Code of Conduct

Default Blind Success...Tom Ford Amber Absolute!

OOh this is good stuff!

It's like Ambre Sultan with the herbal toned down and the sweet vanillic amber turned up...throw in a dry dustiness a la Desert Marocain and mmmm...it's got that 'toasted marshmallows' thing (some reviewer had aptly mentioned) going on as well.

I have a 50 ml decant, and I'd probably run out to get a back up because I heard it's being discontinued, however--this one is so strong I think these 50mls will last me an eternity. Potent and powerful, I put half a spray on my wrist and its been going for hours. This is a two-spray-max kind of fragrance. I love it!

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I believe this has the potential to trump even Tobacco Vanille.

Nice.

Default Re: Blind Success...Tom Ford Amber Absolute!

Congrats, this juice is amazing. It's a beast. Glad to have it in my collection

If you like amber, you'll get it here in spades. One of my faves from TF.

Seriously, this rocks. The drydown is delicious. Reminds me of the drydown in Ambre Precieux.

I have decants of some of the other Tom Ford PB's, but Amber Absolute is the only one I have an actual retail bottle of. It is my favorite in the line. TV and NdN were my faves, but this one trumps both.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

My favorite amber. One of my favorites from the line... I have about 65ml left, which in theory should last me forever based on my wardrobe, but I'm assuming the notes will start to diminish before I'm out. Otherwise, I'd buy a couple more bottles before it was gone.

Basenotes Junkie

I have both, tom and serge, and I agree they are different, both are great though in their own way

One of my favorite amber perfumes.

Do try Versilia Vintage - Ambra Mediterrenea.
    for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    One of my favorite amber perfumes.

Do try Versilia Vintage - Ambra Mediterrenea.

Will do, Hedonist. This is why guys like you make this place great--your knowledge of perfumes is so extensive and you recommend frags that would otherwise remain obscure to the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Will do, Hedonist. This is why guys like you make this place great--your knowledge of perfumes is so extensive and you recommend frags that would otherwise remain obscure to the rest of us.
    You're most welcome!

for swap/sale:

Congratulations!

Basenotes Plus

Oh man, that's a great one Buysblind. There's a lil frag from Tom Ford he did a decade ago called Gucci Pour Homme...lol.

Tom Ford Amber Absolute is Gucci Pour Homme on massive quantities of steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by kimo View Post
    I have both, tom and serge, and I agree they are different, both are great though in their own way
    I was just comparing these two and reading old threads. I like Sultan but love Amber Absolute. I think they're pretty different. There was a thread a while back comparing them and the guy said they smelled exactly the same. I find that Sultan has a lot of a herbal green side and dries down much softer and almost like a powder. The Amber Absolute is warmer, richer and thicker and has a lot more spices.

edit - yeah here's the comparison. I don't think they're that similar
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/238...Amber-Absolute
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 27th January 2015 at 10:37 PM. Reason: added info
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

OOh this is good stuff!

It's like Ambre Sultan with the herbal toned down and the sweet vanillic amber turned up...throw in a dry dustiness a la Desert Marocain and mmmm...it's got that 'toasted marshmallows' thing (some reviewer had aptly mentioned) going on as well.

I have a 50 ml decant, and I'd probably run out to get a back up because I heard it's being discontinued, however--this one is so strong I think these 50mls will last me an eternity. Potent and powerful, I put half a spray on my wrist and its been going for hours. This is a two-spray-max kind of fragrance. I love it!

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I believe this has the potential to trump even Tobacco Vanille.

Nice.
    You sound very happy. Congrats!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    You sound very happy. Congrats!

Thank you for your belated felicitations.

Thank you for your belated felicitations.
    How embarrassing! Wasn't paying attention to the date.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I've got a bottle of Amber Absoiute, but I don't know what the big deal is. It smells almost identical to about 10 different "Amber" perfumes.
    You can walk into Whole Foods and get one of the Nemat oils that smells like it as well.
    Ambre Sultan is like a Twin once the herbal/harsh opening dies down. Amber Absolute had TOO much vanilla for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    How embarrassing! Wasn't paying attention to the date.
    mea culpa! Was just reading comparisons and the thread came up. Oh well.