Code of Conduct

Default Love Eau des Merveilles. What else should I try?

I am completely in love with Eau des Merveilles EDT. On me, it lasts forever (24 hours, maybe?), wears in that "your skin but better" way, and the combination of the pepper + ambergris + woods + oranges is stunning. Perfume soulmate, right? Except after two weeks of wearing it, I can't smell it very well throughout the day anymore. So! I'm in search of the perfect followup. Leathery, exotic floral, amber, spicy, citrusy, coffee, vetiver scents welcome! What should I try?

Thank you!

Default Re: Love Eau des Merveilles. What else should I try?

Dior Dune? Another punchy, slightly odd, big scent. Dry, warm, twiggy woody, unusual florals and an almost dark chocolatey amber.

Welcome to Basenotes!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Amouage Memoir Man. It shares a key aromachemical with Eau des Merveilles - that creamy note that lasts forever. It's darker, woodier, incensier - a dark and introverted complement to EdM brighter and more extroverted nature.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Montale Dark Purple

I'm struggling with most of the suggestions people have made here.. I just don't see much of a link in any of them to Eau des Merveilles! No offense, folks...

I'd seriously try Millesime Imperial, which has the ambergris/salt/sun feel and Erolfa, both by Creed. I'd also highly endorse Parfum des Merveilles as well! Eau des Merveilles to me is a salty oceanic/marine scent - though I've not tried it Heeley Sel Marin is supposedly a good one, as is Profumum's Acqua di Sale for evoking similar accords although the Ellena "finish" won't be present in these different houses.

Banned

Try:

Fire Island by Bond No. 9 - Upon application, the ozone combining with the spicy cardamon magically transports one to a beach where sweat adorns oiled bodies worshipping the sun. A nascent floral, neroli, attracts that sensory perception to the heart, where the tangy neroli joins with a creamy white mush to flavor the concoction with a somewhat spicy, buttery sourness. The exotic base beckons this middle to its sweet tuberose, which along with a hint of patchouli, and heaps of skin musk completes the sunscreen journey. This novel, beach scent is indeed well made, with good longevity and average projection, becoming a skin scent after maybe 3 hours or so.

&