecker Street, it's interesting. To me it's much more enjoyable but that's just personal preference. It has a weird almost edible quality to it, probably from some combination of the blueberry, cinnamon, and vanilla, but none of them stand out. It's odd to describe it as a green gourmand but that's kind of what I get from it.

I just kind of think OV is a bit boring, or redundant for me I guess, it smells too similar to Mugler Cologne or Neroli Portofino, the later of which I enjoy more.

Idk how similar they are I have never worn nor smelled OV.

But I am wearing Bleecker St. today and all I am getting is cut grass...I don't get any vanilla and only a small small bit of the cinnamon. It does last all day. But it will be one that I will definitely not purchase especially for the price.

Everyone's nose is different tho. Many here love Bleeker St and hate Brooklyn. I love Brooklyn and could care less for Bleeker St.

Just my opinion.

Edit:

This fragrance lasts so damn long that it takes hours for it too dry down. It's a not complex scent yet definitely isn't linear.

Upon further wearing this fragrance is very good. Lasts all day projects well and it is a good clean/fresh green fragrance. I still don't get any vanilla, and I would not purchase for retail.

Yet from an online discounter I would definitely purchase. Still love Brooklyn and Like Bleeker a lot.
    Last edited by frostyicy; 9th May 2012 at 03:02 PM.

Bleecker Street actually reminds me more of Aventus than Original Vetiver. Not necessarily the top notes, but that smoky & musky birch dry down in Aventus reminds me of Bleecker Street's mid & base. I really personally don't get much of the fruity & grassy top notes in Bleecker on my skin. I get more of the sweet, smokey, green/musky base. At least the "ashier" batches of Aventus remind me of Bleecker St. They do share quite a few notes in the mid & base (vanilla, amber, oak moss, leather/suede).

All I know is when I sampled a bon bon of Bleecker, I was instantly reminded of one of the ashier batches of Aventus I had a decant of. I don't find Bleecker similar to O Vetiver at all though.
    Last edited by BrianH1016; 4th May 2012 at 07:50 PM.

thanks for the replies guys. OK it seems OV is not that similar to bleecker street then. The reason i thought they may be similar is that fresh green cut grass smell both of them are meant to have.

Quote Originally Posted by rollzst View Post
    thanks for the replies guys. OK it seems OV is not that similar to bleecker street then. The reason i thought they may be similar is that fresh green cut grass smell both of them are meant to have.
    Its does have that grass scent its strong grass too. I've been wearing it since 7 am just traveled home and when I hugged my mom she said you smell good...you smell like fresh grass and pine needles. Lol dead on description of bleecker.

As others have said, I find them very different also. I own the former and have tried the latter. Original Vetiver is much better IMO.

I have both and prefer Bleecker St.....
    Gary

Bleecker St. is VERY similar to Ralph Lauren's (now discontinued) Purple Label. If you happen to have smelled Purple Label - well, Bleecker is like that but a tiny bit more herbal and green. Very very similar though.