Code of Conduct

Default Amber Absolute vs. Amber Narguile

Believe it or not, Amber Narguile was my first amber experience, and it was life-changing. I'm now on the hunt for other ambers, and the two that come to mind are the highly praised Amber Sultan and Amber Absolute. Based on the reviews I've come across, Amber Sultan has a spicy element to it that I don't think I would like... which brings me to the recently discontinued Tom Ford Frag.

This stuff is about the same price, if not more, for a 100 ml bottle, but is it better?

If you had to pick one, which would you pick?

Default Re: Amber Absolute vs. Amber Narguile

Don't forget Ambre 114.

I would pick ambre sultan but keep in mind these two ambers are way different than ambre narguile.

If I had to choose between them, I'd definitely choose Amber Absolute. I like Ambre Narguile, but sometimes the foody sweetness is just too much. (I assume based on the title of your post that you're asking for a comparison of these two.) If it's between AA and Ambre Sultan, I'd still choose AA. But Ambre Sultan is wonderful too.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Sample them both though. You will have a good idea of whats generally found in an amber fragrance. Ambre narguile is not a general amber accord you find in fragrances. Killer juice though..one of the best

The reason why I say ambre sultan is because of the spice. Gives it more character for me. Ambre sultan is smooth as a babies butt, lol

Try ambre russe...that will probably knock your socks off and it's affordable

Absolutely Ambre Narguile, although it's not a strong amber fragrance, at least not compared to Absolute. Absolute has a deep resinous amber, that I don't particularly like. You might have spoiled yourself already Keep in mind, other amber fragrances will give you a much better feel for what amber actually smells like, but not many are as pleasing to AN in my opinion.

ambre narguile

Ambre narguile for sure, although amber absolute is also good, but I find its hard to wear and is good only in certain scenarios/occasions.

Try Dior ambre Nuit as well.

Amber Absolute. Although, I love both. Great stuff.

I was doing amber absolute vs. ambre sultan. Was that the question or the title of the thread the question. If it's the title of the thread my answer is ambre narguile hands down

I'd agree that Ambre Narguile isn't a straight amber, and would likewise suggest trying Ambre 114 for a sublime amber experience.

I choose AN because as Sparky and others said, AN isn't a straight amber. I tried A.A and can't find anything special about this amber.
    If possible, please give HdP Amber 114 a try.

Amber Narguile

Ambre Narguile is not a typical amber based scent. The name is beguiling... AN is on the gourmand side with a delicious apple pie vibe while AA is more like a referance amber between mighty Ambre Sultan and dirty Absolue Pour le Soir with a hint of incense.

On the topic, Amber Narguile would be my choice since i don't get along well with amber based scents.

Between Amber Absolute and Amber Narguile. To me there both great. Give a try to Ambre Sultan, HdP Amber 114, Ambrarem. Mona di Orio Les Nombres d’Or Ambre

Thanks a lot for all the input!

It's a shame that AA isn't available anymore, but I will look into Ambre Sultan and Ambre 114 as well as the other recommendations made in this thread.

Also, am I the only one who DOESN'T get apple pie out of AN? I get honey and a bit of spice (cinnamon?) but no apple at all

I never got apple out of it, but I don't think that's the aspect that reminds people of apple pie, I think it's the spices and honey that give off a cinnamon and caramel vibe.
    Last edited by starshipvelcro; 14th May 2012 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    I never got apple out of it, but I don't think that's the aspect that reminds people of apple pie, I think it's the spices and honey that give off a cinnamon and caramel vibe.

Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification