Code of Conduct

Default Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Dear basenotes friends : )))

I absolutely love Penhaligon's products, esp Blenheim + Hammam + Douro + Juniper Sling

In regards to Blenheim Bouquet (BB), does anyone else feel this gent's cologne fits into the Eau de Cologne category ?? (I'm thinking of Guerlain's EdC, Roger&Gallet, etc.)

Longevity, top notes, is this really an Eau de Cologne disguised as something else to justify its astronomical price ?

Thanks for the feedback : )))

Great Throbbing Member

Default Re: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Yes, I find it a bit on the weedy side in both longevity and potency. Lovely scent though. I have a 15ml mini which I'm unlikely to replace. I don't think Penhaligon's worry about charging top dollar for EdCs - they have one in their pricey Anthology range and Endymion from the standard range is labelled as a 'cologne'. On the other hand Racquet's Formula is a 'cologne' which I find lasts longer than many an EdT. Go figure.

I wouldn't say it's a clear edc but yes it has branches stemming from the edc genre.

It's much more complex than the common edc but not as complex as other perfumes.

I've been wearing it more and more latey and tempted to label it as 'hidden gem' in its respective genre.
    for swap/sale:

Stronger than a regular EDC, but indeed similarities with the regular EDC notes somehow linger on.

What's left after three hours, is pretty weak.
    It is EDC strength to me.
    Renato

Are these expensive outside the UK? I got all of my Penhaligons for under 40!