Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

Default Re: HELP! I'm in the market for my first niche'. It needs to be a citrus scent for the warm months.

You should try sel de vetiver

Banned

Default Re: HELP! I'm in the market for my first niche'. It needs to be a citrus scent for the warm months.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Sel Marin is great ....
    +1, and try:

Fleurs de Sel by Miller Harris - Initially, one is pleasantly immersed in an herbal deluge of red thyme, with its camphoraceous and woody facets, rosemary, with its linalool and coniferous aspects as well as clary sage, with its dry greenness and salty character. This remarkable accord conjures a parched, salt marshland, and meanders to the awaiting middle. Here, in the majestic heart, free-spirited wildflowers are added to the mix with the rich, floral elegance of narcissus, the spiciness of rugosa rose, as well as the stateliness of iris. The revised melange takes on a seaside splendor. Magical ambrette, with its fruity and oily, inoffensive muskiness supplies a benign undertone. Transitioning to the waiting base, a refreshing medley of relaxed and aged driftwood, luxurious and scented suede, smoky and green oakmoss as well as dry and salty vetiver, coaxes to the alluring drydown. This bewitching composition is basically a skin scent, with average longevity, but is nonetheless singular.

&

Sel de Vetiver by Different Company - Upon application, one is treated to a refreshing mixture of tangy grapefruit commingling with the mild spiciness of cardamon. A vetiver undercurrent imparts its reedy and grassy facets, and carries the almost airy opening to its metamorphic heart. Here, parsley-like liveche imparts its celery-like and faintly anise facets and interplays with the cardamon to foster a medicinal and salty illusion, while geranium add its lemony and slightly peppery, herbaceous quality. And, a creamy floralcy from ylang-ylang flutters about the fragrant, rooty and woody aspects of a pronounced vetiver. Transitioning to the comforting base, iris with its violet-like and powdery character interplays with a musty, yet peppery, earthiness from patchouli. Salicylates impart a faint odor of sunbathing lotion, while the smoky aspect of the vetiver now comes into its own. A mellow drydown ensues. This somewhat light composition have average projection and longevity.

I'd add Amouage Ciel Man, it reminded me of MI but I like Ciel a little better.

Erolfa and Virgin Island Water are good choices from the Creed line.

Bond No. 9's Coney Island is a good versatile fragrance with citrus in it... margarita mix!

Or try Batucada from L'Artisan... It's basically Creed's Virgin Island Water minus the coconut.

Another... Palermo from Byredo.

Dependent

I love Bond no 9 Little Italy-awesome citrus, as well as Diptyque Oyedo-It's a hard candy sort of citrus which is really awesome and different, and, for a niche is very cheap-$110 for a 100ml.

Miller Harris Tangerine Vert worked pretty well for me, and maybe even Czech and Speak Citrus Paradisi

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    I'd add Amouage Ciel Man, it reminded me of MI but I like Ciel a little better.
    I 2nd Ciel Man. Unbelievable for summer. Very original (at least to my nose), haven't smelled anything else like it.

Try Silver Mountain Water. Or if you wanna blow your friend away, get Aventus.

Do you know anything about this guy? These prices are outstanding, and I could potentially receive three 50ml bottles of Creed for $200. The only thing is, I don't see any feedback on him or his channel outside of a few youtube comments. He doesn't seem as official as some other split threads I've seen here on Basenotes.