Code of Conduct

Cool Is there any guy here who wears Habanita?

Hi boys! I would like to know if Habanita is good. Can it be worn by men? Thanks.

Default Re: Is there any guy here who wears Habanita?

Absolutely! Habanita is fantastic! Enjoy!

Yes and yes.
    Click to view my swap thread (L'Occitane and Tam Dao products going):

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...mp-body-lotion

Embedded in the reviews is a statement close to "A man that wears Habit Rouge could wear Habanita" or something somewhat similar. I agree.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

It is better than good and very wearable!

I wear it and am male (and usually wear men's clothes).

Really wereable....excent Vetiver with powdery and vanillic notes...Awsome. Any time I wear it people tell me about how fantastic and "manly" I smell....

Yes, I own it and it absolutely can be worn by men but...I don't find it as wearable as the others here do. It is very heavy and hard to wear for about the first hour or so. I like old school fragrances as much as anybody on Basenotes but Habanita is one that is just a step out of my comfort zone. It is probably a great fragrance, though, and should be tried by aficionados. If you've tried Bal a Versailles for women or Zizanie for Men then Habanita is definitely doable.

I've heard many say it is similar to Reflection Man - which if true would mean it is easily wearable by men.

Terrific fragrance and possibly the only awesome release by Molinard.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Yap, me.

of course! just don't wear too much of it.

Basenotes Plus

from now smell this blog- "Molinard introduced Habanita in 1921, not as a personal fragrance but as a product to scent cigarettes. It was available in scented sachets to slide into a pack of cigarettes, or in liquid form: “A glass rod dipped in this fragrance and drawn along a lighted cigarette will perfume the smoke with a delicious, lasting aroma” (quoted in The Book of Perfume, page 76)."
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Quote Originally Posted by gido View Post
    of course! just don't wear too much of it.
    I agree. When I wear Habanita I spray perfume into the air immediately in front of me and walk through the mist. For Habanita, this method works well for me.

' Me and Haba were a team for a while' -- I felt slightly self-conscious as it is a bit heavy/powdery, but that's just me

JUST CALL ME "LITTLE HAVANA!"

Habanita is one of the most delicious perfumes in the world. Great if you're olive skinned and/or hairy. Works well where there's hair, even under arms. If you have some and find you can't quite pull it off, wear it to bed! (It does have a *very specific character to it.*)
    Spray your eiderdown in it! If you want to try something really interesting, spray it liberally on your belly button & down into your pubes: "The Treasure Trail" area, then on with the pants & trousers: Unbelievable. Truly a delight, and people go mad for it. This said, I have *not* tried the recent re-formulated "Eau de Parfum."
    Last edited by le mouchoir de monsieur; 25th June 2012 at 04:11 AM.
    "...a Chacun son Mauvais Gout."

Too feminine for me.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

I've tried it and while it's a great perfume, it's too strong and powdery for me. I much prefer C & S Cuba; preferably vintage.

Habanita is a wonderful, dusty tobacco/leather scent. Very complex and completely unisex.

The EDT has great sillage and longevity.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

l agree with Primrose; this one is completely unisex. On me the first half-hour is a little challenging, but that glorious drydown of incense smoke is to die for. l would love to smell it on a guy!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I found it too feminine and could not pull it off. Note I did not have the vintage version but a bottle of the current formula.

Banned

I bought it in EdT-strength some years ago and wore it with enthusiasm several times. However, there was a kind of feminine undercurrent that was too much for me. A shemale-connotation somewhere in the review section spoilt it completely for me. I might give it another try now although I'd rather smell it on a charming 20 year old girl with "bob"-hairstyle and an interest in the roaring twenties.
    Last edited by Candide; 25th June 2012 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by candide View Post
    i'd rather smell it on a charming 20 year old girl with "bob"-hairstyle and an interest in the roaring twenties.
    lol!

Newsflash: I just got hold of the "new" Habanita, recently launched as an eau de parfum. It is dissected in detail on my thread

SEX & THE SILLAGE

I did a "real time" wrist test review and explored every facet. In a nutshell, the new version is *MUCH* dryer, and has a bit of black pepper which seems absent in the now discontinued eau de toilette, making it about 10 times more unisex. My observations regarding colouring still hold, though: This is no blonde scent, male or female. Dark chestnut to black hair and olive to black skin obligatory. Very, very, fine job done in reformulation. The bottle alone is worth the cost. Longevity is superb, albeit softer, with far less sillage. My three word review on Fragrantica runs thus: SHALIMAR SAW DUST. My highest recommendation for this new version: It is *much* easier for a man to wear this than the previous one.

Its too feminine for me.I prefer Dior Homme.

Here is my updated review (from Frag):Now that I have become used to it, I add the following to my description below: First, this truly is a masterful reformulation. I must admit that it is the *only* reformulation I have ever smelled that actually improves upon the scent it is meant to replace, to wit, the original Molinard Eau de Toilette. Somehow, even though the new eau de parfum is distinctly different, it could be none other than Habanita: Strange but true. What I have figured out is the following: The new EdP actually resembles the original, and quite rare, Habanita Parfum: At $500.00US an ounce on e-bay, this is not a concentration easily found anywhere, but I have some, and I had always remarked how much smokier and dryer it was compared to the EdT: Missing is that exilherating thrill of flight that the EdT had, the sweetness of it: That is gone entirely. What remains is that unmatched "Habanita" aura--that "thing" that only Habanita has, and is here sublimated and made to last hours and hours, getting only darker and more daring as time progresses, and also developing a softness that is very cuddly and warm. Yes, it is very different from the original EdT, but somehow, it's better: Both longevity and sillage are more appropriate for a product of top quality: Less "room clearing" sillage, five times the longevity. The "Shalimar Saw Dust" note, which appears to be the "soul" of the fragrance, makes this very distinctly unisex, though adapted for a Romantic Man, not a soccer player or an "outdoorsy" type man: More the languid lounge lizard who reads and spends a lot of time thinking. Perhaps a lonely man. On a woman, this is a statement piece: After all, it is Habanita. Quite simply, even though it is a reformulation, it could not possibly be mistaken for any other. Intact: The fearless, aggressive, independent female who knows what she wants and is unashamed to go after it: Watch the video. The video translates the new EdP to perfection: If you don't like the video, you probably won't like the fragrance. While the new version is softer than the original, it is still somewhat "pushy." My hat off to Molinard: This reformation, relaunch, re-design should be studied by all of the industry as a truly memorable success.

I am wearing Habanita as I type & it is completely UNISEX! I find it strange that some guys say it is too feminine when they wear Dior Homme or Homme Intense both which I love by the way. It probably depends on the skin chemistry. I actually find Habanita more masculine than Dior Homme. But I think it runs neck & neck with the Intense as far as being as masculine due to the strong & ever present leather note. Habanita could/should have been marketed as a UNISEX fragrance. It has the best of both worlds in the perfume industry.
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

I love Habanita. Love it. Tobacco. Vanilla. Incredible on any skin. This is the "original" Tobacco Vanille!

In my opinion, yes and the only reason why I don't own and wear it yet is its, so far, limited availability where I live.

Totally. EDP from 2012

Basenotes Plus

Absolutely - easily wearable by either gender, IMHO. Glad to have it in the wardrobe

Basenotes Plus

smelled Habanita this past weekend at one of my favorite funky fragrance stores (place has been there for 20 years and has TONS of old stuff) and really liked it - the owner just laughs at me when i come in there -- "you certainly like trying all the weird stuff!!!" - yes, that's me. Blame it on Basenotes....

I liked it, and may have to pick up a bottle - disclaimer - I do happen to own Habit Rouge.
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....