Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Dior Leather Oud

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    I keep coming back to Leather Oud. The skank factor in the dry down sometimes scares me, as I fear someone close to me would think I smell like, well, old urine perhaps. Wearing Leather Oud a few times again recently, though, after not having smelled it in a good while, I'm noticing two things. First, I LOVE the first several hours of this fragrance. It's warm, butch, spicy, a bit mysterious. Second, the skank effect later on doesn't always fully kick in, and I'm starting to enjoy it, as long as I don't stick my nose right in it. There's something about that spiced honey civet accord which comes across as both a bit lascivious but also warm and snuggly. Anyone else have that response to the dry down?

One thing's for sure: I really admire this fragrance, even if it sometimes still scares me a bit.

My thoughts exactly...well said/written. I have two fav leather scents LO and Knize 10 Golden Edition. I must say after spending a considerable amount of time with both I prefer KNIZE 10 GE just a little more. Why ? The drydown is way smoother with my Knize 10. It's actually the best part. Even though the petroleum smell is always there I find it soothing.

LO IMO shines during the first few hours and with *heat. Believe it or not I love this scent in hot weather. On my skin the musk gets crazy sillage. This is the first scent in a long time that has gotten compliments from strangers. Then there is the drydown without heat. When I am alone smelling my chest I get a barn animal. Something with damp sweaty fur...a camel a gofer...something like that. At that point I question if LO is for me. I have yet to wear it while interacting on a date. That time is nearing and I am very interested to see what the reaction is...maybe not !

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I tried this on my dry, perfume scrubbing skin and it lasted more than 9 hours on me. It must be a case of olfactory fatigue.

this monster last a whole day on me, and i've dry skin btw

bloody beast mate!

it's better if you spray it rather than splash as from the 5ml sample you got there
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    I keep coming back to Leather Oud. The skank factor in the dry down sometimes scares me, as I fear someone close to me would think I smell like, well, old urine perhaps. Wearing Leather Oud a few times again recently, though, after not having smelled it in a good while, I'm noticing two things. First, I LOVE the first several hours of this fragrance. It's warm, butch, spicy, a bit mysterious. Second, the skank effect later on doesn't always fully kick in, and I'm starting to enjoy it, as long as I don't stick my nose right in it. There's something about that spiced honey civet accord which comes across as both a bit lascivious but also warm and snuggly. Anyone else have that response to the dry down?

One thing's for sure: I really admire this fragrance, even if it sometimes still scares me a bit.
    Lol Onethinline! you've nail it. Exactly my feelings towards this dark masterpiece from hell. It is, at the beginning very formal, elegant and sublime dark oud from a far away land.

It's evening now, you step out of the shower and start dressing up for that special occasion, you know you'll wear Leather Oud, is special, unique from Dior's private collection, so hard to find. You can imagine making a phenomenal entrance, yeah this how good I smell, a man with class, this how I roll. I'll show you the epitome of smelling great!

But then oh no! it's getting hot, your body temperature rises (you know that dancing is out of the question, no, no dancing for me, thanks, you apologize kindly. But it is still hot and then it hits you, right under your nose, that ONE single-from far away-sprayed-spray on your chest. It climbs up out of your shirt and into your nose and you get this rotten sweet and sweaty stench. As if you went horse ridding and forgot two things: One, you didn't saddle the horse cause that for sissies and two: after a good three hour workout with it you forgot to change your pants! and your still wearing them!

Yes, there's no escape, no where to hide or to run too, oh it's bad. You start feeling sorry for who ever is near. At the same time it is so addictive, you can't stay away for too long, you can't keep it too far. I usually lift the cap just to get a hint of this magical potion, the one you got from that old hag in the woods cabin.

Your only hope is that with winter here temperatures drop and maybe you'll be able to wear it, maybe just a little bit, yes maybe just a dab, a halfway spray, yes only maybe spray up and walkthrough! yes that will do.

You've nailed: Admiration! this what thee opium smokers feel like when you inhale it, and you are scared of the outcome.

I just love it, the next day every thing smell like Leather Oud, your shirt, your car, your sheets, everything. I want to do t again.
    Last edited by Ivan D' Great; 15th October 2012 at 04:43 AM.

Yep! Scary yet beguiling. It's worth pointing out that the sometimes urine-like accord of the honey and civet is only there smelled up close. From a short distance it becomes more a warm, slightly naughty (in a good sexy way) smell. Up close, though... that's what kind of scares me. But I'm glad to have this one.

Also, you're quite right about other things smelling like it the next day. It's been two days now and my sheets and pillow still smell a bit like it. In a good way.

After enjoying Leather Oud so much I went ahead and purchased Oud Ispahan. Both have excellent longevity and can even smell it after I wash my shirt. I'm thinking my issue might have been with my spray sample because after purchasing a full bottle I've had no issues.