Code of Conduct

Default L'ombre Fauve, Feuilles de Tabac & Yatagan!

Greetings Ladies and Gents,

I have to thank everyone here who pointed me in the direction of these two beauties.

I'm not a fan of pimento but I don't mind it at all in this fragrance. I need to have a handful more of outings with this but it looks like I'm going to be a big fan. Soft mild tobacco too has me hooked.

L'ombre Fauve is a unique scent in that I have not come across that thick, prickly opening before and that musky patchouli is very sexy with it's sweet drydown.

With winter here I'm enjoying these scents that I can't wear in high humidity. One however I love in the hot weather- Yatagan- has really surprised me recently. I've owned this for many years and I have not had any reaction to it in the heat- my wife did not like it though- and I wore it the other day when there was a slight chill in the air. Everyone I came into contact with LOVED it. My wife has changed her opinion of it and I'm glad I get to wear it more often without her holding her nose!

Best wishes,

K.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: L'ombre Fauve, Feuilles de Tabac & Yatagan!

Great stuff Koala! I also do love l'ombre fauve!

Can you tell us more about Yatagan?

One reviewer described L'ombre Fauve as a fox wearing baby powder. I love this description, as I feel it is quite accurate, but I haven't been fortunate enough to meet a dandified fox yet.

I'd say it's FB worthy, for sure. A little bit goes a long way and it has exceptional longevity. I'm sure I have a scarf or two that smell permanently of L'ombre Fauve.

I've never met a dandified fox either Calero!

@Volley- I have the vintage Yatagan and I find it a dry, masculine scent- something that I'd imagine my father or uncle wearing after a haircut and shave at the barber (not in a old, dated way at all- I find it strong yet comforting). In the chilled air I find it even more enticing. Wormwood, some people find what they call a 'celery' note (I know what people are saying here) but this does not affect me and castoreum and leather in the base. The top has pine and basil I believe and the middle oakmoss and vetiver. I'm finding this an all year round masculine that I could wear in any situation. One of my most versatile in fact. A gem.
    Last edited by koala501; 14th May 2012 at 10:41 AM.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you koala for that vivid review. It does sound good.....no wonder why it's considered a masterpiece. hmmmm?!?!?

Indeed Volley2! I urge everyone to try this masterpiece!

I always thought of Yatagan as a cold weather scent. It gives me a cozy, ultramasculine lumberjack vibe. Ok, cozy and lumberjack don't really match, but somehow it does make sense to me, lol!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I wear it in the heat and it works extremely well for me but with the winter crispness I find the notes take on a different colour. They are much sharper and masculine whereas I find the humidity here makes it somewhat sluggish- still nice though.

All around great scents. Glad you are enjoying them.

L'Ombre Fauve was my first Parfumerie Générale full bottle.

Autographed by Pierre Guillaume himself, if you please.