Code of Conduct

Default If I do 3 sprays, Approximately how many wearings of a 1.7oz bottle can I get?

I bought a 1.7 oz decant of Aventus and want to know how many wearings I could get out of it if I sprayed 3 times every time! I need to know if I should use sparingly or if I can casually spray it.

Default Re: If I do 3 sprays, Approximately how many wearings of a 1.7oz bottle can I get?

I'm going to attempt some math here. It won't be 100% accurate, but it'll be a good guestimate as to how many sprays you can get out of it. Let's say the average fragrance atomizer disperses 10-12 sprays per ml. Your bottle is a 50 ml bottle, 50ml x 10 = 500 sprays and 50ml x 12 = 600 sprays. You spray 3 times per application, so 500/3 = 166.6 wearings and 600/3 =200 wearings. If you were to wear 3 sprays of Aventus every day, you could wear it approximately 167-200 times, or roughly 5-7 months.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Default Re: If I do 3 sprays, Approximately how many wearings of a 1.7oz bottle can I get?

Depends on the sprayer. As a splitter (in my country only) i have some experience.

The most economical sprayers, in my collection, are the Tom Fords. 17 sprays = 1ml.

The most strong sprayers are Dior Homme and Intense and Creeds, 9 sprays = 1ml.

The average of most of my bottles are 12 sprays = 1ml. The atomizers that i use are about the same. Maybe a little less sprays, 11 or 10, but depends.

So at average 50ml = 600 sprays = 200 full wear (with 3 sprays) = 6.5 months
    Creeds 50ml = 450 sprays = 150 full wear (with 3 sprays) = 5 months
    Tom Ford 50ml = 850 sprays = 283 full wear (with 3 sprays) = 9.4 months

If you have other fragrances and don't intend to wear it everyday then it will last forever probably.

I have only 3 1.7oz bottles (Infusion d'Homme, TdH, A*Men) I haven't even scratched the surface with these owned them for about 2 months.

What I tend to do is buy 1.7oz bottles of fragrances that have beastly longevity and projection. I do this because 3 sprays usually works and I preserve the longevity of the bottle.

For fragrances where I have to spray more I usually purchase 3.4oz bottles.

There are always exceptions if I find a crazy good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I'm going to attempt some math here. It won't be 100% accurate, but it'll be a good guestimate as to how many sprays you can get out of it. Let's say the average fragrance atomizer disperses 10-12 sprays per ml. Your bottle is a 50 ml bottle, 50ml x 10 = 500 sprays and 50ml x 12 = 600 sprays. You spray 3 times per application, so 500/3 = 166.6 wearings and 600/3 =200 wearings. If you were to wear 3 sprays of Aventus every day, you could wear it approximately 167-200 times, or roughly 5-7 months.
    Wow! Thank you for that math. I definitely got a better sense of how often I can wear it.

Sprayers vary. Some produce a cloud that could disperse a riot, others barely sneeze. But if you have as few as five or six in your wardrobe, they should all last at least a couple of years or more.

I've always felt 75ml (2.5oz) is the ideal - wish it was more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by frug View Post
    Sprayers vary. Some produce a cloud that could disperse a riot, others barely sneeze. But if you have as few as five or six in your wardrobe, they should all last at least a couple of years or more.
    All true.

this is why I always buy 50-75ml bottles...

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by frug
    Sprayers vary. Some produce a cloud
    = Creed

Quote Originally Posted by frug
    others barely sneeze.
    = Le Labo

TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Depends on the sprayer. As a splitter (in my country only) i have some experience.

The most economical sprayers, in my collection, are the Tom Fords. 17 sprays = 1ml.

The most strong sprayers are Dior Homme and Intense and Creeds, 9 sprays = 1ml.

The average of most of my bottles are 12 sprays = 1ml. The atomizers that i use are about the same. Maybe a little less sprays, 11 or 10, but depends.

So at average 50ml = 600 sprays = 200 full wear (with 3 sprays) = 6.5 months
    Creeds 50ml = 450 sprays = 150 full wear (with 3 sprays) = 5 months
    Tom Ford 50ml = 850 sprays = 283 full wear (with 3 sprays) = 9.4 months

I think these pretty much cover it.

This article is what shocked me out of my buying habits and gave me psychological license to blast my scents away without worry about using them up. I knew I had enough fragrances to last me for decades, but this really made me face the reality of my situation. Now I absolutely spray without restraint, since it's clear I won't really ever be able to use up what I currently own.

Quote Originally Posted by >BOOMER< View Post
    I think these pretty much cover it.
    I don't like this - this means that if I use 24-32 sprays daily for the next 30 years and stop buying new fragrances as of today, I will still have 12 bottles left at that time...........crazy thinking...............
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

I've decanted enough to know that on average a single ml is about 10 sprays.

Therefore 50 ml has about 500 spritzes.

3 per application will yield you about 167 wearings.

for swap/sale: