Code of Conduct

Default Article: Jo Malone to launch Blackberry & Bay Cologne

Blog Entries

Default Re: Article: Jo Malone to launch Blackberry & Bay Cologne

Now that sounds like one I might like. Nice to see it's not a limited edition.

Maybe this will fill the gap created when L'Artisan discontinued their Mure et Musc Cologne. Sounds good...

she should first sort out the longevity of her frags considering how overpriced they are! i once considered starting a thread (well, rant) about why all jo malone's shop assistants CONSTANTLY refuse to give out any samples. is this their company policy? when you take in consideration the lack of longevity (poor quality) and the price of their perfumes and then you look at houses like chanel and dior that freely and very generously give out samples (dior has 5ml sample bottles from their la collection privee), well, that really makes you think twice about spending your hard earned money buying perfumes from a company that doesn't really respect their customers. and yes, i know that she doesn't have anything to do with the company anymore but unfortunately they've kept the same arrogant sloaney attitude from the time when she opened her first boutique in chelsea (oh, excuse me, read that as 'exclusive').

Blog Entries

I'm surprised they don't give out samples in your area. At the Jo Malone boutique in Nordstrom here, the policy is two samples per customer per visit.

Now I'm wondering if that is Jo Malone policy or just Nordstrom policy.

30 roses, i bet is nordstrom policy. i only go to their own boutiques and they always refuse. and may i say quite bluntly. recently (as in last couple of years) i haven't even wanted to get their samples, i just wanted to see if they do this constantly and as a policy and i can tell you, without a fail, they never do give out samples. if any jo malone reps or sa's read this, 'shame on you'!

Basenotes Institution

How weird .
    I think it also depends on the individual SA . I've 12 samples foisted on to me when I've bought from Jo Malone . From Nordstroms too .
    So maybe it is the boutique policy .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

maybe they're just cheap only here in the uk..

Excited to try this one. I don't have high hopes for longevity as most of hers fade quickly on me (the exception being Rosewater & Vanilla which is my fave so far), but if it lasts I will probably pick up.

I'msurprised @ samples policy too. At the Nordstrom I go to in Chicago, I've received many samples. Once, I got 8. I've also received delux samples of
    9 ml each in the past.

Basenotes Plus

Blackberry and Bay Cologne sounds wonderful, can't wait to try it.

Blog Entries

I'm down with Danny1967, I've never been offered a sample from Jo Malone boutiques in London, which I find shocking considering the price of the products. I happen to have really fallen in love with Dark Amber & Ginger Lilly but only because a friend gave me the last bit of a bottle, other wise I never would have had the proper opportunity to get to know a Jo Malone frag. A stark contrast to visiting the Miller Harris London boutique recently where the SA's actually talked to me, asked me what kind of thing I like, made suggestions and then gave me samples, the result of which I am now utterly in love with Fleur Oriential and will probably save up my hard earned cash to buy it. A fait (read sale) accompli. Jo M'Sloane should take note.

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    she should first sort out the longevity of her frags considering how overpriced they are! i once considered starting a thread (well, rant) about why all jo malone's shop assistants CONSTANTLY refuse to give out any samples. is this their company policy? when you take in consideration the lack of longevity (poor quality) and the price of their perfumes and then you look at houses like chanel and dior that freely and very generously give out samples (dior has 5ml sample bottles from their la collection privee), well, that really makes you think twice about spending your hard earned money buying perfumes from a company that doesn't really respect their customers. and yes, i know that she doesn't have anything to do with the company anymore but unfortunately they've kept the same arrogant sloaney attitude from the time when she opened her first boutique in chelsea (oh, excuse me, read that as 'exclusive').

I have worked for Jo Malone and the reason why many boutiques do not freely give out samples is because the number of people who constantly expect 'freebies' but NEVER actually buy anything is ridiculous. And it is ALWAYS the same people. My store did actually give out samples with purchases over a certain amount and customers appreciated this. I understand that many people want to test the fragrance first to see how it settles on their skin; however this is why we encourage people to try the products in-store. Perhaps when people stop expecting free hand-outs Jo Malone will be more willing to give out samples.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCW11 View Post
    I have worked for Jo Malone and the reason why many boutiques do not freely give out samples is because the number of people who constantly expect 'freebies' but NEVER actually buy anything is ridiculous....
    ...we encourage people to try the products in-store...
    "Never" may be just "not yet". Perhaps they are still trying to find THE scent that will do it for them. You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince.... I've tested many hundreds of perfumes in order to find the ones I own.

Trying in-store is not sufficient for me. It's a good starting point, and helps me weed out the ones that I absolutely won't like, but before I can feel confident that a perfume will work for me, I have to be able to do several full wearings.

Who would buy a car if they were told that they couldn't test drive it outside the dealership, only sit in it, and play with the controls and drive around the dealership's parking lot? That is what being limited to a tester bottle is like.

Quote Originally Posted by SCW11 View Post
    I have worked for Jo Malone and the reason why many boutiques do not freely give out samples is because the number of people who constantly expect 'freebies' but NEVER actually buy anything is ridiculous. And it is ALWAYS the same people. My store did actually give out samples with purchases over a certain amount and customers appreciated this. I understand that many people want to test the fragrance first to see how it settles on their skin; however this is why we encourage people to try the products in-store. Perhaps when people stop expecting free hand-outs Jo Malone will be more willing to give out samples.
    On the other hand, where did all those Jo Malone samples on eBay come from??? I am shocked!
    "See a shoe, and pick it up, and all day long you'll have good luck." by A. W.

Just tried Blackberry & Bay sample from latest Nordstrom mailer - very irresistible scent, but faded very fast - no way I'd spend that much for something that doesn't last

Quote Originally Posted by Mondamin View Post
    On the other hand, where did all those Jo Malone samples on eBay come from??? I am shocked!
    Could it be possible that Jo Malone were so tight with their samples that they're now too old to give out and have been passed on to a third party.

Blog Entries

If anyone is interested in reading the reviews of the new Blackberry & Bay in our sample pass, see here (the 10 samples were generously donated by the Jo Malone counter at Nordstrom):

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/310...-pass-USA-only