Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Unhappy my taste =/ taste of my girlfriend :-)

so i got my new bottle of millesime imperial wich i love the scent of it!

i didnt tell her about my new fragrance , i put it on in my room , 10 second later she comes inside and tell me you smell good! (i am like *nice* she loves it and i love it 2) she didnt know it was a new fragrance btw

3 hours later we are at the store and she hug me and tells me: *Your shirt smells like an old lady today* i assume it was Mi that she smelled on me , because i didnt spray anything on my shirt. so... that single sentence turns me off lol i would be ambarassed to wear it again if she thinks it smells like an old lady , wich i can detect a little bit why , but it smells fresh and fruity

she loves my GiT and aventus

but after the 8th hours of wearing aventus she said: something smells like a fart ... she was not pointing me but she told that sentence about 2 times since i am wearing aventus. one time last week and another time 1 month ago , and i didnt fart lollll :-)

She loves GiT and never heard anything bad about it!
    lol

so ya... i am better buying Erolfa for summer ?
    and
    do you know any niche fragrances that smells fresh , crips , masculine and not 2 heavy like green irish tweed ?

Blog Entries

Default Re: my taste =/ taste of my girlfriend :-)

This is a touchy corner between you. But, if you could take yourself (and your feelings) out of this situation, and the moment she says something like "Old lady" "Fart" and sit down with her IMMEDIATELY and intelligently discuss. You sniff the spot where she says "whatever ....." and you intellectually pinpoint notes and hours passed, and you yourself keep checking and sniffing as if you were the perfumer testing ...

Then, IF it is true, that Aventus or Green Irish Tweed smell foul (which I doubt) it is a fact that they don't go with your skin. When she originally said, "nice" she smelled the top notes in the room.

NOW, YOU ARE DEALING WITH THE DRY DOWN. You have to find out, and then get other colognes/perfumes that suit your skin.

If she is wrong, and you (or others) appreciate that dry down, then she is wrong, and just "too bad".

This is a technical situation. Take the emotions out of it.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Perhaps you could try Montale Fougeres Marines

DEALBREAKER!!! Haha that's too bad. I have a hard time envisioning Millesime Imperial as smelling like old ladies and fart!

I think she farted and was trying to divert attention.

Here with me, she hates almost all classic fragrances like Azzaro, Antaeus, Brut and specially Kouros.
    I still wearing them, though. A relationship is made by 2 persons with different tastes, and each of them must have theis spaces.

Change your girlfriend not your fragrance as your choices are fine.lol

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    I think she farted and was trying to divert attention.
    Seriously. I'd almost guarantee this. Girls do this frequently.

As for MI smelling like old lady, I highly doubt that. It dries down to nothing remotely old lady. There's also no stage of Aventus that remotely resembles a fart. Stop worrying so much bro, just enjoy your fragrances!

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    Seriously. I'd almost guarantee this. Girls do this frequently.
    Fart or divert attention

Or maybe girls simply frequently fart & divert attention - more often than men
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

Seriously. I'd almost guarantee this. Girls do this frequentl
    Really? Is that your experience?

More likely she just didn't like your fragrance and picked what she thought was the best way to convey that. Using a certain amount of hyperbole works. She went for something that she knows will get your attention (and it works, as you're here asking for advice).

Analyzing exactly what part of the perfume she objects to, or trying to reason with her about notes, or telling her how expensive or objectively "good" the perfume is won't change her mind.

K

Nothing wrong with smelling like an old lady. Doesn't really say if the old lady in question smells good or bad.
    I'm sure she meant art, not fart. Enjoy your scents!

Quote Originally Posted by hopscotchy View Post
    do you know any niche fragrances that smells fresh , crips , masculine and not 2 heavy like green irish tweed ?
    I'd suggest not bothering with niche as most don't make this kind of fragrance. Aside from some Creeds have you tested Voyage d'Hermès or L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme Sport?
    I just wonder if you and your pocket aren't better served by checking out Jean-Claude Ellena fragrances and some aquatics and sports frags.

As for the girl, why don't you just talk to her directly about what she likes/dislikes fragrance wise? You'll just tie yourself in knots trying to decipher the meaning behind random comments.

Quote Originally Posted by hopscotchy View Post
    I keep thinking you should try Egoiste. The original, not the platinum. But think Laph might be right, on all counts.

Sounds like she likes the top notes more than the drydown. Just keep constantly reapplying. Half kidding. Maybe she just needs to get used to the fragrance, also it sounds like you are too embarrassed to mention anything. Explain that she must be used to really good smelling farts, and all the old people she hangs around must smell really pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    Really? Is that your experience?

More likely she just didn't like your fragrance and picked what she thought was the best way to convey that. Using a certain amount of hyperbole works. She went for something that she knows will get your attention (and it works, as you're here asking for advice).

Analyzing exactly what part of the perfume she objects to, or trying to reason with her about notes, or telling her how expensive or objectively "good" the perfume is won't change her mind.

K
    Uh, yeah.

It's been done since we were kids. Somone slips out an accidental fart, and blames it on someone or something else. You've never experienced this?

The two fragrances he's talking about don't resemble farts or old ladies at any stage of their progression.

If she's going to react like that get yourself a sample of Amouage Gold. Anything she compares after that should be favourable.

Uh, yeah.

It's been done since we were kids. Somone slips out an accidental fart, and blames it on someone or something else. You've never experienced this?

The two fragrances he's talking about don't resemble farts or old ladies at any stage of their progression.
    +1. She who smelt it, dealt it.

+1 @ this thread. Would read again