Code of Conduct

Default Givenchy Play: Leather Edition?

Has anyone tried this new release by Givenchy?

Bottle can be seen here: http://www.harrods.com/product/given...=search-result

Here's the info about them at NST: http://www.nstperfume.com/2012/05/04...ew-fragrances/

"Givenchy has launched Les Créations Couture, a new set of five limited edition “revisited” fragrances inspired by lace (for the ladies: Very Irrésistible Givenchy Lace Edition, Ange ou Démon Le Secret Lace Edition and Organza Lace Edition) and leather (for the gentlemen: Pi Leather Edition and Play Leather Edition)."

"Exquisite variations of five iconic House fragrances, all reinterpreted by their creator, the “Les Parfums Couture” collection embodies the quintessence of Givenchy luxury. Exclusive for one season, their compositions are inspired by textural effects and “textile” sensations."

Anyone going to Harrods anytime soon? I'd love to hear more about this, as I actually really think Play is a good fragrance and the idea of adding leather to it is awesome.

Default Re: Givenchy Play: Leather Edition?

First ive heard of this. Im a fan of both Play and PI. Good to hear. Come to think of it, I dont recollect a leather note ive come across from givenchy.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    as I actually really think Play is a good fragrance and the idea of adding leather to it is awesome.
    I agree that Play ain't bad at all.
    It has awesome topnotes but after that it loses me. Boring drydown.
    If this is the original Play with some leather in it and nothing more, IDK...

Interested to try both of these... might just have to go blind

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    I agree that Play ain't bad at all.
    It has awesome topnotes but after that it loses me. Boring drydown.
    If this is the original Play with some leather in it and nothing more, IDK...
    Leather might make the drydown more interesting. This sounds like it's worth sampling.

I kinda like that bottle. Worth sampling I suppose. But Suppressor hit the nail on the head, Play opens quite nice, but gets freakin' borrrrring as it dries down.

Quite interesting

Yes, yes, but when is the Play: Leather and Whips Edition going to be available??

Wait wut?

Banned

wasn't aware of either ... thanks for the heads up SOS & d4N13L ...

Is this in Macys yet or will it be?

Sounds interesting.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

1st I've heard too. Thanks for the info., looking forward to trying them.

Hmmm.....this sounds interesting. I am not nuts for either Play or Pi, but heck, why not sample a leather flanker of each ?
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Looks awesome but pricey.

I actually tried this today on a whim. Bear in mind I have no idea what the original Play smells like, but Play Leather smelt somewhat like a variation of Bulgari Black. Somewhat rubbery, tonka-ish, and vanillic. I quite liked it. Reminded me of Midnight in Paris. I also tried Pi Leather, but regretingly my nose was working overtime and I couldn't smell a thing.

Looks interesting. Every house is jumping on the Prive, Exclusif, Collection wagon.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    I actually tried this today on a whim. Bear in mind I have no idea what the original Play smells like, but Play Leather smelt somewhat like a variation of Bulgari Black. Somewhat rubbery, tonka-ish, and vanillic. I quite liked it. Reminded me of Midnight in Paris. I also tried Pi Leather, but regretingly my nose was working overtime and I couldn't smell a thing.
    Thanks for the update. That's interesting as Play Intense had a rubbery/tarry chocolate. I wonder if the same effect was added to Play except going the vanilla rather than chocolate route.

Did you notice a smooth orange/mandarin citrus note up top? That's quite prominent in the original, along with a smooth and only slightly sour grapefruit note.

Very interesting!!! Thanks for the info!!!
    Gary

please guys tell me more especially about pi leather edition, some guys said that its the same as pi just in another bottle and others said its different now whom i should believe

Any word on this one or its release date ?

Finally tried this one at the bay definitely do get the blast of leather on the top notes quite synthetic and sharp. Afterwords settles into something more similar to Play Intense, and finally settling with Play with a faint leather note. Personally, not even close to being worth the extra cost. Get regular play instead (which is a fragrance i have recently learned to enjoy)
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Tested this out , and ..... it SUCKS, I mean really it is not worth the cost and a very poor usage of leather.

I Know the Givenchy line catches slack on some of these sites but I love Givenchy play and Get complimented on it when I wear it. I am looking forward to testing this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney_Falco View Post
    Yes, yes, but when is the Play: Leather and Whips Edition going to be available??

Wait wut?
    I'd blind buy that.

I tried as well and IMHO not worth the money as it is virtually the same as Play Intense. Keep in mind that Play and Play intense is such a synthetic fragrance that it must be very hard to change it "plastic" like direction.
    Yet the leather is present in the mixed mess during the first hour or so, not the best leather either but surely modern and psychedelic. To some extent it reminds me at a cocktail of knize ten+bulgari black+cheap vanilla+sweetener. Unwearable during daily and routinely life but good for clubbing.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.