Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Power Where You Need It

Default Re: What great designer frag contains the most unique combination of notes you can think of?

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    Really? I thought Comme des Garçons was niche. I lost my interest now!

Lol. Just kidding.
    Sarcasm is VERBOTEN when we speak about sa majestè CDG. Officer, handcuff this guy and spray him with Light Blue Pour Homme for a year in a row.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Default Re: What great designer frag contains the most unique combination of notes you can think of?

Kouros

M7

Mandragore Pourpre

Yatagan
    Last edited by Dr_Rudi; 15th May 2012 at 12:32 AM.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    All very nice suggestions, but my vote goes to YATAGAN by Caron

I get wet wild wolf in a huge celery campfire in the middle of a dark forrest with this fragrance.
    I will never learn to appreciate it, but it's very very unique and niche worthy - no doubt !!
    And yet, it is totally seemless in structure. A masterpiece

Tom Ford Extreme for Men.

Zino by Davidoff: The floral patchouly combo is quite unique....
    Declaration by Cartier: Again the sweaty cumin and cardamom qith that ashy cedary base is very unique.
    Nu edp by YSL: Incredible combination of flowers and metallic incense...crazy.
    SOLOMON saith: There is no new thing upon the earth. So that as Plato had an imagination, That all knowledge was but remembrance; so Solomon giveth his sentence, That all novelty is but oblivion.

Wow! Thank you, guys! Not sure why I didn't get all 38 replies in my email, but I'm glad to see your replies to this thread! thread. Awesome responses! I DO love Hanae Mori HM EDP, Fahrenheit, Black, vintage M7 (amazing!!!), and of course GPH I, but now I HAVE TO start investigating Antidote! Seems to be right up my alley! Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you all. If you guys have any more fantastic, yet complex and/or totally unique designer fragrances, please send them this way! Thanks again!

P.S. Tried recently to find the cursive DAVIDOFF Zino, but it appears to be an exercise in futility. If anyone knows where I can purchase a 4.2 bottle of this, please PM me.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Smyle12 View Post
    P.S. Tried recently to find the cursive DAVIDOFF Zino, but it appears to be an exercise in futility. If anyone knows where I can purchase a 4.2 bottle of this, please PM me.
    I found my bottles at local wholesale perfume shops. If that's not an option, hit eBay and look at every photo to find the cursive bottles, then email the sellers the same message every time about if that's actually what they're selling.

Also, BN marketplace.

I find Zino to be a descendent of Jicky, but with more rose and rosewood, and a bit less sweet, more tart. Also, I find it quite animalic in a similar way to Jicky. It borders on "bathroomy" in an intriguing, edgy way. I find it bright and surprisingly wearable, with average longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    I think Dior Fahrenheit is my pick. The fact it's been out so long and no one has tried to ever touch it speaks volumes.
    this

Fahrenheit in terms of scent, John Varvatos in terms of listed notes.

Mugler Cologne: Soap and Seamans
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

+1 for Body Kouros. The mentholated eucalyptus note mixed with smoky incense and sweet powdery tonka/benzoin is odd & unique to me.
    Currently wearing: Black Soul by Ted Lapidus

Odeur 71 by CdG

Electricity, Metal, Office, Mineral, Dust on a hot light bulb, photocopier toner, Hot metal, Toaster, fountain pen ink, Pencil Shavings, The salty taste of a battery, incense, Wood, Moss, Willow, Elm, Birch, Bamboo, Hyacinth and Lettuce Juice

If there is a more unique combination of notes, I'm unaware of it.