Code of Conduct

Default Need your help to identify this....

I recently bought a used bottle of gucci perfume on Tradera ( the swedish ebay) for 20 swedish crowns which is less then nothing. I have trouble identifying the scent and wondering if one of you can help me out. For me its a borderline male/female scent which does remind me of tabac blondbbutt i might be way of. It's a clear glass, see through (vintage?) bottle with a gold coloured round cap. On the cap are the gucci signs. The text on yhe bottle itself:
    GUCCI
    Eau fraiche
    Parfum 1
    Splash on
    Fl.oz.4.2 ml 125

Underneath the bottle it read in glass print:
    Gucci, fl.oz.4.2 ml 125
    Bottle made in Italy

Anybody any idea what this is ? Btw, it smells good, thanks for your help

Blog Entries

Default Re: Need your help to identify this....

I believe that there is a forum for vintage bottle collectors, if you got a photo to show them it might help out a bit.

I'll bet it's vintage from many years back. Never heard of that kind of description before on a Gucci bottle. In any case, the great news is that you like it.

According to info on The Perfumed Court, it is from 1984 and now discontinued. Notes of lily of the valley, patchouli and amber. I'm not sure if that info is correct.

I suspect that this could be the same as Gucci No. 1, which was released in 1974, but with the name slightly revised.

Eau fraiche would be a concentration level or style, similar to cologne.
    Last edited by noggs; 5th May 2012 at 03:52 AM.

Hmmm.....

I checked my collection and I have a bottle of this. It is a 60 ml EDP. The box clearly states Gucci Parfum 1. The bottle just has Gucci eau de parfum. The clear bottle is a tall oval shape with vertical ridges. The black cap has the traditional Gucci green and red belt around the bottom and the interlocking Gs on the top. The juice is a dark gold or amber color. I have always believed this to be the same as Gucci No. 1, but I don't have a bottle actually labeled as Gucci No. 1 to compare with.

It smells like an aldehydic floral to me, but also like a floral chypre. I don't know if it the same fragrance as the one you described, but it is named the same.

Thanks guys. Might indeed be the number 1 though the bottle seems different. I'll try to upload some picturesnlater today
    Have a nice weekend

Hi, I googled the Gucci number 1 and found a picture of a box that has the same typography and layout as my bottle. "Problem" solved. Allthough it's a feminine scent I'll wear it with pride. It does not last long, so no harm done lol.
    thanks again for your help.