Code of Conduct

Red face YSL Live Jazz Longevity

Hello i'm new here. I've been reading alot about Live Jazz's longevity.. and in my opinion it's great...i'm here sitting in front of my comp. and it's 12 hours after applying, and i still get occasional whifs from it. it's not really warm where i'm at..maybe 18 C, (dunno how many F is that)..but still i think that it's great for what you're paying... i wonder what is Your experience with this frag. (sorry for my english

Default Re: YSL Live Jazz Longevity

Hello and welcome! Why do I think you're from Brazil?

The longevity is great on Live jazz. Easily 10+hrs on me.

I get seven to eight hours from it. This is the most refreshing scent to wear in the heat.

Banned

Live Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent, an awesome, all-season composition, has average projection, after an hour becoming a skin scent, and longevity, 5-8 hours. Yet, considering its favorable price point and wonderful versatility, an enthusiastic "thumbs up" is warranted.

&

I get 10+ hours! Great for longevity!!

@ tonghpafu i'm not from Brasil, i wish i was lol thanks for your replies guys, i'm glad i'm not alone..i just wonder why ppl say that Live Jazz got poor longevity...in my opinion it has quite outstanding longevity.

I get great longevity with this.

how about the freshness in the opening, does it last throughout the scent or does it fade quickly?

Blog Entries

I envy those who experience great longevity with Live Jazz. The first time I had this, it didn't last on my skin. One hour, maybe two max, was all I got. I like the scent so I decided to revisit and purchased it last month. Waiting for warm spring or hot summer days to come so I can wear it and test its lasting power.

The opening fades quickly...for me, the mint note is faint from the start and it disappears in seconds...people always refer to this frag as a minty frag, but to me it is ALL about the Cilantro/Coriander and very little about the mint. It's a strange fragrance that is fresh yet quite warm at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    The opening fades quickly...for me, the mint note is faint from the start and it disappears in seconds...people always refer to this frag as a minty frag, but to me it is ALL about the Cilantro/Coriander and very little about the mint. It's a strange fragrance that is fresh yet quite warm at the same time.
    I don't get much mint either. But still feels very fresh

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    I don't get much mint either. But still feels very fresh

The opening doesn't last long, but to me, that's a plus, as it's loud and harsh. It settles quite nicely into a very masculine fresh cilantro-like scent that took me a little to 'get', but now it's one of my favorites, especially as the weather warms up in my corner of the globe. The drydown into the base lasts a good 8 hours on me (one spray on upper chest/lower neck) and doesn't project loudly, but anyone getting close gets a pleasant surprise. In my top 20 for designers, no doubt.

I get 7-9 hours if I apply it correctly - 2 sprays on top of each other on chest area, 2 sprays directly on top of each other to left neck, 2 sprays directly on top of each other to right neck and a spray behind the neck and I get solid 7-9 hours longevity from YSL Live Jazz, sometimes even 10 hours.

People complaining about longevity often don't spray enough - 2-3 sprays only works with power house frags like Le Male, Kouros and Opium and frags like that in that genre.
    Watery citrus frags by their very nature don't have the same projection, so layer sprays on top of each other or spray your cloths for better longevity. If you have dry skin, use a moisturer on your skin first and then apply the fragrance to that area.

It's all about doing the right things to prolong longevity and maximize projection
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

I get a good 8+ from Live Jazz. And man, it really shines in this part of the year.