Code of Conduct

Default New Annick Goutal Nuit Etoilee (blue box, blue square bottle)- Anyone else tried this yet?

I just picked up this new 100ml release by Annick Goutal at Saks in NYC today. SA said it was just put out on shelves days before so I blind bought it, as I have all the duo releases in the square bottles. I really like it. Has anyone else tried it? Interested in hearing from both lovers and haters.

More info for what I bought found here: http://clearmag.com/fashion/annick-goutal-nuit-etoile/
    Last edited by hednic; 21st May 2012 at 01:01 AM.

Default Re: New Annick Goutal Noir Etoilee (blue box, blue square bottle)- Anyone else tried this yet?

I've been wanting to sample it because the bottle is ridiculously beautiful (Goutal has been doing some cool bottles lately, the purple one looks great too) and I think it's based on Van Gogh but the reviews I read on this one seemed to indicate it was rather floral which immediately would relegate to decant status for me. What are your initial impressions?

Default Re: New Annick Goutal Noir Etoilee (blue box, blue square bottle)- Anyone else tried this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by flouris View Post
    I've been wanting to sample it because the bottle is ridiculously beautiful (Goutal has been doing some cool bottles lately, the purple one looks great too) and I think it's based on Van Gogh but the reviews I read on this one seemed to indicate it was rather floral which immediately would relegate to decant status for me. What are your initial impressions?
    Not really great at picking out notes, but the opening for me was very citrusy which I like. I was also able to get the woody dry down, but my nose couldn't detect the peppermint. I didn't find it to be that floral.

I hope to sample it very soon. I put in an email to Annick Goutal re:samples a couple weeks back but never heard anything back so a Perfumed Court order may be in order if a magic sample pack doesn't arrive here in the next week or so. Peppermint is usually a dealbreaker for me, but if it's not detectable I should be safe

Smelled it on paper in perfume boutique today as the boutique had only one small sample. Just ordered a sample online should be here within few days
    What I smelled on paper was a promise of a wonderful scent

I was fortunate enough to get my mitts on a bottle on a recent trip. It is a beautiful soft AG scent. It may remind one of Eau de Sud. Its a definite unisex scent. I believe its going to be in heavy rotation for me this summer.

I believe that the evocation of an evening stroll near the forest is achieved. The use of peppermint seems to have been used to soften the fir and pine notes. Overall, I think its a winner.

Regards

Rex
    Last edited by trex57; 9th May 2012 at 02:27 PM.
    What do you call people that are afraid of Santa Claus?

Claustrophobic

Dependent

From the article:

Nuit Etoilée’s sparkling notes of Citrus fuse at the surface of the skin, followed by an invigorating note of Citron that mellows on contact with a touch of Sweet Orange. A chilled effect is intensified by Peppermint Oil, evoking the inevitable cool of nightfall. Even later, Wild Siberian Pine Needles and Balsam Fir transform into a comforting balm as the hours melt away. Finally, in the dead of night, the light of the stars brings a warm glow as the fragrance takes on a spicy hint of Angelica Seeds while everlasting flowers prolong the sensation of delicious warmth.
    Angelica Seed is sublime, and underused. It's an expensive essential oil. I use it in my favorite all-natural composition. I could see it mixing very well with the fenugreek-ish Immortelle. I'm curious to try this one for sure. I wonder what the Fir is mixed with in the drydown. Considering it's unisex, I would assume vetiver and amber.

Dependent

Correction: hednic, I recommend changing the subject of this thread to the correct name:

Nuit Etoilée

not "Noir" -- Starry Night, not Starry Black

Default Re: New Annick Goutal Nuit Etoilee (blue box, blue square bottle)- Anyone else tried this yet?

nuit etoilee, my first love from Annick Goutal

Last edited by happyscent; 16th February 2014 at 01:39 PM.

Default Re: New Annick Goutal Nuit Etoilee (blue box, blue square bottle)- Anyone else tried this yet?

Interested in this one. Always looking for a good mint scent. Is the mint prominent happyscent?

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Interested in this one. Always looking for a good mint scent. Is the mint prominent happyscent?
    yes it is mint - the mint plays in the first spray and in the heart of the fragrance; the mint tames the pine and fir and do no let the everlasting flowers smell too sweet; is minty-piny-woody

Thanks happyscent. Looks like I will have to investigate further.