Code of Conduct

Default Special scents/special notes, hate/love whatever...

Right now i'm so tired of the mainstream scents (well quite awhile actually) citrus, aquatics, whatever mainstream means right now, I think you maybe know what I mean...

I'm out looking for special scents with special notes. That don't means I've planning to get ruined by this.
    Price up to max. $40-50.

To a certain content these scents listed here may suit the bill to a certain extent...:
    Zaleri Sartoriale
    Cadillac Cadillac
    Bogart CityTower
    Zirh Ikon,
    these I have.

I've been looking on the folowing two:
    Bailmain Carbone
    and
    Jesus Del Pozo Quasar

Without having to suggest Secretions Magnifigues, what is there out there that you can think of?

Personal preferences are woody, spicy, incense, not too old-school, not get very happy for vanilla, sweet sweet scents and citrus-scents, BUT in this case you gan ignore that and suggest whatever you can think of

Please help me find some

Default Re: Special scents/special notes, hate/love whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by anders View Post
    I've been looking on the following two:
    Balmain Carbone
    This is a good one IMO.

Boss Elements
    Baldessarini EDC
    Zino Davidoff
    Rive Gauche pour Homme EDT

Neither of these should break the $40-50 barrier, especially during sales or on the sites of online retailers, all have very little to no mainstream notes, are woody, slightly incense-like, spicy too in a reasonable measure, also, while being individualistic and mature, they don't smell dated.

Bvlgari Black might fit the bill? Or is that too mainstream?

Eau de L'occitane pour homme.

I don't know whether you'd class it as 'mainstream', but Paul Smith London would be my recommendation. Fits your budget and is a long way removed from the citrus/aquatic club!

Dsquared2 He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood (3.4 oz EDT spray testers go for ~ $35 on ebay) - this is excellent juice

Yves Rocher Comme Une Evidence Homme, in my opinion, is one of the best bargains in masculine perfumery. It would fit your bill nicely from a notes and price standpoint (picked up my 3.4 oz EDT spray plus a 5 oz body wash for $22.00 shipped)

L'Occitane Eau des Baux is woodsy, spicy, and incensy but it does have some sweetness that may bother you (pricetag for a 3.4 EDT spray will likely be around your upper limit)

For something really avant-garde and within the price range, Breath of God by Lush ($45), a smoky vetiver.

cacio

Jacomo de Jacomo -- smokey cloves

Azzaro Visit -- cedar, nutmeg, pepper and incense.
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Zirh Corduroy............... nice spicy powdery woods and great compliment getter
    Michael Jordan Legend..similar to rochas man, NH Men and Le Male all in one bottle and everyone loves that one
    Ted Lapidus Black Soul.......rich spices and great smell

If u want macho less sweet scents try a few of these
    Yatagan Caron........great refined oriental chypre that is VERY mascuine
    Montana Parfum D'Homme.........great green smell with some insence, vanilla and great spices and a nice green freshness and is absolutely LOVED on here

Dirty English......a nice smoky resinous agarwood scent with some rich spices and a VERY macho feel that can be bought for a VERY low price
    Gucci Pour Homme One......great macho scent with some nice exotic insence and everyone loves that one

Gormandish/Sweet Scents
    Lolita Lempicka........le male with some licorice and a slightly different powdery feel
    Ghost Man.....similar to Le Male but better to many peoples noses
    Body Kouros....a more rich masculine version of le male with a MUCH better smell
    Ted Lapidus Black Soul.......a nice masculine semi gormandish scent similar to one million in the opening but deeper and richer in the drydown
    Carlos Santana.....nice sweet woodsy vanilla cinnamon fresh scent great for a date
    John Varvatos.......a nice sweet powdery woodsy vanilla
    La Nuit.....great rich spicy smell
    Hanae Mori HM.......absolutely phenomenal smell
    S.T. Dupont.............VERY highly rated hazelnut drydown

you can prob get a decant of pure malt or musk ravageur on here for under 40 and its VERY good stuff.......let me know what u end up getting

Quote Originally Posted by anders View Post
    I'm out looking for special scents with special notes. That don't means I've planning to get ruined by this.
    Price up to max. $40-50.

Personal preferences are woody, spicy, incense, not too old-school, not get very happy for vanilla, sweet sweet scents and citrus-scents, BUT in this case you gan ignore that and suggest whatever you can think of

Please help me find some
    Hi!

Excuse any repititions from above posts, but I'd suggest, for starters:

Encre Noire (~$40) for woody
    Bulgari Man (~$45) for woody
    Jack Black Silver Label (~$55) for woody-spicy
    Body Kouros (~$35) for incensy-spicy
    Last edited by protector; 15th May 2012 at 10:14 PM.

Thew new Spicebomb is very unique. Same goes for Noble Vetiver and Noble Cedre.

for swap/sale:

Bvlgari Black
    Encre Noire

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Bvlgari Black
    Encre Noire
    +1 These.

My suggestion is to explore Lush and Comme Des Garcons. They both have quite unusual fragrances at very resonable prices.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

As LT and others have pointed out, some vintage frags marketed to women might be fine for men looking for something different, especially if you can wait a few minutes to let the top notes dissipate. One example is the original Dali frag; another is Miglin's Pheromone.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 16th May 2012 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This is a good one IMO.
    +1
    Carbon reminds me TF Tuscan Leather, less sweet and leathery, more spicy and musky

Banned

Try:

Fahrenheit Absolute by Christian Dior - Any similarity to its ancestral Fahrenheit is left by the wayside in its opening; this is not a bad thing, inasmuch as this challenging fragrance indeed stands on its own extraordinary merits. The opening is a beautiful violet leaf, toned down by the additon of alluring myrrh, giving the impression of a darkened house of worship, after service, with vases of lovely violets scattered here and there. The heart with its smoky frankincense, a light oud and kisses of leather, beckons and subsumes the violet and myrrh into a warm melange. With the violet still twinkling here and there, this mixture segues into the comforting base with the its dark cedar and agarwood, tempered nicely by coumarin with its tonka bean vanilla. Evoking a dark yet mellow character, this somewhat avant-garde composition is well done. Being a cool weather and evening scent, it has very good longevity and projection.

&

He Wood Rocky Mountain by Dsquared2 - In the enchanting opening, one is treated to a cloud of white pepper, carrying a lovely, cool violet and refreshing, creamy lily. A strong heart with its brawny duet of cedarwood and vetiver makes one sense a wet forest, and carries off the floral accord to join its soothing base. Segueing to that drydown, a melange of warm amber, smoky incense and sensual musk overlay the woody and floral accords. This floral, incense and woody fragrance is one of the best outdoors scents, and is a very versatile fragrance. Wonderfully, the longevity and projection are both excellent.

Thank you so much for all suggestions. In fact I've tried quite much of them, and I do agree that most of them are what I asked for.

Things I'm going to try based on your suggestions:
    Zirh Corduroy; Balmain Carbone and Black Soul ++++ and hopefully more with time.

Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    Eau de L'occitane pour homme.

Could you or someone please send me a link to this one. I can't find it.... maybe I have written it wrong when searching